Height Restriction In Phuket

Hi ... looking at land in Phuket within a 12 m height restriction. The land is on a slope which runs down from a road, so my question: do you measure the 12 m from the side of the house at the top of the section, or the side at the bottom (by definition, the house will be taller from one side than from the other ... if you get what I mean ...)

(Yes I know - I am getting a lawyer to look at this as well, plus the architect, plus the builder ... but I'm sure someone has experience).

I have no idea, but in case, it's the 'deepest' point, that count:

My guess:

The architect and the builder will tell you, what get's most money for them. They for sure count from the top section!

The lawyer, mmmh, there is a 50/50 chance, to get the other two their money.

Why don't you ask the 'owner' of the land (it can't be you), where the department is, that can answer this question? The local municipally can't be that far away. And maybe asking and getting the answer in paper form, stamped and signed, isn't a bad idea.

Also think on the option, to add another floor, later.

btw: How far away is the next national park land? whistling.gif

Edited by noob7

Obviously your house will have a flat foundation, not at an any angle to the slope. Thus, the house height is measured from foundation to the top of the roof.

Mine hasn't ! There is about a 6 metre difference between the back of the house and the front . House also built on a slope. Surely the height restrictions would have been included in the building permit ?

I would imagine that if you have a restriction of 12 M then that is the maximum height the building can be ?