Multiple Entry Visa

'lo everyone, I hope this is the right forum for this.

anyway, I'm in thailand on a tourist visa, and I just (this month) got my paperwork for a multiple-entry visa/student visa here in Chiang mai.

according to everything I hear, I need to leave the country (and go to a place such as singapore or pnom penh cambodia) to get the multiple entry visa before I come back here and get it converted into a student visa.

has anyone here done this? do you have any recommendations? what are the prices like for airfare, and how much does it cost to stay a day or two in either place (if those are the places I want to go, and if they aren't, where should I go, considering I have a very limited budget- about $250 USD if I want to stretch it)?

'lo everyone, I hope this is the right forum for this.

anyway, I'm in thailand on a tourist visa, and I just (this month) got my paperwork for a multiple-entry visa/student visa here in Chiang mai.

according to everything I hear, I need to leave the country (and go to a place such as singapore or pnom penh cambodia) to get the multiple entry visa before I come back here and get it converted into a student visa.

has anyone here done this? do you have any recommendations? what are the prices like for airfare, and how much does it cost to stay a day or two in either place (if those are the places I want to go, and if they aren't, where should I go, considering I have a very limited budget- about $250 USD if I want to stretch it)?

If you are on a tourist visa and have at least 21 days remaining before it expires. You do not need to leave the county. You can change the visa here in Thailand to a "ED" visa.

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Copy of passport entries.

4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

To study at a government university or lower levels.

A letter from the university, requesting visa status alteration.

A letter from the director of the department concerned under the Ministry of Education or, in the case of lower academic levels in education, a letter from the governor, requesting a visa or visa status alteration.

Diploma and resume of the applicant.

To study at a private institution, university or lower levels.

A letter from the rector of university, requesting a visa status alteration.

A letter from the department concerned under the Ministry of Education or, in the case of lower academic levels in education, a letter from the governor, requesting a visa or visa status alteration.

A certified copy of the registration paper of the educational institution.

A certifed copy of the license of the school or university administrator.

Diploma and resume of the applicant.

www.lawyer.th.com