What S The Best Choice For Riding In The Country Side ...

pbas400

Most of the Japanese small bikes are nearly indestructible. The one thing I insist on is tubeless tires. A puncture is one thing and can happen to any tire but numerous flats for no apparent reason is the pits. I have never had a flat with tubeless tires. A friend of mine has only a motorbike and no other transportation. It seems like he has a flat tire every couple of weeks. My wife's Suzuki has alloy rims but has tube type tires, so you can't always blame the spokes. She also has many flats. As far as engine size, it all depends on how fast you are comfortable going. My 135 cc Yamaha Elegance goes up the mountain to my favorite watering hole at 60 KPH. The 100 cc bikes do struggle a bit. I actually prefer a manual clutch transmission but having my feet in front of me with the automatic in case of an accident is some comfort. I don't like the thought of getting "T" boned and losing a leg. If I ever buy another scooter, it will be a 150 cc Honda PCX.

The roads in Cambodia or Laos aren't as bad as what they used to be. A CBR 250 is a good choice along with the CRF250, the new CBR150 is also a good choice, it looks almost identical to the 250, it loses out a bit in power to the 250 but still cruises along the flats at 120-130kph compared to say 140-150kph, but it is even more economical fuel wise, which is important if you are travelling long distances. In the mountains it still performs well enough.

is CBR 150 same same the 250 (except the power) ? price seems good.

Pretty much yes, they are the same size. Apart from the decals and the longer exhaust of the 250, to the untrained eye it's hard to tell the difference.

Wheel and tyre sizes different, making the 250 taller and better looking and feel bigger.

The roads in Cambodia or Laos aren't as bad as what they used to be. A CBR 250 is a good choice along with the CRF250, the new CBR150 is also a good choice, it looks almost identical to the 250, it loses out a bit in power to the 250 but still cruises along the flats at 120-130kph compared to say 140-150kph, but it is even more economical fuel wise, which is important if you are travelling long distances. In the mountains it still performs well enough.

is CBR 150 same same the 250 (except the power) ? price seems good.

Pretty much yes, they are the same size. Apart from the decals and the longer exhaust of the 250, to the untrained eye it's hard to tell the difference.

Wheel and tyre sizes different, making the 250 taller and better looking and feel bigger.

A slightly wider tyre yes, but the dimensions are almost identical, in fact the 150 is slightly wider and the 250 is 5mm taller. My 150 was repainted and on a trip with a bunch of 250s they didn't even know it was a 150.