New Passport

You can not use passport for travel until this is done so would advise doing now as suspect your Embassy may have advised you. Only if here on a visa or visa exempt entry would there be no need for immediate action (as that is done at exit point). With extension you must do this as the office extending your stay so could present a serious issue in an emergency.

I did this at Immigration Chaeng Wattana earlier this month. The staff at the information desk will give you a form to complete and they will also advise of the document copies that are required. One unexpected document that they requested was a letter from my embassy confirming that they had issued me the new passport. I didn't have such letter but I had retained the receipt from my embassy for payment of my new passport. The immigration officer accepted this. You will need copies of your original Non O visa, extension approval, re-entry permit, TM6, Passport ID page etc. There are no fees.I had to wait in the Non O Extension queue at Chaeng Wattana fro more than 5 hours in order to get this done. (I was there on a Friday).

Edited by mark5335

Did it in Nakhon Sawan on Monday. In and out in 40 minutes. Transferred stamps to new passport, got new 1 year retirement extension, 90 day report and even got a new departure card as the old one was on it's last legs after 10 years. They have done a whopping 1431 Non-O extensions so far this year (my number in the book), almost twice what they did all of last year. Another reason why it is nice not to live in the "big city".

I renewed my US passport last month. Took the old & new passports into Pattaya Immigration. They transferred the appropriate vias into the new one & returned both passports to me. No charge. Took one day...No problem.

Actually visas can never be transferred into new passports so suspect you had an extension of stay from that immigration office and data of previous passport/visa entry/extension was what was transferred into the new passport?

Binnsy, did this today at Kap Choeng.

As stated before, better to do now in case of any dramas.

Easy process @ KC immigration.

Take photocopy of.... OLD passport Info page / NEW passport info page / Last extension stamp / Original Visa stamp / last Entry stamp / Entry card.

Fee 500 bht whistling.gif

Fee 500 bht whistling.gif

I bet you have a nice receipt for that.

Process is free of charge.

You and I know what the cost is Mario.

No real complaints as he did "earn" his extras.

Decided on the spot to get a re-entry permit. No copies of anything with me. He did all the filling in and photocopying for me.

He was also very nice to my daughter .... putting each stamp used in my passport on her arm and hand thumbsup.gif

And the poor bugger was an hour late for work as his car broke downwhistling.gif