Best Deals To The Maledives With Resort From Bk Airport?

Sandman77

Hello!

couple of days ago,there was a articel on the nation,that bangkok air operate filights with round trip on the maledives for only 350$

here from europe,a maledives ourney coasts 1800€ up

so the deal sounds very cheap,i want go with my wife for honey moon on april,to the south male atoll region around 20 days!

the report does not told,how long the trip will go!

many friends here,,was in the malefives 10 year before the € come,and it was only the half price ,was posible at this time,to rent a bangalow house for 100$ for more people,now all the cheap resosorts has been destroyed in the meantime,with luxury expensive resorts!

in europe in the meantime is not a good deal,to book in a travel agency,better pay with low $ cash and book the resort directly at the counter,but i dont know what the price of all incliusive deals in thailand travel agency?

what bangkok air has to offer in this round trip?

i want to swimm with the dolphines together are the only located in the south male atoll?

many resorts must pay drinks seperatly,when not all inclusive,so this then more expensice!

what island you can recomended for a first time trip to maledives?

thx for information!

its the price of the ''resort''-utterly boring IMHo (you can walk around most of them in 10 mins and have seen it all-nothing for me- that determines 99% of the total price. tipically Thai do not go for long times on holiday to such-they have them aplenty here in LOS. Western tourists are always charged the western tourist price- there MAY be a-slightly lower- Asian price beside it. Reckon on at least 150eur/day pp for the better (in *** counted) resorts. Tourists can only stay in such resorts, to which you will be whisked away by resort small plane or boat off the main airport-which also costs. ALso only coconuts and fish grow there-anything else the spoilt tourist wants, has to be shipped in-which costs.

AFAIK BKK-air did BKK-Male flights, the only direct. Check yourself if thats still so. IF yes-check for any ''deals'' on their homepage.

IF such a destination appeals to you, try the Seychelles-at least there you can organise some slightly cheaper accomm on your own and travel a bit to actually see a litle more as seaside-though its not very much.

I spent 6 months in the Maldives (working). WARNING ! most of the islands are very small, they consist of the Hotel and that's about it,

If you are staying more than a week in most of them you will go insane ! or spend money quickly trying to amuse yourself.

There is nothing to do, nowhere to go. Unless you like scuba diving, a little watersports etc there is NOTHING to do and you can get bored pretty quickly.

Great for a Honeymoon for about a week but that's it, most people twin centre there visit/holiday etc with Sri-Lanka.

My recommendation is think about staying a beautiful week, 2 weeks maximum, then move on.

Edited by CharlieH