Having A Dog Euthanized In Los

mixed

I think we need to have our 12 yr old dog euthanized, she has lost the use of her back legs, is weak and suffering. We have not spoken to our local vet about this, they have not been very frank with their diagnosis, so I'm not sure if they would do it.

I have heard that vets in LOS don't like to do this. Does anyone have any experience with this?

There's another thread about this about four threads down on the page.

I know two vets in Chiangmai who will do it. One is the Small Animal Hospital, who will want to use your cat/dog as a demonstration to students.

The other is a private vet, whose name I will pm anyone who pms me. I do not want to put it on here for obvious reasons.

A cat is easy to kill, a smack with a shovel will do it. Quick. I have had to do this a few times, and it is not for every one I am sure and difficult if it has been a life long companion. I never killed a dog though, maybe ask a Chinese guy? You would have to watch and maybe intervene, but I imagine that blood letting would be the most painless way to do it.

Thanks for the replies, I should have noticed the other thread. I think we have found a vet, however it will require a trip to Bkk.

Now we have to decide. She has lost the use of her back legs due to displacia/arthritis. She is medicated for pain relief, which has increased her appetite, however she is constipated.

I have been taking her swimming daily, she seems to be able to swim less with each day, but still likes to be in the water. She will not improve, but does not seem to be in severe pain.

cook that was not a tactful post even if it was intended to help... maybe for farm types not for pet vet section.

there are a few vets that do this apparently and there have been several threads, maybe we should make a list one day and pin it.... people can pm me and i will make up the list...

bina

cook that was not a tactful post even if it was intended to help... maybe for farm types not for pet vet section.

there are a few vets that do this apparently and there have been several threads, maybe we should make a list one day and pin it.... people can pm me and i will make up the list...

bina

I hate to disagree with you, bina, but for the vets' sake, I do not think their names should be published, even in this forum.

• Like 1

bina

I hate to disagree with you, bina, but for the vets' sake, I do not think their names should be published, even in this forum.

+1