Prostate Cancer Tests 'more Harm Than Good'

OZEMADE

Prostate cancer tests 'more harm than good'

A group representing Australian general practitioners says the risks of being screened for prostate cancer outweigh the benefits.

In its latest book of preventative health guidelines, the Royal Australian College for GPs advises its members not to recommend prostate cancer screening to patients.

http://au.news.yahoo...harm-than-good/

Edited by OZEMADE

I fail to see the harm in a well oiled finger.

I tried the DIY method, but does not work...although did not try the thumb as theoretically that could work, but the reach might be its downfall.

They are not talking about sticking your finger up the clacker, they are talking about biopsies.

However I think you could find someone with a longer finger. w00t.gif E-yeowsick.gif

I am inclined to agree with the article. I had treatment for a quite advance prostate cancer 6 years ago. It was successful, but they told me I had a 50/50 chance of it not returning. I've read widely now about the tests, and a biopsy is clearly questionable. I think my PC might have returned although I have no symptoms. But I'm very doubtful about having another biopsy. For the moment I will live with it.