Slowly, Surely, The Shinawatra Dynasty Tightens Its Grip

webfact

Slowly, surely, the Shinawatra dynasty tightens its grip

Well folks at the end of the day when all the chips are counted there is only one thing that really matters as far as our future is concerned. I am speaking about us foreigners that have chosen to settle in the LoS, not the back packers or tourists that come and go.. That is can we continue to live here without fear of life or limb or new rules which force us to consider another APAC abode until our toes turn up. A lot of us would like to do this including me.

The despots will continue to come and go as they always have. Nothing we can do about it. Some of us get our drawers in a knot when we see the PM and her/his cronies raping the country with immunity, me included but such is life in all third world countries. But one consolation we have is that sooner or later what goes around always comes around and these people always pay one way or another. We need to chill a bit, realize we are guests here and live life at its fullest while we have the chance.

We expats are along for the ride that's for sure. All things considered though I feel more optimistic about a future here than one back in the U.S.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks at the end of the day when all the chips are counted there is only one thing that really matters as far as our future is concerned. I am speaking about us foreigners that have chosen to settle in the LoS, not the back packers or tourists that come and go.. That is can we continue to live here without fear of life or limb or new rules which force us to consider another APAC abode until our toes turn up. A lot of us would like to do this including me.

The despots will continue to come and go as they always have. Nothing we can do about it. Some of us get our drawers in a knot when we see the PM and her/his cronies raping the country with immunity, me included but such is life in all third world countries. But one consolation we have is that sooner or later what goes around always comes around and these people always pay one way or another. We need to chill a bit, realize we are guests here and live life at its fullest while we have the chance.

We expats are along for the ride that's for sure. All things considered though I feel more optimistic about a future here than one back in the U.S.

Yep I agree.

sad.png I wouldn't be suprised to see an Assination coming one day.

For the future of this nation and for all the kids in Thailand let's pray for that.

<deleted>? What problem will that solve?

One major problem, getting rid of the scum that robbing this country.

Then you are talking about a genocidal purge, not an assassination.

• Like 1

----

Does it indeed? I don't believe a word of it. In fact, I believe they are so fearful of the inboard opposition they don't know who to trust anymore.

After all, Caesar trusted Anthony - like a man in Dubai trusts...... well....... not even himself - pathetic sod.

The dynasty is crumbling because he thought, as the puppet master, his sister was as dumb as thuck.

Now she's enjoying the global spotlight, and she won't give it up too easily!

So which dynasty is tightening its grip, according to the headline we are supposed to fall for, yet again???

-mel.

What a disgrace that these criminals are again to be allowed back into government. What a heinous crime these people committed, belonging to a government that was ousted in a military coup. Off with their heads I say.

There there, calm down.... it could be worse... you could have a Thai passport and have to live here....yep .... a DEMOCRATICALLY elected government was ousted in yet ANOTHER military coup. Movin' right along now ...

For the future of this nation and for all the kids in Thailand let's pray for that.

Ah, that would be an assignation you be talking about then,... a meeting or tryst between lovers ... could be interesting.giggle.gif

Democracy is wonderful, whatever form it takes, until it bocomes a virtual dictatorship. Get the small parties signed nulify the opposition, get the right people in the right places and we become omnipitent.

----

Does it indeed? I don't believe a word of it. In fact, I believe they are so fearful of the inboard opposition they don't know who to trust anymore.

After all, Caesar trusted Anthony - like a man in Dubai trusts...... well....... not even himself - pathetic sod.

The dynasty is crumbling because he thought, as the puppet master, his sister was as dumb as thuck.

Now she's enjoying the global spotlight, and she won't give it up too easily!

So which dynasty is tightening its grip, according to the headline we are supposed to fall for, yet again???

-mel.

The one bit I do believe is that Thaksin does not trust that he can ultimately control the possibility of an alternative power base except through family members.

Yes, it is true that there is status quo with Yingluck as the PM and Thaksin out of the country.

Only Thaksin and the reds do not want this.

They want the main prize. Thorough state power.

Thaksin cannot remove Yingluck without a very big stink indeed, so the more family members reporting to him the better.

One final important point. This is not about building a dynasty. It is purely about one man and his ambition to be No.1

Everybody else can be a bit player. And that includes family.

• Like 2

And slowly, surely the entire population are letting them.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

You mean like the emminetly honest and respectable Democrat party? The Dems with friends rigged themselves into power, it was then up to them to build support, the results of the last election would suggest that they didn't. If you are looking for good men in politics then you are in for a long a futile search.

We are just spectators of the virulent and corrupt, take up something less soul destroying like Satanism or jihad.

• Like 1

Things don't change, they remain the same.coffee1.gif

Yep, things haven't changed much since he began doing the same 8 to 9 years ago when Thaksin first started fast-tracking and promoting this same relative.

:coffee1:

I note the addition for the Shinawatra Dynasty with a new Shinawatra in the Army news with the promotion to command a battalion for Yingluck's and Thaksin's nephew, Lieutenant-Colonel Sarawut Shinawatra.

He has become the new Commander of the Seventh Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion that has oversight of the Don Muang area.

What a disgrace that these criminals are again to be allowed back into government. What a heinous crime these people committed, belonging to a government that was ousted in a military coup. Off with their heads I say.

You are correct - many members of the current government are criminals, robbing the country blind, falunting the law, and ensuring they have exit plans just in case the people finally wake up and see through the lies, scams and vote buying.

History, including recent times, is full of politcal family gangs taking contries over and bleeding them dry. Many of these families have paid the ultimate price when people finally wake up.

Well, when the opposition is the dems who probably couldn't win an election, if they were the only party standing, it is all too easy

In the event it did happen, what would you expect the country to do? Democrats getting back in power and the old staus quo returned? i.e corruption etc continues as it has done for decades. It is not the answer and will change nothing, other than one bad apple has gone. There are many more queuing up on either side to take their turn at the trough.

i cannot believe that someone who, would allegedly be of sound mind and intelligence, would actually pray for someone to be murdered.

Do you realise what you are saying?

Praying for murder. You sure you are not part of some wacky religious faith, quite well known around the world?

• Like 1

i cannot believe that someone who, would allegedly be of sound mind and intelligence, would actually pray for someone to be murdered.

Praying for murder. You sure you are not part of some wacky religious faith, quite well known around the world?

Yes, an eye for eye is barbaric. Ask anyone of the thousands of relatives of the victims of the anti-drug campaign who were just assassinated without any justice involved at all, many were not even drug dealers and even kids. I am pretty sure that their relatives pray every day for justice (revenge)

Do you classify people who wanted Hitler or Stalin assassinated "wacky" also?

• Like 1

Yes, an eye for eye is barbaric. Ask anyone of the thousands of relatives of the victims of the anti-drug campaign who were just assassinated without any justice involved at all, many were not even drug dealers and even kids. I am pretty sure that their relatives pray every day for justice (revenge)

You are comparing Thaksin to Hitler & Stalin?? really?

You are comparing Thaksin to Hitler & Stalin?? really?

Of course the comparison is invalid. OTOH both Hitler and Stalin are thankfully dead, while Thaksin is not (yet).

That being the case, the total damage that Thaksin will inflict on Thailand and its people in his search for revenge, remuneration and reinstatement is not yet known, though quite substantial on current tally. Termination of the man, his malice, greed and ambition would draw a line before the total becomes sufficient for the comparison to be (more) valid.

Before advocating such a move, one would have to consider would Thaksin's continued existence benefit or otherwise affect the Thai people, and allows for the assumption that his current inclinations persist.

• Like 1

One wonders how 250 PT MPs all manage to stay in line and put up with this fast-tracking nepotism and overwhelming energy aimed at one family's personal freedoms, wealth and power. All credit to Thaksin for keeping it together, pity it's at the expense of our country. What would happen to the dynasty then if, speculatively, the head was taken out?

Your country ??????

Didn't know you were Thai!

• Like 1

i didnt say that you were wacky. i was trying to see if your comments were part of a wacky religion. i dont think,i need to spell it out more.

That was a world at war, hardly the same comparison, and one guy started it, and one guy just couldnt stop killing his own people. The problem here is that people try to embellish so they try to put Thaksin in the same league as the former 2. May as well throw in Ghengis Khan and Atilla the Hun in for good measure.

If he was so evil, then I would suggest he would have been removed in a different manner than what occurred.

A tale of two dynasties would be more accurate.

One on the wain, the other on the rise.

And thus it was prophesized generations ago.

Kipling may have written entertainingly about it, but it is the Chinese who are the masters of this game, e.g. Khun Sa..

• Like 1

You are correct - many members of the current government are criminals, robbing the country blind, falunting the law, and ensuring they have exit plans just in case the people finally wake up and see through the lies, scams and vote buying.

History, including recent times, is full of politcal family gangs taking contries over and bleeding them dry. Many of these families have paid the ultimate price when people finally wake up.

So we are talking about which nation-state? I mean you are describing Thailand, Russia, Mexico. most of South America, most of Africa, the entire financial sector of the US, and countless other locations spread across the planet where a criminal element has become ensconced within the political sector. In fact you can make a good map of criminal states simply by cross referencing to the country's adherence to "free market" capitalism.