Pheu Thai Leaders Acknowledge Red-Shirt Discontent

webfact

my guess is that they will continue to support any side that wins an election by democratic means...

If the Democrats were able to get another 20 seats and smaller parties were able to get another 20 seats, and the Democrats were able to form a coalition government, I doubt very much that the red shirts would support them.

my point was that i don't see the democrats winning through election, it was tongue in cheek.

Do you mean that forming a coalition government isn't winning the election?

Sent from my HTC phone.

my guess is that they will continue to support any side that wins an election by democratic means...

If the Democrats were able to get another 20 seats and smaller parties were able to get another 20 seats, and the Democrats were able to form a coalition government, I doubt very much that the red shirts would support them.

my point was that i don't see the democrats winning through election, it was tongue in cheek.

Do you mean that forming a coalition government isn't winning the election?

Sent from my HTC phone.

what exactly in my post led you to find that meaning and ask that question?

Edited by nurofiend

If the red shirts were truly a prodemocracy group they would be supporting any side that wins an election by democratic means, with no strings attached, and certainly without trying to become part of that government.

why, what party are they supporting now?

We know who they support which is fine, it's the expectation of having a go at being in the cabinet that's the problem.

The easiest solution is to appoint a cabinet based on ability and change it when needed due to lack of performance or the member leaving the cabinet or parliament for example. It's the idea of giving lots of people a chance at being in the cabinet, a bit like kids letting their friends have a ride on their new bike that's causing the problem. Yingluck should be left to choose based on ability.

Do the Dems have this sort of problem as well?

Yingluck should be left to choose based on ability.

but isn't this what they are starting to show now? a step in the right direction?

as for the democrats, no, i don't think they have the same problem, although i would consider not getting a electoral mandate from the people in over two decades a far greater problem to deal with.

why, what party are they supporting now?

We know who they support which is fine, it's the expectation of having a go at being in the cabinet that's the problem.

The easiest solution is to appoint a cabinet based on ability and change it when needed due to lack of performance or the member leaving the cabinet or parliament for example. It's the idea of giving lots of people a chance at being in the cabinet, a bit like kids letting their friends have a ride on their new bike that's causing the problem. Yingluck should be left to choose based on ability.

Do the Dems have this sort of problem as well?

Yingluck should be left to choose based on ability.

but isn't this what they are starting to show now? a step in the right direction?

as for the democrats, no, i don't think they have the same problem, although i would consider not getting a electoral mandate from the people in over two decades a far greater problem to deal with.

The Dems are not that smart I guess. Or maybe they are too honest.. They should have promised everybody 100,000 THB during elections.

If the Dems have not won a mandate the last 2 decades who is to blame for all the corruption this country is facing? Especially the last 10 years this country hasn't progressed s..t. Only getting worse with these corrupt politicians and an extremely corrupt police force.

Edited by Nickymaster