Good News For Expats And Travelers

THAI-LAOS BRIDGE THALI NOW OPEN FOR FOREIGNERS WITH VISA ON ARRIVAL.

A third bridge linking Thailand and Lao PDR across the Huang River, one of the tributaries of the mighty Mekong, is due to start in early 2004. Thailand will bear the 70.75 million baht (about US$ 1.8 million) cost of the 3.3 kilometre bridge which will link the northeastern province of Loei, Thailand, with the province of Sainyabuli, Lao PDR.

The bridge across the Huang River,near Thali, is in line with the Economic Co-operation Strategy (ECS) approved by regional governments to develop road links between Thailand and Lao PDR.

Well-known for natural attractions, Loei province is home to the Phu Kradueng National and Forest Park and Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary. These parks are dotted with caves and waterfalls, and highlighted by beautiful scenery along the banks of the Mekong and Huang rivers.

//edit - remove url - lopburi3//

A third bridge linking Thailand and Lao PDR across the Huang River, one of the tributaries of the mighty Mekong, is due to start in early 2004. Thailand will bear the 70.75 million baht (about US$ 1.8 million) cost of the 3.3 kilometre bridge which will link the northeastern province of Loei, Thailand, with the province of Sainyabuli, Lao PDR.

The bridge across the Huang River,near Thali, is in line with the Economic Co-operation Strategy (ECS) approved by regional governments to develop road links between Thailand and Lao PDR.

Well-known for natural attractions, Loei province is home to the Phu Kradueng National and Forest Park and Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary. These parks are dotted with caves and waterfalls, and highlighted by beautiful scenery along the banks of the Mekong and Huang rivers.

Typo or really old news??

No typo. Old news:

http://www.tatgovernor.com/tatgovernor/govcorner.aspx?id=30

------------

Maestro

Why was the URL removed, "if" it was to do with the post....?
Reading that note I assumed it was the URL to the newbie’s home page that was removed and checking now I see that he does have a home page, listed in his profile (where – apparently according to forum rules – it belongs, not in posts)

And he posted the same message in the Isaarn forum yesterday (URL not yet removed)

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

No typo. Old news:

http://www.tatgovernor.com/tatgovernor/govcorner.aspx?id=30

------------

Maestro

Why was the URL removed, "if" it was to do with the post....?
Reading that note I assumed it was the URL to the newbie’s home page that was removed and checking now I see that he does have a home page, listed in his profile (where – apparently according to forum rules – it belongs, not in posts)

And he posted the same message in the Isaarn forum yesterday (URL not yet removed)

---------------

Maestro

Cheers.

redrus

Okay I make it more easy for you guys.The above story was just a reminder

THIS IS NOT OLD NEWS,THIS IS VERY HOT NEWS.

FROM NOW ON OPEN FOR EXPATS AND TRAVELLERS.

VISA ON THE BORDER.

BORDER IS IN THALI,NAKASAENG, BAN AHI( LOEI PROVINCE)

FROM THE BORDER IS JUST 363 KM TO LUANGPRABANG

COME AND EXPLORE THE BEAUTY OF THE MEKONG REGION

Okay I make it more easy for you guys.The above story was just a reminder

THIS IS NOT OLD NEWS,THIS IS VERY HOT NEWS.

FROM NOW ON OPEN FOR EXPATS AND TRAVELLERS.

VISA ON THE BORDER.

BORDER IS IN THALI,NAKASAENG, BAN AHI( LOEI PROVINCE)

FROM THE BORDER IS JUST 363 KM TO LUANGPRABANG

COME AND EXPLORE THE BEAUTY OF THE MEKONG REGION

I don't want to appear pedantic, but, that isn't what you posted!

Your post (I assume a clip from an old news article) said that the bridge will START in 2004, I asked if it was a 'typo' or old news. What you posted is indeed old news.

Sarcastic comments and SHOUTING are not appreciated on this forum. A simple clarification that the bridge is now open would have sufficed (and apology for not being clear initally would have been appreciated).

Ok rant over :o

Does this crossing really offer VISAS (which would be really hot news to be well publisised) or is it just a regular border crossing with 30 day stamps available to visa exempt travellers?

BTW, welcome to Thaivisa :D