How Much Is Yearly Tax For House

Hi well i renting a house and in the contract they say that i have to pay the tax on the house,Its once a year,private house.

Any one know how much?in % i guess on hosue value?Its once a year so is it calender year?like first of januari?

The tax can be the part the owner has to pay on the income from the rent.

Better agree to a fixed amount and raise the rental price with that if necessary.

I only seen this when contracts are 3 years or longer. Because then it will have to be registered and the owner can not keep quiet about the rent he receives.

Taxes are for the owner only.

If i see this question together with your other one about deposit for electric meter i think you better look for something else.

The owner is trying to do tricky things. Will not end well later.

I have rented here for more than 10 years and if things like these are mentioned i walk away. Lots of choice available.

Edited by Khun Jean

See below. Owner should pay, but depends on your lease / rental agreement.

thai_coins.jpgFor individual property owners; if they lease out their property (land and house, condominium) building and land tax shall be collected at the rate of 12.5% of the yearly rental according to the lease agreement or the annual assessed value, whichever is higher. The annual assessed value means the amount of money which the property may reasonably be gained from the lease out of a property for each year if the property is offered for lease. If anyone leases a property at a rent lower than a reasonable rent, the lessor could be taxed on what the rent should have been.

thai_coins.jpgFor individual property owners; if they lease out their property (land and house, condominium) building and land tax shall be collected at the rate of 12.5% of the yearly rental according to the lease agreement or the annual assessed value, whichever is higher. The annual assessed value means the amount of money which the property may reasonably be gained from the lease out of a property for each year if the property is offered for lease. If anyone leases a property at a rent lower than a reasonable rent, the lessor could be taxed on what the rent should have been.

ok thanx,I have to look again but i was thinking of the buildingtax.This 12,5% is tax on income of the property rented out if I understand correct.Lets say you own your house then there is a yearly tax to pay for your property,I think?

ok thanx,I have to look again but i was thinking of the buildingtax.This 12,5% is tax on income of the property rented out if I understand correct.Lets say you own your house then there is a yearly tax to pay for your property,I think?

No.

No.

ok that was easy haha,ok thx well i like the house so i just have to put on the top of the house,still good

No.

ok that was easy haha,ok thx well i like the house so i just have to put on the top of the house,still good

sometimes there is a local "village tax" on a house....last year i saw a table set up and was told that is where you pay the tax...so i go there with my limited thai and their zero english and via hand signals etc they tell me i need to bring the house chanote paper..so i go home and get it..then they say i need to make two copies of the paper so off i go to get copies made and come back...when it was all done after an hour or so of assembling what they wanted my tax turned out to be 50 baht...that's right FIFTY BAHT...heck i would have given them 100 baht not to have to run around gathering copies etc....and of course i got a receipt in triplicate with all kinds of stamps on it....another one of those Only in Thailand stories..