Where To Buy Tinned Rice Pudding

nattydread

Quite easy to make, have you tried??

Recipe for idiots!! Even I can and do make this!!

Milk + Rice + Sugar( Brown best) + Cinnamon Powder(if you like it)

Place in oven for about 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Voila!! You have Rice Pudding!!

Its that simple!!

I use eggs too, like a custard full of rice. Just stir it all together and bake. Should be lots of recipes on the net. Easy.

It's pauper food. All over the world I've found that local pauper food is best. It's made from what people can grow, forage, fish for etc. locally. Mexican restaurants and Thai restaurants sell pauper food. So do Chinese. Paupers all over the world are smarter than rich people when it comes to food. :)

Did anyone mention bread pudding, LOL?

My Mum used to make rice pudding. She made me eat the skin! bah.gif

I really empathise with you as I had the same experience. However, I had a sister who loved the skin and she usually got me out of trouble. To this day I don't like skin on anything made with milk.

Quite easy to make, have you tried??

Recipe for idiots!! Even I can and do make this!!

Milk + Rice + Sugar( Brown best) + Cinnamon Powder(if you like it)

Place in oven for about 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Voila!! You have Rice Pudding!!

Its that simple!!

When I fancy Rice Pudding thesedays I dont bother with the oven.....yes... I dont get the 'Skin" from the top.but, I use Coconut Milk and not water or cows milk. This gives a lovely creamy taste and can add sultana's and cinnamon,then cook for 15 mins or so in a saucepan on the hob.

live in a small condo so dont have an oven....My mum useed to make it too with the skin on the top which was the best bit, just had a craving for it yesterday but nobody has come up with a place to buy it....maybe one of the restaurants can make it up and put it on the menu as it seems theres a few still craving the taste lol

I use eggs too, like a custard full of rice. Just stir it all together and bake. Should be lots of recipes on the net. Easy.

It's pauper food. All over the world I've found that local pauper food is best. It's made from what people can grow, forage, fish for etc. locally. Mexican restaurants and Thai restaurants sell pauper food. So do Chinese. Paupers all over the world are smarter than rich people when it comes to food. smile.png

Did anyone mention bread pudding, LOL?

TomoPhysicist would certainly consider it a farang luxury food (and probably unhhealthy to boot!).

I agree with those posters who say: make your own (or get a friend to make a batch and shrare). It's easy.

live in a small condo so dont have an oven....My mum useed to make it too with the skin on the top which was the best bit, just had a craving for it yesterday but nobody has come up with a place to buy it....maybe one of the restaurants can make it up and put it on the menu as it seems theres a few still craving the taste lol

I'm quite sure I saw it at Butter is Better in Rimping Meechok. Right next to the chocolate pudding. They probably have it all the locations.

I'm quite sure I saw it at Butter is Better in Rimping Meechok. Right next to the chocolate pudding. They probably have it all the locations.

teerac went to Butter is better next to the Rimping at Airport Plaza and picked up a small pot of home made rice pudding.....only downside was the pot was tiny and the price was 40 baht

Yeah as some have insinuated sort of like the Eskimos importing ice. Many dishes are not difficult if you have the time and your life isn't perched on a bar stool. By the way that is not a dig at the OP but we all know there are doers and there are sitters.

Rice pudding should be made with short grain rice is it available here? I can't remember seeing it.

It might work quite well with hill rice which has shorter, fatter grains; but the colour might be a bit "strange".

Black rice makes awesome rice pudding but not quite like the European version!

There are lots of countertop convection ovens made. Some are dual with microwave oven too.

I have a convection oven in my standard kitchen range. It cuts about 1/3 of the time off baking. Had to get used to that. For any who don't know, a convection oven in layman's terms is a regular oven with fans to keep the air moving. Just as an ice cube will melt faster under running water than it will in a glass full of the same water, an item baked in moving air will bake faster. There is no chance for a "cushion" of cooler air to form around the baking item. It doesn't burn because it doesn't get hotter. It actually bakes more evenly because of the moving air.

I see the counter top versions advertised in the US for anywhere from about 4,000 to 15,000 baht, but I have a friend with the 4,000 b ($120) version that does a great job. It doesn't have the microwave function. It's a KitchenAid.

I don't know what could be found in LOS. I plan to have one.

Link to some of them for examples.

Edited by NeverSure