Restaurant Recommendations

Jockstar

Ok me and the wife are going out on Sunday for a celebration meal. We are looking for something different. Not too expensive and romantic. Any suggestions. Not Thai food as we fancy trying something we dont get much chance to. Has anyone been to the Greek restaurant called Athena? Tell me what you all think. Cheers in advance.

Back in Germany, I often visited the Athena in my hometown, delicious tsatziki and reasonable prices! :D

Why does it happen that they call their restaurants Athena or Akropolis, worldwide?? :o

I allways give Athena the go, Akropolis is most times expensive and a bit over the top with the same menu and less aroy.

Just try it out I've never been there but it sounds homelike. :D

Maybe in the BKK section you will get usefull answers... I also guess there is more than 1 Athena in BKK...

Have a nice meal, Patex

Oh, there's two lovely French restaurants - one is on Sukhumvit Soi 55 (Thonglo, not past the vet hospital) and the other is on Sukhumvit Soi 63 (Ekkamai) past Soi 6. I don't remember the exact locations, but I do remember that the food was exquisite at each restaurant.

I heard about this Italian restaurant Zanotti, supposedly it's really great! I'm planning to check it out myself, but haven't yet. Let us know where you decided to go in the end and what you thought of it!

Zanotti - Tel: 02 636 0002

Saladaeng Colonade,

21/1 Soi Saladaeng,

Silom Road

Quite nice food is also offered by "Bistingo" in Sala Daeng Soi 1/1. They recently reopened the place as a french restaurant. However they plan to rename it to "Villa Bangkok". Its not really cheap, but its also not too pricy like some of the restaurants in the mayor hotels. You can eat outside and inside and they have a decent winelist as well.

Cheers

JK

I heard about this Italian restaurant Zanotti, supposedly it's really great! I'm planning to check it out myself, but haven't yet. Let us know where you decided to go in the end and what you thought of it!

Zanotti - Tel: 02 636 0002

Saladaeng Colonade,

21/1 Soi Saladaeng,

Silom Road

This is run by the same people who run Limoncello in Suk Soi 11 - if you end up ordering too much in Limoncello, your doggy bag is almost invariably a Zanotti one. If Z is as good as L then you won't go far wrong :o

Any more suggestions? Still undecided. The missus is not too keen on trying Athena. As she has no idea what Greek food is. :o French? Maybe. Any decent Korean places around. When i used to live in Auckland NZ i used to gotto this Korean BBQ place in Mount Eden. Great food and way better than the BBQ here. :D Or Mongolian or whatever. Open to ideas.