Warning - Fans Can Explode

BigJohnnyBKK

A couple of cable ties securing the front and back modules together should offer extra piece (peace )of mind

Am never sure which piece is the correct peace in this saying ...maybe somebody will enlighten me

You're just taking the piss, I suspect. smile.png

You really think so? Oh the subtleties of commonwealth humour, if so then he suckered me right in didn't he?

My Hatari fan, about 2 years old, is making a noise now as it turns side-to-side. It shouldn't be doing that and it's annoying. What next? No more Hataris for me.

This one is easily fixed....spray WD40 on the plastic cog that make it oscillate....had the same problem. If the wd40 doesnt work, someone has forced the fan too far to one side....open the fan and check. Put the position in the correct place, and grease or oil til it beds in again....besides they arent expensive, so buy a new one if concerned...

Same thing happened to me, also while I was teaching at home. Thought the rotten spoilt brat had poked a pencil in it first but no. Now I understand.

Funniest? story I have heard here about fans was when a mate was in Cambodia and he noticed some guys catching fish at the edge of a lake. On closer inspection he discovered they were throwing scraps in the water to attract them and then throwing an electric fan (live) into the water to electricute them. After a few moments they would unplug the fan and retrieve the fish before starting again. They must've had fencing wire in the fuse box to handle that!

Edited by ThaiFelix

My Hatari fan, about 2 years old, is making a noise now as it turns side-to-side. It shouldn't be doing that and it's annoying. What next? No more Hataris for me.

This one is easily fixed....spray WD40 on the plastic cog that make it oscillate....had the same problem. If the wd40 doesnt work, someone has forced the fan too far to one side....open the fan and check. Put the position in the correct place, and grease or oil til it beds in again....besides they arent expensive, so buy a new one if concerned...

Hey--thanks! I'll certainly try that. I got some WD40 here.

Nah not taking the piss

I just didn't know .....I'm sure there are a few things you don't know !

I could have googled it but why bother and it only came to my attention while I was typing I just didn't know

Now I do so we should all be happy

Steve

Well, count on Big John to rescue.