How About Thai Girls With Tattoos?

Modem

Much, much more so. (But well said)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Thank you SteeleJoe.

What's that? A variation on the "I know you are, but what am I?" technique so loved 7 by year olds?

I don't have any tattoos (must be one of a very small percentage that came out of my particular military unit without one) nor does anyone in my immediate or extended family (as far as I know). They are rarely if ever to my taste and I think it generally rather foolish and affected to get one. But it's no business of mine what people do to their bodies and, as I implied, I find judgmental and closed minded behavior (over something that people do of no harm to others) to be far uglier than a tattoo could ever be.

• Like 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, long term relationships with tattoed women are to be avoided. Short time is A OK.

What about marriage General?

My wife has a small tattoo.

Should I divorce her before it becomes a long term marriage as well?

Only married less than 10 years.

That is ok?

wink.png

I believe there is a vast differance between a girl who has a small discreet tatoo and the ladys who have them plastered up their arms and legs and all other places ,

I agree. A small number of Thai actresses and fashion models now have discrete tattoos on their shoulder blades. These tattoos usually have some sort of religious significance.

The tattoos to be wary of are those garish tramp stamps that shout "sex worker".

I just came across this link:

http://thailandmusings.thaivisa.com/good-thai-girls-vs-bad-thai-girls-how-can-i-tell-if-shes-a-bargirl/

The URL contains THAIVISA. Is the link above part of this forum? I think it must be. (The privacy statement also links to thaivisa.com)

This is what the comment says about Thai girls with tattoos

If she has tattoos then she may not necessarily be a bargirl, but she worked in the pay for play industry in some fashion. Maybe she was a masseuse or fishbowl girl, served drinks in a bar or even worked as a freelancer, but she was connected in some way with bargirls if she has a tattoo.

An earlier assertion that a Thai woman applying for a Schengen, or any other Western, visa will be refused if she has visible tattoos is rubbish.

Tattoos do sure, not help the cause.

You made any Schengen Visa until now?

For a woman for whom you have to give a "Declaration of Support" because she is "Penniless and without a formal job"?

I did so more than once and I,

Witnessed as a Thai Schengen visa applicant in hot pants, high heels and tight top with a deep insight

and several tattoos was expelled together with her guarantor from the Austrian Consular section in Bangkok!

With the words,-That is no GoGo Bar here! -

Edited by ALFREDO

I think the trend started with Angelina

My wife got that same religious tattoo, from the same Buddhist temple, on the same place on her back..

If she'd asked me before she got it, I'd have told her not to, but she had just told me she was going to the temple. But it's 100% religious, I don't expect it to cause problems with visas though as she already has ILR for the UK, and still has outstanding time on her 10 year US visit visa.

But that is a specifically religious tattoo, not some tramp stamp...

My wife got that same religious tattoo, from the same Buddhist temple, on the same place on her back..

If she'd asked me before she got it, I'd have told her not to, but she had just told me she was going to the temple. But it's 100% religious, I don't expect it to cause problems with visas though as she already has ILR for the UK, and still has outstanding time on her 10 year US visit visa.

Why would you make a point of telling us that?

I find the bar girls are surprisingly pious

SC

I find the bar girls are surprisingly pious

SC

They do say Oh My Buddah a lot.

Sak Yantra (สักยันต์) -- less "religious" than (perceived to be) "magical". Certainly it's not part of "pure" Buddhism and some traditions even discourage or ban it.

Basically it's Thai / Khmer superstition, IMO. Not saying there's anything wrong with it per se but to me (even with my less than entirely positive views about religion in general) it sort of adds these tattoos more nobility or legitimacy than they deserve when call them "religious tattoos" given that they are supposed to afford you special protection and powers etc. The way I see it, that's not what the Buddha was teaching...if on the other hand people just put them on because they think they are cool and exotic, fine -- but that's not religious either, is it?

Just sayin'.

First it is religious, I saw the whole back of a young Thai woman made up with Psalm-Tattoos, made in a Thai temple. I think is a different cup of tea anyway.

Second, your wife will not go in a bathing suit or Bikini in the Consular section of your Embassy.wink.png

-SteeleJoe- Regarding your Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yantra_tattooing

Edited by ALFREDO

First it is religious, I saw the whole back of a young Thai woman made up with Psalm-Tattoos, made in a Thai temple. I think is a different cup of tea anyway.

Second, your wife will not go in a bathing suit or Bikini in the Consular section of your Embassy.wink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yantra_tattooing

You miss my point (perhaps made poorly); suffice it to say the fact that you saw the whole back of a young Thai woman made up with "Psalm Tattoos" made in temple doesn't negate it. Nor does anything in the link you provided (did you read it?) How knowledgeable are you about this religion you speak of?

Perhaps it's a matter of semantics. All religions could reasonably be called superstition as far as I'm concerned. But for the sake of argument, I generally use the word "religion" about some things and superstition or (imagined) magic about others (eg practices that are actually derived from a time before Buddhism or developed independently of the core teachings of Buddhism or partially based on belief system other than Buddhism).

Moreover, I personally wont give snake-handling or speaking in tongues (for example) the (relative) legitimacy of the label "Christianity" nor do I give the notion that a tattoo will give you magical powers any credence or the respectability of calling it "Buddhist" (Buddhism as it was originally taught is not about magic powers or spells).

But this thread isn't about what is or isn't Buddhism and that's a whole different and very broad topic...

Edited by SteeleJoe

http://en.wikipedia....antra_tattooing

You miss my point (perhaps made poorly); suffice it to say the fact that you saw the whole back of a young Thai woman made up with "Psalm Tattoos" made in temple doesn't negate it. Nor does anything in the link you provided (did you read it?) How knowledgeable are you about this religion you speak of?

Perhaps it's a matter of semantics. All religions could reasonably be called superstition as far as I'm concerned. But for the sake of argument, I generally use the word "religion" about some things and superstition or (imagined) magic about others (eg practices that are actually derived from a time before Buddhism or developed independently of the core teachings of Buddhism or partially based on belief system other than Buddhism).

Moreover, I personally wont give snake-handling or speaking in tongues (for example) the (relative) legitimacy of the label "Christianity" nor do I give the notion that a tattoo will give you magical powers any credence or the respectability of calling it "Buddhist" (Buddhism as it was originally taught is not about magic powers or spells).

But this thread isn't about what is or isn't Buddhism and that's a whole different and very broad topic...

Do not know what triggered your long Post and tirade against me.

Religious or not, some Buddhist monks make that Tattoos also, with "old style" gear,

so ask them, if you believe they make something they should not do. Not me.

Maybe we are lost in Translation, my LINK shows only that your statement

-More Magical, than Religious is right-.

So, I do not know why you bashing me. blink.png

An earlier assertion that a Thai woman applying for a Schengen, or any other Western, visa will be refused if she has visible tattoos is rubbish.

Tattoos do sure, not help the cause.

You made any Schengen Visa until now?

For a woman for whom you have to give a "Declaration of Support" because she is "Penniless and without a formal job"?

I did so more than once and I,

Witnessed as a Thai Schengen visa applicant in hot pants, high heels and tight top with a deep insight

and several tattoos was expelled together with her guarantor from the Austrian Consular section in Bangkok!

With the words,-That is no GoGo Bar here! -

I have been involved in and advised upon many UK and Schengen visa applications, so do have some understanding of what is involved.

The only comments I can make on the incident you say you witnessed is:-

1) Austrian visa applications in Thailand are not made at an Austrian consulate or the Austrian embassy; they are made via an outsourcing company at a visa application centre. Whoever made the remark would not be an employee of the Austrian embassy or government, they would be an employee of the outsourcing company; VFS Global.

2) They had no right to do or say that. It is not up to clerical staff at visa application offices to make that sort of judgment, or any judgment on a visa application. Were I the sponsor involved a complaint would have been made to the Austrian embassy forthwith.

http://en.wikipedia....antra_tattooing

Do not know what triggered your long Post and tirade against me.

Religious or not, some Buddhist monks make that Tattoos also, with "old style" gear,

so ask them, if you believe they make something they should not do. Not me.

Maybe we are lost in Translation, my LINK shows only that your statement

-More Magical, than Religious is right-.

So, I do not know why you bashing me. blink.png

Perhaps it is a language issue. I did no bashing and made no tirade.

Yantra tattooing is not religous but rather defined by the practitioner, traditionally by Buddhist monks using traditional tattooing gear - sharp bamboo stick and handmade inks.

Sak Yant tattoos are considered to be a bestoyal of good luck and / or protection, a SEA concept that goes back over 2,000 years.

Got mine at age 67 because I wanted to.

I don't understand all the "old school" opinions regarding tattoos from so many on this forum.

The tired argument - since most ciminals and / or prostitutes have tattoos, therefore most people with a tattoo must be a criminal or prostitute.

Just bias and prejudice.

I have been involved in and advised upon many UK and Schengen visa applications, so do have some understanding of what is involved.

The only comments I can make on the incident you say you witnessed is:-

1) Austrian visa applications in Thailand are not made at an Austrian consulate or the Austrian embassy; they are made via an outsourcing company at a visa application centre. Whoever made the remark would not be an employee of the Austrian embassy or government, they would be an employee of the outsourcing company; VFS Global.

2) They had no right to do or say that. It is not up to clerical staff at visa application offices to make that sort of judgment, or any judgment on a visa application. Were I the sponsor involved a complaint would have been made to the Austrian embassy forthwith.

Surprisingly, I made 10 Visa applications since 2001 until 2009 for 4 Thai women and 1 Cambodian, without "rejection!"

in the Austrian Embassy Consular section in Bangkok. and I can read nothing, hear nothing that something did change.

( I was also in 2011 in the Embassy in talks-with the female "Head of Consulate" to help a Cambodian woman to get a "Half orphan's pension" for her Baby with an Austrian.)

Also than the Consular section was full applicants.

http://www.bmeia.gv....ormationen.html

Translated - Google translate

Tourist travel-Schengen Visa

"An appointment for the submission of applications is usually not necessary.

During peak season, the application on the day of the personal interview is often not possible: in these cases, applicants may, however, leave reserve for the next available appointment.

Applications must be placed at least 14 days before the planned trip to the embassy, or at the honorary consulate in Phuket.

In the case of an application for setting the honorary consulates must be placed at least 4 weeks before the planned trip."

I checked, =VFS Global=, not in Thailand for Austria responsible! Today only in, 11 other countries.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/

So, sorry you informed wrong.tongue.png

The incident happened in the Consular section of Austrian Embassy in Bangkok and the woman was really very "sparsely" dressed.

Whore like, would be the right description. What want somebody complain about,

when she comes directly as it seemed from the GoGo Bar in the Consular section building, dressed same she dances?.rolleyes.gif

Rightly done Austrian Embassy staff! thumbsup.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Buddhist monks using traditional tattooing gear - sharp bamboo stick and handmade inks.

I don't understand all the "old school" opinions regarding tattoos from so many on this forum.

So, for me,

you write "traditional tattooing gear - sharp bamboo stick and handmade inks"

and I write -Old school- style of Tattooing- Same same, but different? For me = same same.wink.png