Are Western Getting All The Thai Ladies...the Good Ones?

vspin134

Yes, Koreans are all the rage at the present time. Not sure if it's a fad or what, but Korea has been hugely successful in exporting their pop culture around the region.

Actually when I got here fourteen years ago, my uni students were already very much into the K-everything scene, not a recent thing and certainly not a passing fad.

Thailand could do worse than model itself on SK, pretty successful place and more likely to have teachable parallels than Singapore and HK.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Koreans are all the rage at the present time. Not sure if it's a fad or what, but Korea has been hugely successful in exporting their pop culture around the region.

Actually when I got here fourteen years ago, my uni students were already very much into the K-everything scene, not a recent thing and certainly not a passing fad.

Thailand could do worse than model itself on SK, pretty successful place and more likely to have teachable parallels than Singapore and HK.

Of course you could ask some one who knows SK or the people. Naw. That would be injecting too much reality into the situation. You could ask some of the ladies in Pattaya.smile.png Just saying.... Or google Korski or Stickmanbagkok and Korean men.

My point finally, is that if they know a little about the world, they will go for farang every time! It isn't about money,

Omg, the knight on the white horse saving the thai princess from the evil thai men again...

The western world sure did a great job of brain washing a lot of us.

My wife used to think that farang men were like the Thai men,in that they would not like a darker skinned girl,especially if she was above average height,It's just something that many Thai's believe.Since she met me and started to live in a farang community, her idea of what Farangs like has changed.

Nah, farang is farang no more no less, just farang

This is starting to smell like a troll thread. I doubt even the OP believes what he's shoveling. Vspin, come out, come out, wherever you are....

By the way, is this what the OP means by "good ones" ()? Sure is a lot more where that came from.

Can't believe how this got carried over...

Out of all the westerners i know of,

only 2 has a thai gf with bachelor's degree or above, and a job that goes with it,

myself included.

That may work out to be around 3%.

So to answer the question: Nope,

the westerners are typically stuck with prostitutes,

that stay with the westerner in a on-job relation

Speak for yourself:

My Thai GF – MA from the US

My closet friend: Thai wife, MBA from Thailand, top 3 Uni

Close buddy 1: Thai Wife: MA from the UK

Close buddy 2: Thai GF, BA from Thailand

Next Level Circle of Friends:

1: Thai wife, BA from Thailand

2: Thai wife, MBA from Thailand, top 3 Uni

3 and 4: close friends are married to women from other nationalities

5 and 6: dedicated single guys.

Not a BG or uneducated woman in the bunch, all the Thai women employed and earning good money, one has an income that would make most TV members weep with jealousy.

Then again, there is not an uneducated guy in the bunch either – all but one with professional jobs here in Thailand. It’s all about the friends you make and the company you keep.

My Thai GF – MA from the US....there are hundreds if not thousands of uni in USA

My closet friend: Thai wife, MBA from Thailand, top 3 Uni...there are only 2 or 3 decent ones in which do not earn title "top 3"

Close buddy 1: Thai Wife: MA from the UK...1 year Grad school, don't know about that.

Close buddy 2: Thai GF, BA from Thailand...that is high school equivalent in other strong Asian countries

Next Level Circle of Friends:

1: Thai wife, BA from Thailand...

2: Thai wife, MBA from Thailand, top 3 Uni

3 and 4: close friends are married to women from other nationalities

5 and 6: dedicated single guys.

• Like 1

yes they are, they first took all the sweet girls from patpong, now they have moved to other places such as nana and cowboy.

soon all the angels will be gone leaving men with what.

A woman is a woman. Abuse is still abuse even in Patpong or Nana or Cowboy.

whats your point, am i abusing woman.

yes they are, they first took all the sweet girls from patpong, now they have moved to other places such as nana and cowboy.

Sorry thought you were talking about Koreans

Sorry thought you were talking about Koreans

koreans, now you have lost me even further,lol.

So nontabury, I guess you are Thai guy then since you know this for a fact?

Experience with discussing this subject with many Thai men.Why do you think there are so many Thai girls using these creams and medicines in order to whiten their skins?. It's not to attract farangs,it's to attract Thai men. Go look at the cosmetic shelves in any supermarket,It's big business.

That's largely irrelevant. Fake tan and tanning salons are huge industries in the West but there are millions of pale-skinned white women who refuse to use them. Far as I know, lots of white men still find them desirable.

By your logic, more than 50% of 30 million Thai men are only interested in the 25% or less of Thai women with fair skin.

Sorry but that's <deleted> because all those dark-skinned additions to the female population have to be coming from somewhere.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Thaivisa Connect App

Firstly we are not discussing the west or for that matter western women.

Secondly in my previous post I said most/many Thai men, not all.

What I'm saying is that they prefer a lady with lighter skin, and if you are correct, that there are 25% or less with this skin type, then that may reduce their coffee1.gif choice, so they then take a darker skinned girl to be the mother of the next generation.I personally would have preferred a very rich beauty queen to be my wife,but unfortunately there was a limited supply,consequently my choice was restricted. Like I said, look on the cosmetic shelves,these girls are taking these products in order to appeal to the Thai men.

I think then you have to specify what exactly is a Thai man? A dark-skinned worker or a light-skinned Bangkokian. Oh I just love self-conducted surveys.

• Like 1

Even the darkest-skinned Thai, male or female will express an opinion that lighter skin is more beautiful. I've never once come across any other opinion, and I know for a fact I've had the discussion with many thousands of Thais over fourteen years living here.

I am 100% sure that even the most rigorously conducted survey would show this to be true for the vast majority - I'd be surprised if even 1% expressed a preference for darker skin.

Note IMO this has nothing to do with racism - I consider aesthetic preferences to be nobody else's business, until they affect external objective issues like treatment under the law, employment etc.

Which of course they do, but IMO no amount of politically-correct nagging will change people's internal thinking, and it's only the law's job to try to influence behavior, not thoughts or speech.

And as a temporary guest here, even if a lifelong resident, IMO it's 100% inappropriate, actually very rude to go around telling them their cultural programming is wrong and mine is right.

Of course you could ask some one who knows SK or the people. Naw. That would be injecting too much reality into the situation. You could ask some of the ladies in Pattaya.smile.png Just saying.... Or google Korski or Stickmanbagkok and Korean men.

Ask them what? I have no interest in those topics, my only point is that the fashion for worship of all things Korean isn't that recent a phenomenon.

That is partially right, this concept was brought by the so called educated elite but it's not a widely spread dogma. I've been traveling all around this country for a long time and to my knowledge this kind of statement is based on the experience, received by those in your personal circles.

While it's considered good to be white as it displays fortune and glory to most Thais, it has not much to do with love preference.

this concept was brought by the so called educated elite but it's not a widely spread dogma.

To me "dogma" implies something a bit more formal and indoctrinated. To me this specific issue is a culturally programmed "meme" or thought pattern usually held subconsciously, IOW at a level that they're not even aware of until it's brought to their attention by someone trying to convince them it's not a universal truth.

And IMO it's come about as a result of the historical fact that the original residents of this region, evolving socially from hunter-gatherer to purely subsistence agriculture, were smaller and darker skinned, while the group now called "central Thai" came in relatively recently from southern/western areas of China, say within the past thousand years, and quickly became the ruling and merchant classes, the "elite" of the region. As you point out, it's generally the case that the dominant group's preferences become the mainstream default, but I don't think it's necessarily an intentional exercise in social engineering.

For example, tall people are universally considered more authoritative, do you think that's come about via the intentions of the tall people, or the fact that physical power used to be an important part of social status?

it has not much to do with love preference.

Not sure what you mean when you say the word love, I'm just talking about what's considered "attractive".

The preference for light over dark I would say is as common in Asia generally, as those for financially secure over poor, kind over mean, happy over sad, young over old, fit over fat etc.

Not saying there might not be exceptions, varying levels of priority among individuals, but pretty strong patterns across the vast majority.

Just because people end up with mates that don't match their preferences doesn't mean they didn't have those preferences to start with.

What most people refer to as "love" can certainly overcome almost anything when it strikes strongly enough, but IMO more relevant here is that many people don't exercise a lot of conscious choice in their lives, end up more or less accepting whatever comes along at the time and living with it. Which is fine for most I'm sure.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Yes , love is probably an unfamiliar word to you as is the indoctrination of the worker class. If we continue down this path we gonna bump into another familiar topic. If being white in Thailand wasn't dogma howcome we don't see so many dark-skinned soap series heroes, riding down the sunset with the woman of their dreams. Oh that's right, being dark-skinned in Thailand means you come from the slums and you're practically a bum. Are you saying this is a norm or something foul that has been incorporated into the Thai culture?

Edited by maxme

So to answer the question: Nope,

the westerners are typically stuck with prostitutes,

that stay with the westerner in a on-job relation

I wouldn't totally agree with that.

I think the foreigners end up with the women Thai men don't want for whatever reason.

(too old, too many children, previously married, skin too dark, educated above their social position, former sex workers, etc.)

Yep, pretty much the case by and large.

If being white in Thailand wasn't dogma how come we don't see so many dark-skinned soap series heroes?

Because all the Thais would say "what a shitty soap, look at that black guy they stuck in there pretending to be a hero" and then turn the channel.

I actually heard one Vietnam-era farang claim that this preference is the leftover result of a CIA brainwashing plot to make it easier for the farang soldiers et al to get laid.

Now you're saying it's part of a Marxist-style propoganda campaign? Which has operated just as successfully in every other Asian country? Wow, pretty powerful PR machine those elite cabalists are running there. . .

Look I'm not saying I actually know the root cause of it beyond my above speculations, but I'm pretty sure you'll find it's been around a lot longer than any mass media.

Being white is associated with not having to do manual work,

this was the case in Europe too, hundreds of years ago.

But now in Europe, the poor man's work is de facto being stuck in an office or any other indoor workplace,

while being brown symbolize time & money to spend time outdoors, or go to the canaries, or thailand.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone here and the person who will come for visit this page as soon:)

I am Thaigirl and I am interesting gonna share the night life to you all What is happen and what is going on...and different thinking as different culture.I am Not perfect of English language but I will try..

I has been work Coyote Dancing before and I am working In the company on this time.I am work for night club for 8 years because my family can't support for my education(Thai government is different Western) All Thai families must to support since babies born,Is not government taking care..

Many poor families that became to no have work,no enough food because Thai people eat rice for the main and they have to waiting for the rain season for grow rice and anything ..If no rain..No Rice..No Vegetables..No work..No money..No food..and How people get a good education..? then Peoples looking to Big City like BANGKOK! Maybe there will have some work for take care FAMILY and SELF..Thai people thought..

Yes,Thai man was reputation in negative,Then I looking for new life,I must to studies and I have to find work for spent money for University in Bangkok because there are big city and have NIGHT JOB..Ofcause you can't work in the company in the same time on you class and you no have experience..(Thai company you should to have experience and Bachelor degree if you want to work in the good company)..

I worked Dancing in night club,drunk everydays and finished work so late like 04:00 am everydays and have to start the class at 07:00 am everydays..I am origin Coyote Dancing who never sex for money and in real Coyote Dance we are normally was studying and some bodies has good educations,some bodies need more money because they no want to call from parent..Yes we do and this is real Coyote Dancing..and we work in Thai night club only and If some bodies need to improve English language they will find work at Western night club,

How you know they are not sex for money..? Always they will say NO..to you if you need to hang her out..

Currently has many Thai Girl referable they are Coyote Dancing and then they can make more money if you are offer something to that girl.Real Coyote Dancing they never do sex money,Because we are real coyote dance,we love music,Dance,Drinks,we love to talk with people and enjoy with the music..

The role of Coyote Dancing is can't have boyfriend,he will make we lost job always if his jealous(Thai man) and them always has another girl when we were leave home..this is so bad..:) sometime them call money from my friends, someone hit my friends and Western guy also(I am not mean Every bodies is bad person) But a lot of western guys they do bad thing in our countries

Do you know it has a lot of crime with night girl..? and that people was from Western guys.. I will promise you never know..:)

Western guy has Thaigirl friend and they are fighting and killed Thaigirl in hotel..

Some Western guys not be honest real,Yes you may is the one guy have to be honest with you girlfriend, but Is not for some bodies..

and then how you get honest from Thai girl..?and some Thaigirl is not be honest with boyfriend also,some bodies lie and some bodies work sex for money..

However,Night girl is not bad at all and some not night girl is not good at all(mostly good person)..why I said like that..? because some bodies is not night girl had married with western guy and then come back Thailand for married with Thai guys(Some bodies)

If you love with someone,you should to look at currently not look at the past,No bodies can re adjust of the wrong past,The Love and respect to each other that can make warm into family.

I would say thank you for night club for made me have a good life,Currently I still working in night club and working in the company because I need to create my own company..

With my best regards,

• Like 1

If being white in Thailand wasn't dogma how come we don't see so many dark-skinned soap series heroes?

Because all the Thais would say "what a shitty soap, look at that black guy they stuck in there pretending to be a hero" and then turn the channel.

I actually heard one Vietnam-era farang claim that this preference is the leftover result of a CIA brainwashing plot to make it easier for the farang soldiers et al to get laid.

Now you're saying it's part of a Marxist-style propoganda campaign? Which has operated just as successfully in every other Asian country? Wow, pretty powerful PR machine those elite cabalists are running there. . .

Look I'm not saying I actually know the root cause of it beyond my above speculations, but I'm pretty sure you'll find it's been around a lot longer than any mass media.

I just love it how a westerner makes it political. It´s not like that to a Thai, like it or not, we think differently. They have grown up in different circles than let´s say, you and I have. For them it's a total different perspective than what we may perceive. We think like westerners, they don't.

As much as I get your point I'm not saying the mass media is the root of the cause, but what I am saying, is that they are certainly not helping.

NO,,, most thai men will marry a "good thai lady" but also many (not all) will have a gik or second wife, but almost never take a bar girl.

Some western men are smart enough to find a "good thai lady" many (not all) will have a bar girl.

you asked if the "good thai lady" can fit in with partners family and friends? it's a matter for each individual as to fit in with or not, but many asian ladys are looked down upon as so many people ethnicly profile people without getting to know the individual.

just one last thing A "good thai lady" dose not nessacrally have to have a masters degree, she just needs to have good moral character, but that goes for all people not just thai ladys.

• Like 2

Agree with many that say Thai guys and Farangs have a different view of beauty, I think Thai guys dont care about the Farang's "stealing" their women because we like the ones they dont and vis versa. Some farangs like the white skin but are not supper common and lets face it, there are many more girls here than guys so a little extra competition is not of their concern.

Missus Auntbob is college educated and makes almost as much as I do. She also cooks and cleans. When we go to visit my family (twice already and a third trip coming up in two months) she fits in just fine.

Of the 4-5 people i call friends in Thailand, non are in serious relationships with bar-girls. Some are single and play around with them but dont get more involved that that. The others are all with college educated girls who make a decent living by Thai standards but are not by any means "Hi So"

I think many of the generalizations are fading into the past. Yes there are still guys that settle down with bar-girls and who are we to judge? Most foreigners I know seem to find, for lack of better term, "average" Thai girls. IMHO most middle class girls in Thailand dont really care if a guy is Thai or farang, just that he is good to her. The "elite" families are still buried in their traditions and prefer their daughters find a "nice Thai man" just like in many other cultures.

Just my 2 cents

No way, I am not western, but ......

My first gf was a forestry official circa 1998. I dated a lady that is GM of a company that uses 2 floors in the tower left of Robinson on Silom.

We do power walks in lumpini with Thai dude staring daggers at me, took me 7 months to get in her knickers.

I dated an investment banker that worked abroad with more money than brains and alcohol problem. first date 7000 baht and half a hennessy, we did the deed. I did nt know what alcohol does to her at the time.

The youngest I dated studied in the US,