Does Mcdonalds Have The Most Well Trained Thai Employees In Thailand?

Baloney pony

Even if you didn't touch it? Really?

Really. Many times.

First time was in my first month here and it was a street cart vendor, back in those days I was still operating from a "it's the principle" POV (what an idiot I was!), and ended up being threatened by the cop she called over, he completely agreed with her that although she had made the mistake I still needed to pay for it.

Since then at least a half-dozen times, all levels of restaurants the same story, waiter had told me there was no definitely no alcohol in the chocolate mousse, had told them no salt in my fruit shake, hairs in an omelette and so on.

Even at big pricey department stores, appliances that don't do what they're designed to do ("but it's not broken"), a book with a print run mistake missing 64 pages, etc.

And not even apologetic, just pointing to the policy and a shrug.

On the other hand I have luggage from Orvis with a lifetime guarantee, anything goes wrong with it anytime for the rest of your life we fix it for free, have had the same bag repaired four times in the past thirty years, last time they replaced it with a newer model for free, worth over $700 retail, because they'd stopped stocking the part.

Exchanged a sweater Christmas gift at Barney's without a receipt on year, only found out later on it hadn't even been purchased there, the clerk probably knew that and it didn't matter because he'd been trained that a happy customer was worth more than a short-term loss and had the authority to break company policy to make a customer happy.

Smart business, but only in a market where companies realize their reputation is important, and people generally have basic integrity.

I take your posting apart...please don't feel insulted...I just try to be honest:

First time was in my first month here and it was a street cart vendor, back in those days I was still operating from a "it's the principle" POV (what an idiot I was!), and ended up being threatened by the cop she called over, he completely agreed with her that although she had made the mistake I still needed to pay for it.

I would never buy from a street cart vendor. There are about a zillion reports from people who got some problems after because of the hygienic situation. Sure many are clean, but you know that you went to one of the other when it is too late. And I almost died once from some bug in the food. Lesson learned.

Since then at least a half-dozen times, all levels of restaurants the same story, waiter had told me there was no definitely no alcohol in the chocolate mousse, had told them no salt in my fruit shake, hairs in an omelette and so on.

While I just bang my head on the wall remembering similar things happening to me, I understand what happens: No Alc...yes they didn't put any alcohol in it, as such things are bought read to serve. yes the fruit shake....reminds me at "don't put MSG" in it....same story. Both my wife and I have small problems with it. I think small amounts no problems, but big knocks us deadly tired. Very nice on a brake driving the car to the south.

Omlette....cheesy.gif .... did you order "without hairs"? I think you just go to dirty places. Restaurant without some "hat" for the kitchen staff is an absolute "no go" for my wife. (I am not so sensitive, I have a Masterdegree in Food Technology, I happily eat the hair of the cook...I have seen lot worse thinks in mass production....)

Even at big pricey department stores, appliances that don't do what they're designed to do ("but it's not broken"), a book with a print run mistake missing 64 pages, etc.

I had only problems with computers and everyone beside one shop (I can PM if interested) honored my claims without problems. I had even excellent experiences, like bringing an old motherboard to repair. The guy figured out that it had some long term warranty (3 years) run off with it, came back pulled me into some dark dirty place with a zillion boards, than explained me that my board is not exchangeable but they give a more modern one for free, just need to check what is compatible with my things. The repair guy tell he don't want money because he did nothing beside bring it to the service center 20 meter away. No question to tip him 200 Baht.

Or Acer called me that they can't repair my monitor, only can give me the new model instead for free.

But yes I also heard horror stories from department stores.

And not even apologetic, just pointing to the policy and a shrug.

I think that is an increasing problem, not only in Thailand but worldwide. Having policies replacing common sense. Policies replacing common sense. Policy doesn't matter there are laws that must be followed. But who what to go to court with an lawyer for 10000 Baht.....I always try to search internet and avoid bad companies for more expensive items and for cheaper things I learned very hard to ignore it. It is neither worth to get a stomach problem out of anger nor wasting hours recovering a 3000 Baht item but maybe loosing a business opportunity. I didn't learn that easily, but I learned it. Now I can say put the junk in the trash and just forget it.....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never buy from a street cart vendor.

I believe it's important to keep our immune systems healthy by progressive exposure to common pathogens, people from the developed world grow up in much too sterile surroundings, IMO the cause of many systemic modern epidemics.

But I don't buy much pre-prepared food anymore anyway, can't afford it at the moment, our whole household (7-9 ATM) live on about B180 per day all up.

I believe it's important to keep our immune systems healthy by progressive exposure to common pathogens, people from the ...

I am currently trialling this within this Forum.

Thus far mixed results.

Shall keep you posted ... tiddly pop

• Like 1

I believe it's important to keep our immune systems healthy by progressive exposure to common pathogens, people from the developed world grow up in much too sterile surroundings, IMO the cause of many systemic modern epidemics.

But I don't buy much pre-prepared food anymore anyway, can't afford it at the moment, our whole household (7-9 ATM) live on about B180 per day all up.

Cutting edge medical science eh? Have you told the Thai medical community about your ideas? Could you give us an example of how to increase our exposure to common pathogens and what they are?

Cutting edge medical science eh? Have you told the Thai medical community about your ideas? Could you give us an example of how to increase our exposure to common pathogens and what they are?

Just giving my opinion, but here you go

link link

I think it is a great idea. I just asked about a list of pathogens and the order we should start to eat them?

I think it is a great idea. I just asked about a list of pathogens and the order we should start to eat them?

Here's one I think you should start with

Unless you are suggesting we eat tapeworms I guess you don't want to tell me what the pathogens are and the order we should start to eat them eh?

You did write, "I believe it's important to keep our immune systems healthy by progressive exposure to common pathogens. So what the pathogens are and the order we should start to eat them eh?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Unless you are suggesting we eat tapeworms I guess you don't want to tell me what the pathogens are and the order we should start to eat them eh?

You did write, "I believe it's important to keep our immune systems healthy by progressive exposure to common pathogens. So what the pathogens are and the order we should start to eat them eh?

I wasn't suggesting taking such a systematic approach as to selecting specific ones.

Just eat Thai street food regularly, leave food out of the fridge overnight and eat it the next day, french kiss a large number of total strangers as often as possible, stuff like that.

Here's another interesting related topic: link and the second part of this, not sure if it's the same as Act 3 of this

I wasn't suggesting taking such a systematic approach as to selecting specific ones.

Just eat Thai street food regularly, leave food out of the fridge overnight and eat it the next day, french kiss a large number of total strangers as often as possible, stuff like that.

Here's another interesting related topic: link and the second part of this, not sure if it's the same as Act 3 of this

Well I think it's a good idea. If it catches on maybe hospitals could use it too. Would save money on all those autoclaves.

yes I also believe that a bit dirt keeps the immune systems healthy. But a heavy salmonella infection is not what I need. Or the idiots who spray the meat direct with insect spray, or buy the chicken that died which are meant for crocodiles.

yes I also believe that a bit dirt keeps the immune systems healthy. But a heavy salmonella infection is not what I need. Or the idiots who spray the meat direct with insect spray, or buy the chicken that died which are meant for crocodiles.

Both times I stayed in Chiang Mai I regularly ate from street vendors as did many other farangs. I've seen it recommended here as just as cheap as cooking at home.

How do we know that these same practices don't occur in restaurants or even grocery stores?

Both times I stayed in Chiang Mai I regularly ate from street vendors as did many other farangs. I've seen it recommended here as just as cheap as cooking at home.

How do we know that these same practices don't occur in restaurants or even grocery stores?

You don't except the street vendors don't have running water or toilets or an address in case you want to sue them. Best bet for clean restaurants is MacDonalds. They build them to make them easy to clean. Stainless Steel everywhere and corporate inspections that you have to pass or they close the store. They did not get 33,000 restaurants in 118 countries by being dirty.

I think most people here would agree there's little danger in eating street food, as long as you use common sense, even for higher-risk items like pork and shellfish. The places with high turnover not only safer but tastier and better value as well.

If you're that concerned, a bit of real-life research - not just here but back home as well - will lead to a strong commitment to veganism very quickly.

You don't except the street vendors don't have running water or toilets or an address in case you want to sue them. Best bet for clean restaurants is MacDonalds. They build them to make them easy to clean. Stainless Steel everywhere and corporate inspections that you have to pass or they close the store. They did not get 33,000 restaurants in 118 countries by being dirty.

No,they did it by 'reclaiming' meat like bull's testicles!rolleyes.gif

No,they did it by 'reclaiming' meat like bull's testicles!rolleyes.gif

Absolute nonsense. The price of bull's testicles are 100% higher than hamburger. They would have gone broke in a minute. Google Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Back to grade school with you cheesy.gif

post-73727-0-30291000-1351472053_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly