Non B Visa Extension At Sakhon Nakhon

Went to have my Non B, with Work Permit extended today and to buy a re-entry permit. I was on the first 90 days, due to expire November 25. My Thai girlfriend asked if she could come and I said sure but you do not come in, so they have to speak English and it will be faster and stay on topic.

The office is small, it is the Police Station with the S.W.A.T. truck parked out front, for those familiar or unfamiliar with the office, it is small. The phone number is O42 715 219. There are three desks, going left to right when you enter the first desk is used to check documents and says report here. I went past it and sat down in a chair near the third desk where Khun Somjai works, having dealt with him on numerous ocassions, with my back to the sign that says deportation office. I had my papers prepared including the extension application and a re-entry application.

An overweight woman approaced me and said that she should check my paper work. I had it such an order that the first page was a letter from my school politely asking immigration to extend my visa, until the end of my contract next year, then the contract, documentation and lastly my copies of Degree, Diplomas and other such. She rifled through everything in a minute, did not look at anything other than the application form, which I had not dated, not being sure of the date I was going there. She pointed that out to me, and tried to compliment me, telling me that I reminded her of her English teacher.

She left, I dated the application while I waited for the couple seated with Khun Somjai. I went through my documents to pass the time and noticed that she had made a mess of them, with the letter being the last page now, rearranged them and waited 30 minutes. Said good morning and how are you in Thai to Mr. Somjai, he replied that he had no money, I told him neither did I and that is why I worked.

So we got the question of tea money out of the way, we both had no money. Good opener on his behalf.

He checked my documents and handed them to the fellow at the second desk, who came over and told me that he wanted to call the director of my school, that something was missing. I told him not to bother that all the paperwork was there and my director would not understand him anyway.

He repeated himself a second time. Then said, oh you do have everything. So Paid my 1,900 Baht to Somjai and got my receipt. Gave him the re-entry application and 1,000 Baht. He gave me my passport back, and that was it. Until I did what you have to do, I opened my passport and looked at the new date of expiry of my visa, ok. But where is the re-entry stamp permit? so I handed my passport back and asked the same question. "Oh I forgot to put it in your passport and give you a receipt". Twenty minutes had elapsed at this point., Plus half an hour waiting to be served.

Got my passport back with the re-entry stamp and my receipt, 30 minutes now, over an hour in total.

So was he out to cheat me for 1,000 Baht? no receipt, no refunds, if I had driven home 2 hours and then noticed it. This same fellow sold me a re-entry permit a year ago and then told me I was on overstay.

I told them I was going to speak to the P.M. about making the Visas smaller as well as the Re-entry stamps for foreigners. Did not crack a smile.

All in a days work for me.

You did not extend you non-b visa you extended your permit to stay that you got from your now invalid single entry non-b visa.

I think he may of honestly forgot to do the re-entry stamp if he was busy.

Edited by ubonjoe

You did not extend you non-b visa you extended your permit to stay that you got from your now invalid single entry non-b visa.

I think he may of honestly forgot to do the re-entry stamp if he was busy.

Your right it was a long day late last night when I was composing the post. Well this is the same fellow as I mentioned who sold me a re-entry, earlier this year February 1st and then told me I was on overstay. Odd that he did not notice the overstay, I could not get a refund.

But I did better than that. Changing schools and provinces, I did not realize I was on overstay, so he sent me to Amnat Chaeron Immigration, where my extension of stay was granted, they said I was on overstay the supervisor, overrode the decision of the other 2 officers there, regarding the fine, called Mr. Somjai, reamed him out and gave me 7 days for 1,900 Baht, so it worked in my favor. But when something like this happens 2 x by the same fellow, you would also be asking yourself. I have seen him four times this year already on different matters.