Netbook Pc Does Not Detect Sim Card In Truemove Usb Aircard

fvw53

I have a mystery with my Asus Eee PC Netbook 1000 HG : it cannot detect the sim card in a Truemove USB aircard.

a) there is nothing wrong with the sim card : indeed when I install the aircard on two of my desktop PC's the sim card is directly detected and the 3G connection works but I do not need this aircard here because both desktop PC's are connected through fixed lines to the internet.

B) first I went to Truemove Service Center in Future Park Rangsit : they could not find out why my Asus Netbook could not detect the sim card...even when they put their own sim card in the aircard and then plugged it in my Netbook it could also not be detected.

So they referred me to Asus Service

c) I went to ASUS Service shop on the 4th floor in Zeer near Rangsit : they could not find the reason why the Asus Netbook could not detect the sim card.

They wanted to refer me back to True...

At home I thought that may-be my Win XP operating system was corrupted and I did a fresh install several times ...without the result that my sim card was detected afterwards (the installation of the aircard worked without problems each time).

What I find strange is that I have my Win XP (obviously) since several years but that - even after formatting the Asus hard disk - a fresh install indicates as missing (non Windows) driver ...the one required for Huawei Mobile (the manufacturer of the True Aircard) : it looks as if there are traces of this aircard somewhere else then on the hard disk.

Any advise will be most welcome

Sim card or Air card not to be deleted?

Looks, from my monitor, like a Win 7 driver on a Win XP Netbook

Did you have the win XP drivers for your "Truemove" USB aircard?

In case, you don't, uninstalling the driver, getting the XP Version, and installing again is a good option.

Edited by noob7

The Truemove aircard (manufactured by Huwei) installs itself - including the drivers - after being put into the USB port of the Netbook PC as well as the two Desktop PC's (all working on Win XP)

I have professional uninstall software from Iobit which allows an in depth clean up of all remnants of the uninstalled software.

To prove your guess i.e. it could be that the aircard has a driver for Win 7 which cannot be deleted (after uninstallation and formatting ) from the Netbook hard drive, I would have to try and format also one of the two desktop PC's on which the aircard was also installed...but that would take me many hours...

By the way installation and un-installation of the Truemove aircard from the desktop PC is not a problem.

The Truemove aircard (manufactured by Huwei) installs itself - including the drivers - after being put into the USB port of the Netbook PC as well as the two Desktop PC's (all working on Win XP)

I have professional uninstall software from Iobit which allows an in depth clean up of all remnants of the uninstalled software.

To prove your guess i.e. it could be that the aircard has a driver for Win 7 which cannot be deleted (after uninstallation and formatting ) from the Netbook hard drive, I would have to try and format also one of the two desktop PC's on which the aircard was also installed...but that would take me many hours...

By the way installation and un-installation of the Truemove aircard from the desktop PC is not a problem.

Check with Huawei, if the driver would be ok. It's a while ago, they made them for XP.

Maybe the 'on board' driver is vista/win7 only.

But I think, they'll have a 'all together' driver.

I remember, at a friends Notebook, the 'original' drivers from True are uninstallable!

It's on DSL, now, the windows 'not plugged in' popped every time, she starts the Note.

But she doesn't worry about the click, that's why I haven't tried to find a solution, without installing a new windows.

Maybe you have a old driver, blocking the new one?

The standard of English here has my head spinning. smile.png

I think that your problem is linked to the fact that this Netbook may already have an inbuilt 3G card.

Have a look under the battery to see if there is a SIM slot. If there is, that is why it is being reported that no SIM is detected. You need to insert it there.

If you have formatted the disc and no longer have the inbuilt modem software, this might be it. It's for the model with the Huawei E770 onboard.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

yes indeed the Netbook Asus Eee 1000HG has under the battery a slot to receive a sim card : I do not use any more this slot since I had once big problems to remove the sim card during a time I needed badly to change it for the sim card of another country.

But the question remains why after formatting the HD and fresh installation of Win XP the Device Manager indicates that a Huawei driver is missing...I have this Netbook since 5 years and I used only last year a Huawei USB aircard with a 3G sim card bought directly from CAT...

Anyway I have plugged in again the Huawei aircard from which drivers installed themselves automatically and I guess I have to live with that.

yes indeed the Netbook Asus Eee 1000HG has under the battery a slot to receive a sim card : I do not use any more this slot since I had once big problems to remove the sim card during a time I needed badly to change it for the sim card of another country.

But the question remains why after formatting the HD and fresh installation of Win XP the Device Manager indicates that a Huawei driver is missing...I have this Netbook since 5 years and I used only last year a Huawei USB aircard with a 3G sim card bought directly from CAT...

Anyway I have plugged in again the Huawei aircard from which drivers installed themselves automatically and I guess I have to live with that.

Quite frankly if you knew that you had a 3G module built into the Netbook, it was remiss of you not to mention it. Effectively wasting the time of people who attempted to help, as of course they had no idea.

If you don't wish to use the onboard device, disable it via the Device Manager.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

I wish to apologize to Jiu-Jitsu if he feels I am wasting his time ...I am not a beginner but if I would be skilled enough then I would not need to consult other members.

The issues which Network Connections can create have baffled me many times in the past and that is why initially I went to consult - without result - the service shops of Asus as well as Truemove to find out why - after installation - my aircard (made by Huawei) was not detected by the ASUS netbook (while it is detected easily on my two deskop PC's)

I also want to remind that I have the ASUS Netbook since 5 or 6 years and that I have done several re-installation without the Device Manager asking to install any Huawei driver. Everything started when during the big flood of last year my fixed tel lines were destroyed so that I needed to go and buy an Aircard and 3G sim card to keep through the Asus Netbook (which has of course a battery) contact with the internet.

But Jiu-Jitsu may have a point that the presence of a slot for a sim card under the Asus battery should have been mentioned because I start to wonder what will happen if I insert the Truemove sim card in the slot under the battery.

It could be there is a conflict between the hardware on board of the Asus Netbook (running the sim card slot under the battery) and an aircard inserted through a USB port.

This I am going to try to-morrow with the hope I will not have the old problem of recovering my sim card from the slot under the battery.

Thanks to all of you.

I wish to apologize to Jiu-Jitsu if he feels I am wasting his time ...I am not a beginner but if I would be skilled enough then I would not need to consult other members.

The issues which Network Connections can create have baffled me many times in the past and that is why initially I went to consult - without result - the service shops of Asus as well as Truemove to find out why - after installation - my aircard (made by Huawei) was not detected by the ASUS netbook (while it is detected easily on my two deskop PC's)

I also want to remind that I have the ASUS Netbook since 5 or 6 years and that I have done several re-installation without the Device Manager asking to install any Huawei driver. Everything started when during the big flood of last year my fixed tel lines were destroyed so that I needed to go and buy an Aircard and 3G sim card to keep through the Asus Netbook (which has of course a battery) contact with the internet.

But Jiu-Jitsu may have a point that the presence of a slot for a sim card under the Asus battery should have been mentioned because I start to wonder what will happen if I insert the Truemove sim card in the slot under the battery.

It could be there is a conflict between the hardware on board of the Asus Netbook (running the sim card slot under the battery) and an aircard inserted through a USB port.

This I am going to try to-morrow with the hope I will not have the old problem of recovering my sim card from the slot under the battery.

Thanks to all of you.

You have misunderstood. You did not waste my time, as I realised that model has built 3G and would conflict in certain circumstances.

My point is that you knew about the SIM card slot, but didn't think to mention it.

Anyway...byegones.

It won't ask you to install the Huawei Driver if you are not try to use the built-in card. But once you install certain Huawei software, it partly activates the inbuilt card. Partly, because it isn't the correct software for the inbuilt card.

So, simply disable the inbuilt card via Device Manager, like this: Disable+Sound+Through+Device+Manager+-+C.PNG or uninstall the USB modem software and install the software that I have supplied for you and use the inbuilt modem.

Before you go ahead, confirm the FULL model number of your particular Netbook, so I can ascertain the relevant details as to the modem card.

Is the build in 3G model disabled?

Is it Huawei hardware, maybe?

The/which driver un/installed?

Have you read any of the previous posts.... other than your own?

I did, did you?

Yes, but yours are giving me a headache. :) Especially when you are just repeating matters that have already been covered in posts #5, 7 & 8.

Yes, but yours are giving me a headache. smile.png Especially when you are just repeating matters that have already been covered in posts #5, 7 & 8.

Sorry about your headache!

1. But pointing, that disabling the build in 3G hardware could be helpful (as you did later in #12), can't be the reason for your headache!coffee1.gif

2. He's using (trying to use) a Huawei 'stick', but didn't tell, that the missing driver is for the build in 3G. Because he didn't confirm, that the build in is a Huawei. Maybe he refers to the stick, with 'driver missing', we do not know that. Why do i think, you wanna check the full spec, by asking for the full model number? Na, no reason for headache here, don't you think?giggle.gif

3. And the question, if he has uninstalled any 3G drivers, and is aware, if only the needed (disabled the build in 3G, uninstalled the driver, plugged in True Stick, used True stick driver) driver is available, all in short questions, shouldn't give a headache to you, right?thumbsup.gif

Also, at the time of my post, I can't find my questions covered by the mentioned posts. I think, they are the result, not only from post 5,7 & 8, but...!

As you said, many details missing. But with some pushes in basic direction, many users are be able to find some help, themselves.

oops, 2 times 3G at the same note, mmmh, will that work?

mmmh, same hardware/driver company, mmmhhh. My new windows, right driver for which device?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Installing a new windows is setting everything back to win drivers. If it isn't the windows, the Eee Pc came with, we know nothing about the driver status, at all!

btw: OP ignored my last posts, anyway, and is following your lead. No problem with that, from my side.

But the last point, to see, there is no reason for your headache. Not caused by my post.whistling.gif , I think.

Edited by noob7

Yes, but yours are giving me a headache. smile.png Especially when you are just repeating matters that have already been covered in posts #5, 7 & 8.

Sorry about your headache!

1. But pointing, that disabling the build in 3G hardware could be helpful (as you did later in #12), can't be the reason for your headache!coffee1.gif

2. He's using (trying to use) a Huawei 'stick', but didn't tell, that the missing driver is for the build in 3G. Because he didn't confirm, that the build in is a Huawei. Maybe he refers to the stick, with 'driver missing', we do not know that. Why do i think, you wanna check the full spec, by asking for the full model number? Na, no reason for headache here, don't you think?giggle.gif

3. And the question, if he has uninstalled any 3G drivers, and is aware, if only the needed (disabled the build in 3G, uninstalled the driver, plugged in True Stick, used True stick driver) driver is available, all in short questions, shouldn't give a headache to you, right?thumbsup.gif

Also, at the time of my post, I can't find my questions covered by the mentioned posts. I think, they are the result, not only from post 5,7 & 8, but...!

As you said, many details missing. But with some pushes in basic direction, many users are be able to find some help, themselves.

oops, 2 times 3G at the same note, mmmh, will that work?

mmmh, same hardware/driver company, mmmhhh. My new windows, right driver for which device?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Installing a new windows is setting everything back to win drivers. If it isn't the windows, the Eee Pc came with, we know nothing about the driver status, at all!

btw: OP ignored my last posts, anyway, and is following your lead. No problem with that, from my side.

But the last point, to see, there is no reason for your headache. Not caused by my post.whistling.gif , I think.

You are clearly missing a part of your brain.

First point; I suggested the disabling in post #8.

Second point; I had already mentioned that there was a built in Huawei card in post #5. I already understood that the 'missing Driver' was for the built in modem, as he already mentioned that the USB modem Drivers had installed correctly. So I supplied a direct link to the software for the built-in modem in post #5. Did you miss that too??

I asked for the FULL MODEL NUMBER, in order to be sure that the inbuilt modem is the Huawei E770, as I surmised earlier....in post #5. The reasoning behind this is that there may have been region variations, as the UMTS frequencies may vary throughout the different regions. So whilst I knew it was a Huawei modem, the model of Huawei card could have been different. Leading to different to the Huawei E770 Drivers needing to be installed.

Are you getting it now?

In other words, in my very first post(post #5) I suggested that he use the inbuilt modem instead, by installing the correct modem software(for the Huawei E770). The OP in reply, wrote that he had some trouble with retrieving a SIM from the built-in SIM slot. So that lead to my post #8.

In post #7 the OP again states that he installed the USB modem(he mentions previously that it installs correctly), but was still experiencing a missing Huawei Driver.

In my second post(post #8), I suggested that if he did not want to use the inbuilt modem, he could disable it and just use the USB modem without further ado.

Three hours later(and twelve hours after my first post), you pipe up as if it were all your idea in the first place. biggrin.png

I hope that you are joking. Because if you seriously think it was all your idea or you posted about it first, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Your best guess was some nonsense about it being a Windows 7 Driver.....remember?

Now, please refrain from causing me a headache. wai.gif

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

JJ Good to see you back on top form !!

Apologies from myself for not coming back to you previously reference that Acer issue. The lad sold it in school for £80 believe it or not !! 4.5 years old and only cost about £135 originally in Tukcom because of the forex rate at the time !

If have tried first to get professional help from Truemove shop and from Asus shop : both they could not understand the problem....so I do not feel bad that I also did not see clear.

I think ASUS Service should have understood the problem because they had my Netbook PC in their hands... but this is the past now.

However in this country there is always the hurdle of the language and that's why I tried to get help in fluent English from experienced Thaivisa members.... but if it has to come to the actual irritated English language...then I still prefer poor Thai English and now to close this subject.

Apologies from myself for not coming back to you previously reference that Acer issue. The lad sold it in school for £80 believe it or not !! 4.5 years old and only cost about £135 originally in Tukcom because of the forex rate at the time !

Always on top form. ;) 'Cos I know what I'm orn abawt..

Those ZG5s hold their value. £70 is not unusual for one in good condition. If the buyer needs the ACER XP disc, you can pass it on. If I sent it to you. Can't remember.

If have tried first to get professional help from Truemove shop and from Asus shop : both they could not understand the problem....so I do not feel bad that I also did not see clear.

I think ASUS Service should have understood the problem because they had my Netbook PC in their hands... but this is the past now.

However in this country there is always the hurdle of the language and that's why I tried to get help in fluent English from experienced Thaivisa members.... but if it has to come to the actual irritated English language...then I still prefer poor Thai English and now to close this subject.

Excuse me? Was that your way to say thank you??

Notwithstanding, perhaps it would be better to confirm whether the solution worked, as there may be others searching about this problem at some point. So some feedback would be more helpful than a strange speech about English.

Don't be concerned. It's not unusual for us English to be cheeky with acquaintances.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Always on top form. wink.png 'Cos I know what I'm orn abawt..

Those ZG5s hold their value. £70 is not unusual for one in good condition. If the buyer needs the ACER XP disc, you can pass it on. If I sent it to you. Can't remember.

No you didn't send anything to me but nonetheless top knowledge I will be the first to admit...............(ouch that hurt laugh.png )

It seems you and me have got off on the wrong foot all these years..........I've just bought another Island for its seclusion somewhere in the Maldives. $86,000,000 so only petty change. Lets go discuss tactics...........crazy.gif