Thai Navy Setting 1000 People A Drift To Die?

cbrer

Remember this? The Rohingya people around 2008/9. Towed out to sea and set adrift to die without food or water by the Thai navy.

1000 of them I believe. Men, women and children. Towed out and set adrift in wooden boats.

Has anything actually happened about it?

I'm interested in any developments thanks.

Listen, its hard enough to get any action going against any form of extra judicial killing that involves the military or police even when the victims are Thai or another recognised nationality.

When your dealing with stateless people, and the Rohingya are certainly that, your the bottom of the pile, yesterdays news. And that is what it is, "news" ain't no-one batting on their behalf and when the news moves on so will the NGO's who took a fleeting interest.

Tough I know. Welcome to the Land of Smiles.

If those refugees had of come by boat to Australia, they could have been put up in 4 star hotels, clothed, fed, given cash and the list goes on.

If I had put my wife on a boat to come to OZ, besides the trip here, it would have been far far easier in regards to visas. Thats no joke.

Any information on International Action against the Thai authorities on any of this?

What kind of "action"?

There are thousands of instances of "international law" (ha ha) being violated every day by every country, not least those western ones whose idealists tried to dream up such an impractical concept in the first place.

Totally irrelevant to reality unless backed up by a country with guns and the will to use them, usually backed by selfish reasons no matter the cover story.

Nobody with real power cares about poor marginalized minorities in any country, least of all in this part of the world.