Blue Book Registration

Just a quick question which I probably could ask at the Amphur, but I'm afraid the language barrier could create some issues.

I own a house through a company, and I've recently sold the company including the house with part of the total amount being paid through a mortgage over 3 years.

Buyer is a foreigner with Thai wife, don't know if they are legally married, but the agreement is between me as director of the company and the foreigner only, nowhere in the agreement is the Thai wife involved.

The agreement exist in that I keep all company and landtitle documents untill the day the mortgage is finished.So at this time the buyer has his name nowhere mentioned on any company document and all papers are in my possession.

The buyer lives in the house, and it is mentioned in the agreement that he is allowed so as long as all all provisions in the agreement are respected.

Landtitle deed and Blue Tabien baan mention only the company as owner, no fysical person is metioned in the blue book as residing at the address.

Recently the buyer has a new born which is a Thai national,and asks me now if this child can be registered in the Blue Tabien baan as residing at this address.

My question now is : should I allow this, or could it create a possible problem if the buyer fails to pay the mortgage and I want to claim back the property ?

What is the legal status of someone mentioned in the blue book as residing at the address.

Blue book is only a register of Thai nationals who live at that address, it is not proof of ownership etc.

Actually his partner should also register as she lives there.

Thanks for the answer, and I understand the purpose of the blue book.

My only concern is that in the case the mortgage is not paid in full and I have to claim backt the house, it will be a problem to have them removed from the blue book again.

Could anyone confirm if that should be a concern or not.

Edited by jbrain

My understanding is that in a house registration book, first the head of the household must be entered and only after that can persons residing at that address be added.

In a house registration book on the first page is the owner of the house, which in this case is the company.

In a house registration book on the first page is the owner of the house, which in this case is the company.

Are you sure? I see an address and a reference to the type of building, but no owner's name, neither of a natural nor of a juridical person.