Advice For Condo Rental

pmf113b

Just arrived in Chiang Mai and need a condo to rent for me and my husband for the next 5 months.

Usually we don't have any problems with finding anything but having spent most of today looking there seems to be very few rooms available for our budget of up to 15,000 bahts per month.

Could anyone offer any advise as to where is the best places that owners advertise their condos or any agents that are worth contacting.

maybe you can try this agent?

http://www.rentinchiangmai.com

http://www.rentinchiangmai.com/rent-in-chiang-mai/rent-a-condo-in-chiang-mai.html

Some available for 6 month period........

http://www.rentinchiangmai.com/rent-in-chiang-mai/apartments/convention-condo.html?fb_action_ids=10151230112850839&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

If the education facility allows yes a one year extension should be available but he needs the 90 day ED visa entry to start the ball rolling so changing that entry is first priority now. In Bangkok there is actually a special desk that takes care of such errors if he would rather visit Chiang Watanna.

I stayed at Karnkanok 3 in the Jed Yod area for 2 years before moving to the moo baan. Go over there and talk to the onsite manager. Nice building and location. This is the best way to find condos. Leg work!

There are plenty too choose from.

You didn't specify what size of an apartment that you need, nor the area you prefer to reside in.

If you are looking for condos, the rule of thumb is that they don't like to rent out the units for less than six months, Naturally if you took a longer lease, say a year, the price would be substantially cheaper.

If you are looking at serviced apartments try going to the Dome Residence off of Huay Kaew Road near Kad Saun Kaew--the rooms are smallish, but I think that they are in your budget and can be rented month to month.

If the education facility allows yes a one year extension should be available but he needs the 90 day ED visa entry to start the ball rolling so changing that entry is first priority now. In Bangkok there is actually a special desk that takes care of such errors if he would rather visit Chiang Watanna.

I stayed at Karnkanok 3 in the Jed Yod area for 2 years before moving to the moo baan. Go over there and talk to the onsite manager. Nice building and location. This is the best way to find condos. Leg work!

There are plenty too choose from.

Been there and yes very nice area although a little way out.

We spent all day yesterday looking at condo's and will be out again today.

We also thought there was lots of choice but it seems the decent ones get snapped up pretty quickly. The agents websites are not updated regularly and so you look on there and choose from their list and when you get in touch none are available.

You didn't specify what size of an apartment that you need, nor the area you prefer to reside in.

If you are looking for condos, the rule of thumb is that they don't like to rent out the units for less than six months, Naturally if you took a longer lease, say a year, the price would be substantially cheaper.

If you are looking at serviced apartments try going to the Dome Residence off of Huay Kaew Road near Kad Saun Kaew--the rooms are smallish, but I think that they are in your budget and can be rented month to month.

Well we would prefer around 50 to 55sq metres but it seems quite difficult so maybe we will have to look at a studio.

We prefer the Huay Kaew, Nimman areas. Hillside 4 is a brilliant location but some of the studios are very dated, would love to look at some that have been modernized. Went to Unique just off Nimman yesterday and they are fabulous but a bit pricey. Would love to stay there .though

If anyone as or knows of anything at Hillside 4 or Unique I would really appreciate contact info.

I have a condo that will soon be up for rent in Chomdoi, but I need to go and clean it!!! Minimum rent 1 year though as I don't have much time for overhaul and changing tenants , gets to be bit of a hassle.

Its 47m2 (studio).

I think I might regret writing this, as I might have to go and look for the mop! sad.png

Well we would prefer around 50 to 55sq metres but it seems quite difficult so maybe we will have to look at a studio.

We prefer the Huay Kaew, Nimman areas. Hillside 4 is a brilliant location but some of the studios are very dated, would love to look at some that have been modernized. Went to Unique just off Nimman yesterday and they are fabulous but a bit pricey. Would love to stay there .though

If anyone as or knows of anything at Hillside 4 or Unique I would really appreciate contact info.

There is a bulletin board in the parking garage of Hillside 4, next to the first set of elevators where condo owners post their condos for rent. Sometimes you can find a condo for rent that the owner has refurbished.

When i first come to Chiang Mai I was looking at inner city properties. After searching for a month or 2, I realised that out of the city square (moat) I could have a very nice 2 room condo for less than any decent place in "town". 10 to 15 minutes out of town, decent internet, peaceful surroundings and a whole heap more room.

In regards to rental contacts. Expect an premium for less than 12 months. Many Condos down Canal Road will do contracts of 3 months. 15K 60-70 Sqm fully furnished.

If you are willing to live in an "Thai building" then 7000 bht, partly furnished in the same area. 3 Month contract.

PM me for details.