Bloodbath In Soi Lk Metro After Argument About A Girl

Rimmer

Yup, the majority of these little pussy-pot-pies are afraid to fight with their fists, they're always armed with something - always - against each other and especially foreigners. Never get into a serious scap with a Thai fella, unless you're prepared to fight to the death eh.

Yes, fight a Thai to the death, with odds of about 6-1 against, that's the only way to fight that Thais know.

I have seen a fair number of Thais get into fights at the bar beer centers. Never saw a knife. They just go at each other with fists and feet until someone pulls them apart. I am not saying that worse does not happen but what you have just posted is your own personal contrivance.

One little-known fact is that Thailand leads the world in muders by gun per capita, and there are more guns per capita here than in the Philippines and Cambodia, among others. Knifes aside, increasingly we need to watch out for guns. Ah the good old days. When I first came here in 1986 crime never crossed my mind, and many others of my generation will tell you the same thing. I think an entire generation of young males have grown up in a "culture of violence" and having nothing to do with their lives except "act like morons." Couple that with a rising tide of xenophobia, and the fact that the worst of the worst have migrated to Pattaya-Jomtien, and the 5-star tourists destination myth starts to really look like a myth.

I never had no trouble with guns when I first came to Pattaya. This is what I was packing.

post-73727-0-16032300-1351505944_thumb.j

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i have no idea what these last few posts are about...

anyway- i was there yesterday too. i could not see actual incident, I just arrived when the police was driving thai man with bandages away, the other man was handcuffed and on his knees. So police was there. I did not see even slightest sign of blood on the ground, so they probably already cleaned it or there wasnt any. Thats about blood bath.

As for general safety, i did not see anything dangerously looking. Except some dangerously sexy looking woman, lol.

im quite sure that if u behave properly there is no big chance of getting into any danger at all.

• Like 2

anyway- i was there yesterday too. i could not see actual incident, I just arrived when the police was driving thai man with bandages away, the other man was handcuffed and on his knees. So police was there. I did not see even slightest sign of blood on the ground, so they probably already cleaned it or there wasnt any. Thats about blood bath.

As for general safety, i did not see anything dangerously looking. Except some dangerously sexy looking woman, lol.

im quite sure that if u behave properly there is no big chance of getting into any danger at all.

And stay on the correct side of the yellow line. It is LK Metro after all.

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, that is no longer true. Behaving "properly" does help some, but certainly not always. There really are psychotic sewer rats running around in the 5-star sewer, both Thai and farang. It is not the same, especially late at night. Just read the news! I do not even like walking down the beach road in Pattaya anymore because of the mafia thugs, and Jomtien has its own crew of thugs. It is a shame the police to not act like police.

Put rats in a multi tiered cage. Increase the population, and decrease resources. The rats will become more aggressive. The most powerful of which fight their way to the top, while the lower denizens fight for scraps. In other words - welcome to the new Pattaya.

Sorry Pattaya don't work that way. The women simply go back to the farm and the men follow.

Pattaya always had a minimum of full time workers and the rest were supplied as necessary from the rural population.

The base population of Pattaya changes very little and the rest is seasonal.

Yup, the majority of these little pussy-pot-pies are afraid to fight with their fists, they're always armed with something - always - against each other and especially foreigners. Never get into a serious scap with a Thai fella, unless you're prepared to fight to the death eh.

Yes, fight a Thai to the death, with odds of about 6-1 against, that's the only way to fight that Thais know.

I have seen a fair number of Thais get into fights at the bar beer centers. Never saw a knife. They just go at each other with fists and feet until someone pulls them apart. I am not saying that worse does not happen but what you have just posted is your own personal contrivance.

One little-known fact is that Thailand leads the world in muders by gun per capita, and there are more guns per capita here than in the Philippines and Cambodia, among others. Knifes aside, increasingly we need to watch out for guns. Ah the good old days. When I first came here in 1986 crime never crossed my mind, and many others of my generation will tell you the same thing. I think an entire generation of young males have grown up in a "culture of violence" and having nothing to do with their lives except "act like morons." Couple that with a rising tide of xenophobia, and the fact that the worst of the worst have migrated to Pattaya-Jomtien, and the 5-star tourists destination myth starts to really look like a myth.

I take your point, but when it comes to fighting, most Thais are cowards.

I am not sure about the word "cowards." The young males seem to just "go off," especially if you do something to make them lose face. Of course, most of us could beat the shit out of most of them in a fair fight, but rarely do you end up in a fair fight here. Get in a fight with one "coward" and ten other cowards show up with knives and guns and bats, so it is better to "behave," and not "provoke," and walk away if you can. That is sometimes not easy to do. No to mention the other problem with the police: we are always wrong. This place is getting like the Wild West. I think part of the reason is what HYKU1147 said (post #39)--too many human rats enclosed in too small a space with too few resources to go around. The police should be doing the job they are supposed to do instead of sitting in an air-conditioned room playing cards or whatever they do. I really would like to see some serious police patrols up and down the beaches, and not just harassing the poor people trying to sell some small items. The cams in the sky don't work because nobody is actually looking at them. They need to do patrols--maybe on horses. I like horses :)

• Like 1

Most falangs are cowards as well. At least the Thais take care of their own which can't be said of the falang who stand by and look when one of them gets beaten to a pulp by a bunch of Thais.

Watch who you tell that to. You might run into some Americans who fought with Thai troops on the Plain of Jars or flew with Thai pilots over Laos. biggrin.png

• Like 1

As I said.....no formal arrest was made at Pattaya Police Station and no charges were brought against anyone

I was there and saw it take place...The Thai that was hurt the worse had a cotton gauze wrapped on his hand and perhaps a half cup of blood was spilled on the ground....Nothing to serious just a quick brawl...

What have all blown up,false and misleading reports on Thaivisa in common these days ?

pattaya_103_fm.jpg

There is bad reporting and there is misleading by intention.Two different things.

I'm not sure if Thaivisa is gaining better reputation by allowing this kind of attention seeking.

Most falangs are cowards as well. At least the Thais take care of their own which can't be said of the falang who stand by and look when one of them gets beaten to a pulp by a bunch of Thais.

As I said, Thais only take care of their own when they have odds of about 6-1. If a Farang helped another Farang in a fight with Thais, they would have the whole Thai population down on them.

As I said, Thais only take care of their own when they have odds of about 6-1. If a Farang helped another Farang in a fight with Thais, they would have the whole Thai population down on them.

A lot of Thais helped a lot of Americans in a war that lasted 10years. Back off bunny you don't know what you are talking about.

As I said.....no formal arrest was made at Pattaya Police Station and no charges were brought against anyone

I was there and saw it take place...The Thai that was hurt the worse had a cotton gauze wrapped on his hand and perhaps a half cup of blood was spilled on the ground....Nothing to serious just a quick brawl...

What have all blown up,false and misleading reports on Thaivisa in common these days ?

pattaya_103_fm.jpg

There is bad reporting and there is misleading by intention.Two different things.

I'm not sure if Thaivisa is gaining better reputation by allowing this kind of attention seeking.

The Headline says Bloodbath which it certainly wasnt. Misleading headline to be sure.

• Like 1

pattaya_103_fm.jpg

The Headline says Bloodbath which it certainly wasnt. Misleading headline to be sure.

despite what you have read today from an alternative source. the streets had to be washed down after the fight. the knife man was arrested and taken away in handcuffs by police.

I see at least 2 eyewitness reports in this thread which say there was little blood involved.

Maybe the headline of the ladyboys who take money from the hotel also wasn't misleading ? whistling.gif

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

Quote: chiangmaikelly

"Sorry Pattaya don't work that way. The women simply go back to the farm and the men follow.

Pattaya always had a minimum of full time workers and the rest were supplied as necessary from the rural population.

The base population of Pattaya changes very little and the rest is seasonal."

Do you live in CM? If so, I suggest that are not qualified to comment on matters relating to the sociological factors that press down upon Pattaya residents. Furthermore, the increase in population refers to the steady flow of 'new' tourists who provide little to the 'traditional' Pattaya economy, but contribute greatly to overall congestion(A well known stressor).

I lived in CM for 3 years; left because of the smoke and moved to Pattaya 6 or 7 years ago. First came to Sattahip in 1968.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Normally, I say normally, when a news source talks about a blood bath, it's usually about a half dozen or more people blasting away with guns, etc., 2 men fighting over a girl is usually called a street brawl or bar brawl. Just my 2 cents worth. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I see.

How do you respond to:

"Furthermore, the increase in population refers to the steady flow of 'new' tourists who provide little to the 'traditional' Pattaya economy, but contribute greatly to overall congestion(A well known stressor)."

I see.

How do you respond to:

"Furthermore, the increase in population refers to the steady flow of 'new' tourists who provide little to the 'traditional' Pattaya economy, but contribute greatly to overall congestion(A well known stressor)."

The traditional Pattaya economy was two fisherman named Somchai long dead now. The tourist economy started by Aussie soldiers in the 1960's was really kicked off by Euro people in the late 1970's. So the traditional Pattaya economy is the steady flow of new tourists now more families than punters.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Having observed the heroic flow of ruble-generated funds over the counter of a 711 on Jomtiem beach last week - at 7pm on a Saturday night they were taking Saeng Som and 555 by the case load I would imagine that the alcohol side of the traditional economy of Pataya is doing fine - its just not going to falang gogo bar owners. Having observed the new wave tourists for a few days on the beach in the shops and at the mall I would hazard a guess that they spend much more than the typical falang sex-pat visitor (and probably more than a European family tourist too).

A lot of Thais helped a lot of Americans in a war that lasted 10years. Back off bunny you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't call me Bunny pal, can you not get it through your'e thick head that I'm not talking about wars and soldiers etc, I'm talking about cowardly Thais in the street. If a Thai provokes you in the street, you walk away or better still run away, because if you stand up to him, then you stand up to the whole of Thailand. Do you still not understand when I say that the biggest majority of Thais will not stand up to you unless there are more Thais in the vicinity. Your average Thai cannot fight IN THE STREET, unless the odds are about 6-1 in their favour.

Don't call me Bunny pal, can you not get it through your'e thick head that I'm not talking about wars and soldiers etc, I'm talking about cowardly Thais in the street. If a Thai provokes you in the street, you walk away or better still run away, because if you stand up to him, then you stand up to the whole of Thailand. Do you still not understand when I say that the biggest majority of Thais will not stand up to you unless there are more Thais in the vicinity. Your average Thai cannot fight IN THE STREET, unless the odds are about 6-1 in their favour.

Nonsense. Next you will have a fellow from Glasgow lecturing on knife safety. You wrote, " I take your point, but when it comes to fighting, most Thais are cowards." You said, "most Thais are cowards." They are not. You didn't say street toughs. You said, " I take your point, but when it comes to fighting, most Thais are cowards."

What you should have said is most street punks whatever nationality are cowards and they are. You should have said that most low life people that sponge off of women are cowards and they are.

The big farang did not see the upper cut coming. It hit him the same time as the Muy Thai knee to the groin. Long before his punch reached the halfway arc his head snapped back from the princess’s right and her knee doubled him over just in time to get her elbow in his temple.

The only thing keeping him conscious as he fell backward towards the floor was the searing pain in his crotch. His head hit the wood floor with a bang and he rolled over in a fetal position trying to protect what was left of his manhood.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader2226.htm

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I see.

How do you respond to:

I see.

How do you respond to:

The traditional Pattaya economy was two fisherman named Somchai long dead now. The tourist economy started by Aussie soldiers in the 1960's was really kicked off by Euro people in the late 1970's. So the traditional Pattaya economy is the steady flow of new tourists now more families than punters.

oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again.....

I see.

How do you respond to:

I see.

How do you respond to:

oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again.....

They've tried to cover it up for too long but there are photos.