Building A Sandbox

ubonrthai

I'm thinking about building a sandbox or in this case a "sand tractor tire" for my son to play in. Just curious if anyone else in Isan has done this. We live in a walled area but not far from a rice field so we get the occasional snake, orange centipede and plenty of ants. Is there a way I could build it to keep the critters out? Anyone else tried? I saw someone mentioned a drain and flooding it in this post.

Edited by ubonrthai

Maybe using the standard building blocks as a base underground with a pvc pipe out would work. Then flood it once in awhile. Then I could put the tire on top and fill it in with Sand. Should probably have a cover on it though to prevent constant cleaning. Hmmmm...

Edited by ubonrthai

Why not build the box and fill with small plastic balls, and maybe net around to keep the balls going everywhere, just a thought.

Cats probably wont like that, but snakes or centipede ...?

Actually, since I read this topic, I try to remember, where I have seen a kid-sandbox in a rural area.

Can't remember any!

Why not build the box and fill with small plastic balls, and maybe net around to keep the balls going everywhere, just a thought.

Actually, since I read this topic, I try to remember, where I have seen a kid-sandbox in a rural area.

Can't remember any!

That's because Thai kids play in the dirt,swim in the stream and chase chickens and bugs around,at least they do in rural Phetchabun.

• Like 1

Can't remember any!

That's because Thai kids play in the dirt,swim in the stream and chase chickens and bugs around,at least they do in rural Phetchabun.

Right, they're playing on the roads and all other busy areas, where snakes and centipedes (ect.) get killed or scared away!

I'm not so sure about this, in a Tyre build sandbox in a garden, behind a wall, where they maybe find a nice hiding place, under the outer tyre flank.

Beside the cat toilet thing giggle.gif

Can't remember any!

Right, they're playing on the roads and all other busy areas, where snakes and centipedes (ect.) get killed or scared away!

I'm not so sure about this, in a Tyre build sandbox in a garden, behind a wall, where they maybe find a nice hiding place, under the outer tyre flank.

Beside the cat toilet thing giggle.gif

If they find snakes in the pit, give the kids somethhing to play with, toughen them up a bitsmile.png

Make a hole little bigger than the tyre and about half meter deep.

Fill up with sand.

Then put the tyre and fill sand inside.

Ants, snakes etc will hate this place.

We have this for the son for more than two years now, and never have problem.

One evening every week I fill the sand with water for make clean, and ev ants go away.

Edited by DanielS
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...