From News :cabinet Approves Bt50 Million For Koh Tao Hospital

Rooo

Cabinet approves Bt50 million for Koh Tao hospital

The Nation

The Cabinet mobile meeting in Surat Thani has approved the Bt50 million to fund Koh Tao health promotion hospital to support the locals and tourists, Public Health Minier Wittaya Buranasiri said Monday.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/592751-thailand-live-monday-22-oct-2012/page__st__25

Wonder if Koh P's hospital is going to get an upgrade. There are only 2 doctors at what is essentially a pretty poor hospital.

Yes, KP has not got one of the better hospitals around.... my guess is they rely on the fast ambulance boat often seen sitting at Nathon Hospital in the case of emergencies. If I remember too, there is a heli - pad there too.

Samui Hospital has certainly gone through some major improvements in the last couple of years, some better equipment than you see in some "western hospitals".

A friend once had a heart attack on KP and was flown down to Had Yai. (and survived!)

Perhaps KP next on the list??? wink.png

Wonder if Koh P's hospital is going to get an upgrade. There are only 2 doctors at what is essentially a pretty poor hospital.

yes it seems like a tourist promotion. I wonder how much of the 50 mill shall actually go into the hospital. i agree Koh Phangyan has allot more space and more people locals and torusists people should not need to rely on boat taxis as the island is so big. So if one ws to have an accident in the mountain. they would need an ambulance to get them to the coast line then a bumpy speed boat to Koh Tao or Koh Samui. If taken to koh tao and the patient wanted to be moved then the victim would have to travel twice the distand to samui.

They build enoughtemplesin Thailand built on donated money maybe the same couldbe done with hospitals and they might be more benificial but that is just common sense i am sure that is frownd upon in some places

Edited by BigC

According to my wife (so, hearsay) on TV yesterday PM has promised 250 million Bht for Samui and surrounding islands (maybe includes the Koh Tao Hospital, I don't know) to greatly improve the Samui water supply and road infrastructure. Apparently a Donsak airport that was started about 8 - 10 years ago but the money disappeared (can't believe thatsmile.png ) so never completed, HAS to be finished because Yingluk believes K.Samui is very important for the future tourist industry in Thailand.unsure.png