Have You Studied Through An Online University?

ffourie

Hi everyone. I am currently searching for an online University to study through. I would like to study towards a degree in English Literature or in History. I am 27 years old and do not have a lot of money. I am also a South African citizen. I have been wanting to study for years but before felt I would never be able to afford it. I feel that I can find a way to overcome this if I could just find out some concrete information about online universities. So here is my question to all of you in the THAIVISA community...

Have you studied through an Online University? How did you find the experience? Did you have to pay an arm and a leg? Which one would you recommend?

Please keep in mind I cannot afford to move to the UK or USA and I cannot afford to study full time as I do not have any financial support from my family.

Thank you for any help you could provide

Fleur Swemmer

University of London International Programmes.

Never done an online degree myself but I've heard some very good things from people who are doing the online courses from the above. The University of London has some world class research institutions such as LSE and Royal Holloway under its umbrella as well.

I just looked and the BA in History was about ฿500'000 in total, which I reckon you could juuuuuust about manage (or scrape, depending on how frugal you normally are) on a salary of 3 - 40000 a month whilst living outside of Bangkok or the touristy south.

Edited by Trembly

I just looked and the BA in History was about ฿500'000 in total, which I reckon you could juuuuuust about manage (or scrape, depending on how frugal you normally are) on a salary of 3 - 40000 a month whilst living outside of Bangkok or the touristy south.

What gives you the impression the OP is even located in Thailand?

What gives you the impression the OP is even located in Thailand?

Mainly the fact that the OP is appealing to TV, desire to for an online course (presumably meaning that universities that are physically accessible to the OP are not an option), the OP's avatar picture, that sort of thing.

Edited by Trembly