Farangs Whose Thai Wives Have Become Substitutes For Their Mothers–Pitiful Or Plain Pathetic

Beetlejuice

....... the others cannot be trusted and try to gain access to women you may be seeing for sexual reasons. loyalty and ethics you would see in the west go out the door here. either foreigners lose them after they arrive or you are getting deviants picked from a large population who are attracted to the country.

As a very rich 83 years old who has both friends in Nigeria and the Americans I agree with you . Also you girl friends get BS from you so call friends wives.

I agree with you both, I never mix my Thai family with my western friends. My family live in the village, my foreigner friends live in CM. When I bring my family to CM (rarely) we never meet my foreign friends or any other western people. Just go to the 'Thai only' areas.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this happen on a muber of occassions, and it really is quite pathetic. Totally being taken over by the Thai wife and acting childlike, not able to stand up to anything that is said, and being totally subservant. It's interesting how some of these people, and educated to, revert back into a Child Stage.

I've seen this happen on a muber of occassions, and it really is quite pathetic. Totally being taken over by the Thai wife and acting childlike, not able to stand up to anything that is said, and being totally subservant. It's interesting how some of these people, and educated to, revert back into a Child Stage.

This is most Farang bar owners I know.

Somehow I lost the quote, but that post about never marry a woman with kids because they're setting a "pedo trap" is so absolutely bonkers I'm almost speechless.

Like saying because you read about a poker game scam happening you'd never play cards for the rest of your life.

I'm not saying it's never happened but the hundreds of mixed families I know are on average at least as happy as those back home.

But I'll admit the teenage boys seem to be a major PITA in nearly every case.

Hallo again,

As for me; the first 10 years I took take care of all finically matters.

As for now, my wife take of all, my pension is only 30k baht a month, but have a newly renovated single story house within inner ringer road @ Udon Thai, 225 talang wah, fully paid up. + 5 TV led’s. 4 PC’s, 3 airs, 4 cats, everything here are done of a practically lifestyle, & the least maintains.

My wife property is on short dead end soi, so everyone know what going on, I never had any problem with anyone here. No farang reside here, coz difficult to find the soi, took me 12 years to find a landmark which gave a bearing to me to this soi.

No problem all here know me, & my Thai wife can find me anywhere in Thailand, within hrs, even b4 cell’s, can drink whenever I like also butterfly…nice wife.

Only important decision needs my approval.

P.S. Off Topic – Free Drop box is my cloud storage.

• Like 1

Somehow I lost the quote, but that post about never marry a woman with kids because they're setting a "pedo trap" is so absolutely bonkers I'm almost speechless.

Like saying because you read about a poker game scam happening you'd never play cards for the rest of your life.

I'm not saying it's never happened but the hundreds of mixed families I know are on average at least as happy as those back home.

I agree. Never heard of this happening. If it did, it'd be all over ThaiVisa. Can't recall any such story, though there may be some.

The only case I know of happened to turn out spectacularly well. A kid playing in the dirt who would have become a typical worthless Thai villager became a good, loyal stepson, mature and well-spoken, and an excellent student. He graduated from an international uni and went on to get a good job in the USA.

However, his American stepfather set the child-rearing standards in the household and raised him well.

Rather heartwarming story, actually, esp. in contrast to some here.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

Well just for counter-balance, a friend's stepson of 10 years now, the boys 17 now, recently beat his mother breaking her arm in two places, and later on smashed up dad's computer when reprimanded for not doing his homework.

Unfortunately Dad's left most of the rearing to his wife, to the point that his own biological daughters don't speak any English; he communicates with them in fractured pseudo-Thai, which of course everyone tells him is very good.

Well just for counter-balance, a friend's stepson of 10 years now, the boys 17 now, recently beat his mother breaking her arm in two places, and later on smashed up dad's computer when reprimanded for not doing his homework.

Unfortunately Dad's left most of the rearing to his wife, to the point that his own biological daughters don't speak any English; he communicates with them in fractured pseudo-Thai, which of course everyone tells him is very good.

Just for counter-counter balance both my wife and I bring up our 8 year old son. I speak very little Thai to him as we agreed that I would speak only English and my wife would speak only Thai to him.

Being partly deaf and also tone deaf it is hard for me to learn Thai, however when I say something in English that I want my son and his friends to do he translates for me. I am doing the same thing for his 7 year old friend next door.

Most of the local people I deal with tell me I can speak Thai very well but I know I cannot and say so. Usually there is someone around who can speak some English and I get most things I need. For things I want but have no idea how to explain I usually Google it, print out a photo and try Google translate as well, that usually works.

I agree. Never heard of this happening. If it did, it'd be all over ThaiVisa. Can't recall any such story, though there may be some.

The only case I know of happened to turn out spectacularly well. A kid playing in the dirt who would have become a typical worthless Thai villager became a good, loyal stepson, mature and well-spoken, and an excellent student. He graduated from an international uni and went on to get a good job in the USA.

However, his American stepfather set the child-rearing standards in the household and raised him well.

Rather heartwarming story, actually, esp. in contrast to some here.

Try reading, " http://www.a-team.org/falsely_accused.html." If it ever happens to you or someone you know. Happened to someone I know and it turned out it was the stepson of the man who had accused the husband.

It happens often enough that there are numerous websites about it and it is a common tactic in divorces. If you have never had a rough divorce I congratulate you but don't knock us guys who have. My ex accused me of things ..... I still remember the judge, laughing almost hysterically when he said, "and Mrs Kelly you never woke up while your husband and the 10 men did all these things to you?"

It happens often enough that there are numerous websites about it and it is a common tactic in divorces.

OK, give us some websites or forum threads about it in Thailand specifically.

When it comes to scamming I doubt there are many differences between nationalities. Perhaps a few more here or there but extracting money from men is not unique to certain cultures. I would imagine the frequency of websites would be greater in countries with larger populations and less fear of discussion about sensitive issues. Also don't forget the libel laws are far different in the West and Thailand. It is against the law to post a lot of information in Thailand on the INTERNET even if it is true. So I won't be giving you any more information. There is enough out there already. If you want to look at it OK if not OK. Up to you. I don't have a dog in the race. I would never date a woman with children in Thailand or any other country. I am not a skydiver either.

It happens often enough that there are numerous websites about it and it is a common tactic in divorces.

When it comes to scamming I doubt there are many differences between nationalities. Perhaps a few more here or there but extracting money from men is not unique to certain cultures. I would imagine the frequency of websites would be greater in countries with larger populations and less fear of discussion about sensitive issues. Also don't forget the libel laws are far different in the West and Thailand. It is against the law to post a lot of information in Thailand on the INTERNET even if it is true. So I won't be giving you any more information. There is enough out there already. If you want to look at it OK if not OK. Up to you. I don't have a dog in the race. I would never date a woman with children in Thailand or any other country. I am not a skydiver either.

So, in fact all you have is "doubts" and 'imagining" to stir the pot, no evidence at all about such scams in Thailand. Re: libel, stories about scams, including scams by Thai wives, are posted constantly here on TV w/o naming names. And you can't point to a single post or thread on this particular scam, though it surely would have been related at some point here.

Now that we've got that clear and out the way, shall we proceed? The topic is about why so many farangs are led around by the nose by their Thai wives.

• Like 1

When it comes to scamming I doubt there are many differences between nationalities.

Totally disagree, just like corporate cultures, memes and behaviour spread within a group faster than across the board.

Nigeria's much worse than Thailand. Thailand is much worse than English-speaking farang honky-dominated countries, which are in turn much worse than the Scandinavian countries.

WRT to women scamming foreign men, I'm not familiar with another country where it's ended up almost a large industry in its own right. I know it's not centrally organized, but the end result is almost as if it were.

Hundreds of thousands of girls are now taught from a very young age that their best bet for a decent future is to land a farang.

And personally I think that's a wonderful thing and of benefit to all of us that know how to play the game properly, like a dream come true.

In my case I also try to help make the dream come true for them in return.

The topic is about why so many farangs are led around by the nose by their Thai wives.

IMO either because they're lazy, or because that's what they want - some people actually prefer to let others take the lead. In either case they've created the situation - considering them "victims" isn't IMO a valid nor constructive POV; though related, this is IMO a very different issue from the scamming one.

So, in fact all you have is "doubts" and 'imagining" to stir the pot, no evidence at all about such scams in Thailand. Re: libel, stories about scams, including scams by Thai wives, are posted constantly here on TV w/o naming names. And you can't point to a single post or thread on this particular scam, though it surely would have been related at some point here.

Now that we've got that clear and out the way, shall we proceed? The topic is about why so many farangs are led around by the nose by their Thai wives.

I have direct first hand knowledge of this scam being attempted twice in Thailand. What I said is if you want more information go looking for it yourself. If you want to assume it does not happen in Thailand fine. Up to you. It is not worth arguing about. If you think Thai women by nature are more moral than women in the US or UK good for you. I don't care or care to state an opinion.

When it comes to scamming I doubt there are many differences between nationalities.

Totally disagree, just like corporate cultures, memes and behaviour spread within a group faster than across the board.

Nigeria's much worse than Thailand. Thailand is much worse than English-speaking farang honky-dominated countries, which are in turn much worse than the Scandinavian countries.

WRT to women scamming foreign men, I'm not familiar with another country where it's ended up almost a large industry in its own right. I know it's not centrally organized, but the end result is almost as if it were.

Hundreds of thousands of girls are now taught from a very young age that their best bet for a decent future is to land a farang.

And personally I think that's a wonderful thing and of benefit to all of us that know how to play the game properly, like a dream come true.

In my case I also try to help make the dream come true for them in return.

You may be correct. No one is going to know since few will be willing to discuss it in Thailand and with the hang em high Thai Visa culture certainly no discussion of anything of any import will occur here.

No one is going to know since few will be willing to discuss it in Thailand and with the hang em high Thai Visa culture certainly no discussion of anything of any import will occur here.

All you have to do is live among the Thais, hang out at Internet shops and talk to them about the phenomenon, they are more than willing to talk about it openly once you get their trust on a personal level. In fact you'll soon find yourself being asked for advice, help translating etc. If you refuse to help them with any deceptive communications, they look at you as if you're from another planet and the requests dry up pretty quick.

And with that opinion of the quality of the discussions on TV, why are you wasting your time here?