Burger In Ubon

yupha31

hi all

anyone know where i can get a good burger in ubon , had one in the laitong ,anywhere else ?

You had Good in Laithong???hard to belive....

You might try also Grand Pa's place near Airport,, they come from US and Stake there is great and best of all,, thai price.

hi all

anyone know where i can get a good burger in ubon , had one in the laitong ,anywhere else ?

You might try also Grand Pa's place near Airport,, they come from US and Stake there is great and best of all,, thai price.

you are right the laitong wasnt that good . is that on the actual airport road

cheers marco

hi all

you are right the laitong wasnt that good . is that on the actual airport road

cheers marco

Yupha

yeah airport road and last juntion just b4 going in to airpot gate turn right, it's only 50met or so then left and first right hen,,, really small restaurant on the right hand side,,, i think there is 2 or 3 in the same road, GrandPa looks nice outside and like home,, staff speak also eng.

While up in Udon visiting (from Chiayaphum) earlier this week, a group of us had dinner at the Irish Clock. It's within walking distance from the downtown bus station or Robinson's mall.

Everyone who ate anything excepting the two of us that ordered hamburgers loved their entrees. What we got was some "mystery meat" served with enough salad dressing for 10 meals.

I've been told that Harry's place serves good burgers (was told AFTER I complained at the Irish Clock) it's in the westside of the ring road, and also was told that Steve's Restaurant on the east ring also serves a palateable burger.

The following day, we ate lunch at Mojo's (same block as the old Steve's Restaurant and Horseshoe bar etc) and I tried the snitzel. It was great as was my friend's Fish Cakes.

Ken

Is this Ubon or Udon? In Ubon Marco is on the ball but you can get the standard Mc Donalds crap at Robinsons on Chaiangkul road but for a real tasty burger go to where Marco told you!

No Idea about Udon - been 20 years since I've been there.

cheers guys thought i had never heard of steves, i will try your suggestion this week

Is this Ubon or Udon? In Ubon Marco is on the ball but you can get the standard Mc Donalds crap at Robinsons on Chaiangkul road but for a real tasty burger go to where Marco told you!

Thaibites,

We will be in Ubon for the New Years (2007)

Exactly what does Robinsons serve?

Do they really add vegie meal to their hamburgers?

Is it ran by Farangs?

:o

Thaibites,

Is it ran by Farangs?

It's a standard McDonalds franchise at Robinsons department store and serves the usual cardboard crap you get in any overseas McDonalds. It is run by Thai's and if you are into eating fast food it will suit your needs.

There are also KFC outlets dotted around as well as MK suki yaki places.

Robinsons is easy to find - it's a large department store on the main road through Ubon about 1K from the bridge over the river. Robinsons used to be a family owned store called 'Ying Yong' and they had a large food market on the ground floor but closed it down a few years ago. Franchises at or next to Robinsons are McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Swensons and The Pizza Company, all Thai owned and run.

Thaibites,

Is it ran by Farangs?

It's a standard McDonalds franchise at Robinsons department store and serves the usual cardboard crap you get in any overseas McDonalds. It is run by Thai's and if you are into eating fast food it will suit your needs.

There are also KFC outlets dotted around as well as MK suki yaki places.

Robinsons is easy to find - it's a large department store on the main road through Ubon about 1K from the bridge over the river. Robinsons used to be a family owned store called 'Ying Yong' and they had a large food market on the ground floor but closed it down a few years ago. Franchises at or next to Robinsons are McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Swensons and The Pizza Company, all Thai owned and run.

Thaibites,

I was there last April.

I bought a couple of donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

I guess I was not paying any attention to what else was close.

The wife and her sister had me going in circles filling shopping carts.

Thanks for the info.

:D

Marco has just told me that there is no McDonald in Ubon and on thinking about it the lack of the HUGE M at Robinsons would mean that the outlet there will be a KFC one but they do serve burgers there.

The donut place you used is on the corner of the building ChiefBEM - go around that corner and you'll find the KFC (I'll have to have a look tomorrow!) and if you look over your shoulder as you enter it you will see Swensons across the parking lot and Pizza company outlet just behind Swensons - you can't miss any of them!

hi all

:o Of course you can have a great burger in Ubon, that's if you fix it yourself. You get the meat grinder, or the chopping board and the chopping knife (that's if your scene is with a beautiful simple Isan gal) Then she has the keen eye for good meat in the market. All the spices can be had in the sex tourist palaces like BKK, Pattaya, etc along with some nice fine breads to go with it. You throw that all together and if you're not just passing thru, you'll enjoy your very own heart attack food on your patio! Thanks God there are still Americans about, as latest reports about them is it's dangerous outside your hood!

hi all

:D Of course you can have a great burger in Ubon, that's if you fix it yourself. You get the meat grinder, or the chopping board and the chopping knife (that's if your scene is with a beautiful simple Isan gal) Then she has the keen eye for good meat in the market. All the spices can be had in the sex tourist palaces like BKK, Pattaya, etc along with some nice fine breads to go with it. You throw that all together and if you're not just passing thru, you'll enjoy your very own heart attack food on your patio! Thanks God there are still Americans about, as latest reports about them is it's dangerous outside your hood!

:o Im selling really good meat, and chopping knifes in my shop.. :D

All knifes what you can get from Lotus and Bi-C for 100+THB i sell 70,, how abt that(Little advertising is alvays benefitial)

Regarding dood there in Ubon,, i have to say that i never got sick, what ever i been eating,,,

Marco has just told me that there is no McDonald in Ubon and on thinking about it the lack of the HUGE M at Robinsons would mean that the outlet there will be a KFC one but they do serve burgers there.

The donut place you used is on the corner of the building ChiefBEM - go around that corner and you'll find the KFC (I'll have to have a look tomorrow!) and if you look over your shoulder as you enter it you will see Swensons across the parking lot and Pizza company outlet just behind Swensons - you can't miss any of them!

Thaibites,

Thanks for the info!

I will try to get around more the next time we are in Ubon.

Regards,

ChiefBEM