Major Weekend Crime Suppression Operation By Pattaya Police

webfact

Major Weekend Crime Suppression Operation by Pattaya Police

police-121.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Friday Night, Pattaya Police conducted a major crime suppression operation with a focus on arresting those involved in either selling or consuming illegal drugs. The operation began with a parade at the site of the old Xzyte Discotheque on Pattaya Third Road where over 400 officers and volunteers from Pattaya Police Station, Immigration Police, Tourist Police and Highway Police were given specific instructions on where to go and what to look for.

Different Police Divisions were given different priorities but the General confirmed the main focus was drug crime. The Officers were sent on their way and just 1 hour later the results of the evenings operation was announced at a press conference held at Pattaya Police Station led by the Provincial Police Commander, Police Major General Katcha.

The General began with arrests for minor offences and announced the detention of 40 suspected loiterers who were found on Pattaya Beach. They were profiled and later fined 100 Baht before being sent on their way. Also arrested were 20 street vendors who were found on Walking Street. They also received small fines before being released.

The General then moved onto those arrested on drug offences and began with the arrest of 11 individuals who failed roadside drug tests and were charged with consumption of a class 1 drug which carries a maximum sentence of 45 days in prison if convicted. The next to be arrested was Khun Saktawee aged 24 who was caught in possession of 3 Yabba Tablets. She was charged with possession of a class 1 drug and held pending a Court appearance. Khun Waratip aged 30 was next and she was caught with 0.3g of Crystal Methamphetamine.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-20

footer_n.gif

A police presence of that size on the streets at weekends has to be good for Pattaya.

I suspect that they are limited as to the amount of fine that they can hand out.

Maybe someone in the know can tell us how it works

Fails to amaze me that they consider an exercise like this a "major crime suppression operation", when the results are anounced an hour after it began.

Actually, with the results they got, I am further amazed that they wasted anymore time by announcing them! 400 police and volunteers appears to be a waste of manpower for the results they achieved for that one hour period (IMHO)

Edited by chrisinth

Fails to amaze me that they consider an exercise like this a "major crime suppression operation", when the results are anounced an hour after it began.

Actually, with the results they got, I am further amazed that they wasted anymore time by announcing them! 400 police and volunteers appears to be a waste of manpower for the results they achieved for that one hour period (IMHO)

' they consider an exercise like this a "major crime suppression operation",'

The "they" you refer to would be Thai Visa or the crack reporting team at Pattaya One??

Just another night for the Keystone cops.

And just another day for the Thai Visa Troglodytes to air all their very old, tired & meaningless comments. TiTV.

Pardon blink.png and your opinion on the value of this type of operation in Pattaya is ?

I was commenting on the value of the usual tired, meaningless comments on TV.

I suppose referring to the police as Keystone Cops is meant to be humorous.

I have no particular love for the police here or anywhere, but the Thai Police are no less effective than in FarangUtopia.

If people want to be critical, however, it would be nice if they didn't copy & paste the same tired, pointless comments over and over and over. The police in UK just discovered that someone was abusing children for the past 60 years ... after he died. At least in Thailand the police tend to arrest people who are still living.

I have no particular love for the police here or anywhere, but the Thai Police are no less effective than in FarangUtopia.

Do you actually believe this statement or are you just feeling argumentative ?

Do you think that the BIB measure up to the police forces in the UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Australia, NZ, Singapore etc ?

But I reckon you're way wide of the mark there.

So let me get this straight: 400 police men were able to fine a few poor Issaan hookers (who make Pattaya more colorful and interesting anyway and would be a loss for partytown Pattaya!) and not even a handful of drugs (for the set up with the 4000 tablets, this big police operation was completely unnecessary as it had obviously already been planned anyway)????

After all, just another waste of taxpayer's money and pure 'marketing' gag.

A police presence of that size on the streets at weekends has to be good for Pattaya.

I suspect that they are limited as to the amount of fine that they can hand out.

You are right in your first sentence. But doing it one time and less than one hour is not going to have much impact.

And just another day for the Thai Visa Troglodytes to air all their very old, tired & meaningless comments. TiTV.

Pardon blink.png and your opinion on the value of this type of operation in Pattaya is ?

I was commenting on the value of the usual tired, meaningless comments on TV.

I suppose referring to the police as Keystone Cops is meant to be humorous.

If people want to be critical, however, it would be nice if they didn't copy & paste the same tired, pointless comments over and over and over. The police in UK just discovered that someone was abusing children for the past 60 years ... after he died. At least in Thailand the police tend to arrest people who are still living.

Ludicrous.

How embarrassing for you to have that post against your name.

You are right in your first sentence. But doing it one time and less than one hour is not going to have much impact.

+1

If everything you read here is "old. tired and meaningless", I just gotta' ask, why do you continue to waste your time reading anything on this site? Just curious.

• Like 1