Uk Settlement Visa Question

Had a read throught the pinned UK Settlement Visa Basics thread but couldn't find an answer to my query so I am hoping someone reading this may be able to help.

I currently reside in the UK but have a Thai wife living in Thailand. Recently she gave birth to our first baby daughter in Thailand & she currently resides there with her mum. Our daughter has just received her UK passport & I am now in the process of completing the paperwork to apply for a settlement visa for the wife so I can bring both wife & daughter to live with me in the UK. I am completing Appendix 2 of the VAF4A form regarding the Financial Requirement which has to be met & have reached part 3. Now I am wondering if we should say we are "applying with with no child dependants under 18" or "applying with one child dependant under 18". I've looked at the notes on the application form itself (see link below) & read the guidance notes on the UKBA website. They are not 100% clear but seem to suggest that children who are British Citizen's are excluded from the Financial Requirement. As this visa application is only behalf of my wife (although our daughter will be travelling with her) as our daughter holds a UK passport she will be classed as a British Citizen & therefore I should go for the "applying with no child dependants" option ?

I'm also assuming in part 1.27 of the application form where it asks for the nationality of my daughter I would put British ?

Just to be clear I meet the Financial Requirement under both scenario's I've described above & have used part 5 of the form to,explain my situation. I just want to ensure I complete the application form correctly to try to ensure, as much as possible, that the visa application process runs as smoothly as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf4a2.pdf

This is all new, but as I understand it as your daughter is not applying for a visa and your wife is applying on her own then under 3.2 she should tick "Applying with no child dependents under 18."

As your daughter is British and not applying, you only have to meet the financial requirement for a spouse.

I would put 'Dual British/Thai' to avoid confusion.

7x7 is correct. There is only one applicant. The financial requirement is therefore 18,600 GBP. It would be 22,000 GBP if there was also a child applicant, so complete the vaf4a2 with the financial requirement shown as 18,600 ( for one applicant - spouse).

If you still have doubts, you can explain everything further in your supporting letter.

Thanks for the replies, you both agree with what I thought. I have mentioned the circumstances around our daughter in both section 5 of the application form & in my sponsorship letter.

7by7, good suggestion about putting our daughters nationality as dual Thai/British as she has both passports.