Next Gen Consoles Ps4 Xbox Wii U

thaichalina

Will you buy next-gen console?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,im starting the first thread about highly anticipated next xbox,ps4,wii U.Although there are not real SOLID info about next gen consoles(except wii U) there are many infos which cant be far from truth.So share your comments,views.

After EA OFFICIALY announced Battlefield 4 (beta will come in Q3 2013,full game probably in Q1 2014) its high probability that next xbox/ps4 will be coming in Q4 2013 holiday season.

EA isnt so stupid to release BF4 on current consoles,unless they want 4vs4 player in BF4 on consoles.There has been MANY RUMOURS about specs of next generation consoles from minimum specs to some 16 core cpu ,6gb gpu which is nonsence.

Month before there has been not really a rumour but a "leaked" info about possibly ps4 spec which are : CPU A 10 quad core 3.2ghz,4gb ram(8gb for development kit),800mhz gpu.Although every hardware will be custom made(not stock) its still low for next gen gaming.

Microsoft and Sony both said next consoles have to be able to run 1080p full hd at 60fps in 3d which need more horsepwer then these specs,especially gpu.I was hoping something like six core cpu,4-8gb ram,2gb gpu-everything highly custom made.For next 7-8 years it will be enough.Xbox will probbably use something like blueray disc,as there is no room anymore on dvd disc.Blue ray can hold up to 50gb(maybe even more) which is enough for future years.I dont know if there's gonna be blueray copy games,but its SUCKS without online so i would go for original.

There is a low possibility of both microsoft and sony to wait for 4K TV(3840 x 2160 pixel),but price is to dam_n high -25000$now and its still not for mass production in households.Its gonna take YEARS to drop to some affordable price.

Wii U is coming this month,and specs are:Tri Core 3 GHz CPU,2GB RAM(1 GB is allocated for games and is shared between the CPU and the GPU, while 1 GB is allocated to the operating system),ATI 5000HD series(unknown,probably 512 or 1gb ram) in 1080full hd,but probably not enough for 3D.Specs are not far from current consoles but no doubt WII U will definently find its share of cutomers(maybe more family oriented?)Does anybody know price of WII U in Thai?

Xbox shouldn't have problems with RROD like it was in 2005.Before they had only 3 years to release xbox 360 to come before ps3 but now they had almost 8years to make everything perfect.But its always good to wait at least few months to be sure,at least for new release of games to come.

Would you consider buy next xbox/ps4 or wii u or maybe you prefer PC gaming? What do you think price will be? I really dont remember what price was back in 2005 for xbox360 in Thai but i think in 2007 was something like 14-16000baht.And back then 1dollar was about 44baht,and now its 30baht so maybe expect 4-5000 baht cheaper?If the price was 399$ in world,if in Thai keep the price about 12 000 + 1,2000baht more because of TIT its gonna be awsome.

Or do you think its to soon for next gen consoles? Now its almost 8years,and consoles are doing great so maybe there is more milk to squezze from an old cow:-)

Would you consider buying console even if doesnt offer copied games?

No doubt both Microsoft and Sony know what they doing and there will be something special to offer to people to consider leaving current consoles.They will sale consoles with loss of course,but real profit is in games sale.

Voted yes cause i like the gadgets. Am a fan of PC gaming, World of Tanks, Planet Side 2, Mechwarrior and the such. I am awaiting the AMD 7990 Gigabyte Edition GPU when it is released in Thailand any day now. I run triple LED monitor eyefinity in high def and am in need of more power! (Tim the tool man Taylor grunt here) Will start with one and then in a few get a second and run crossfire. Cant do that with a console, eyefinity or crossfire. Wonder if they will make a console with upgradeable gpu's. I dont know squat about computers so do not know if that would be viable or not but it's always nice to be able to upgrade technology without buying a whole new system. My 2 cents.

Voted yes cause i like the gadgets. Am a fan of PC gaming, World of Tanks, Planet Side 2, Mechwarrior and the such. I am awaiting the AMD 7990 Gigabyte Edition GPU when it is released in Thailand any day now. I run triple LED monitor eyefinity in high def and am in need of more power! (Tim the tool man Taylor grunt here) Will start with one and then in a few get a second and run crossfire. Cant do that with a console, eyefinity or crossfire. Wonder if they will make a console with upgradeable gpu's. I dont know squat about computers so do not know if that would be viable or not but it's always nice to be able to upgrade technology without buying a whole new system. My 2 cents.

Thanks for vote and your view.

I've been PC gamer from age of 8 to now(26years). PC's are great as long as you have money for upgrade GPU to run at 1080HD every upcoming game.I've seen couple days ago i7 6 core,8gb ram,gtx 690 for 74.000 baht in Pattaya lol.Probably its little cheaper if you build it yourself.

Unfortunately game devs nowdays are to LAZY to make games for PC primary and then port to consoles(even if PC are more superior).This i why i choose consoles.What devs are making with a 8 years old graphics card and 256 ram is unbeliveable,its like running super mario on wristwatch.But still graphics is awsome.

Of course consoles are closed enviroment only for gaming,there is no need for much RAM and other as is not running OS like PC and millions of other programs so they are HIGH optimized only for gaming.

Making games for consoles is FAR more easier(cheaper) for consoles because they have to optimize games only for 2 types of hardware(ps xbox),not a thousands od cards,graphics cards,directx and other.This is why more and more devs are oriented for consoles primary,ive seen in recent years only battlefield 3 that is for PC in first place.

Even GTA5 when will be release xbox 360 and ps4 will come 6,7months before PC release.Its seem Pc gaming is not what it used to be years before.When i bought new PC few years ago with gtx 280 it was top of the line now its almost garbage at 720p ,if xbox 360 had card like gtx 280 it will be running for 8years more.It really sucks that developers are so lazy to optimize the way it should be.

It feels like even with top card if buy nowdays(like ati 7990) it wouldnt maximize all games(like the consoles do)only because developers now when making games are not thinking about PC as a top priority.Card like ATI 7990 vs xbox 360 ati 1800xt-should be BIG difference but its not and that sucks.It should be difference like running xbox game vs MOD game,skyrim,crysis,gta 4 as stock release game which graphics is not far from "realistic".

No matter what,release of next gen consoles is highly needed soon so that even a PC should have graphics as it deserves due to expensive hardware and push the gaming big step forward,not just graphicly.

• Like 1

I'd go for the new Xbox. After having owned all consoles up to the original Xbox I found that it offered a better overall experience than anything Sony offered. In saying that so I like Nintendo and their constant innovation that they offer also and that is why the Wii-U is also interesting.

And i agree,i found also xbox 360 had offered much more variety in games then playstation.Still have to wait for both Sony and Microsft to announce thier new cosnsoles,no matter what there wont be to much difference between them,i but i hope i will get xbox

Also.800Mhz GPU is to little for new gen gaming,especially for running 1080 60fps 3D which you need at least 2GB GPU.Wii u will have 1gb graphics,so they had to be about 2gb.

Btw Ubisoft is already developing games for next gen, Watch dogs- game from Ubisoft is developing for current and next gen consoles,so definetly new consoles are coming next year.If the price is somewhere below or near 20.000baht might buy after release.I would be checking also if microsoft says new conslos will not have RROD problem as before.

Does somebody know the price of Wii U set for Thailand? Pprobably will wait for xbox/playstation,wii u seems like dont have big leap forward in terms of grapchics,but its still a nice console,just wonder about pricing

Price of Wii U for a basic model will be 299$ in US. I couldnt find any price reveal for Thailand,but i doubt it will be only about 9000baht.Still it would be awsome to price to be somewhere near that.

Wii U will release 50 games between november 2012 and march 2013,and half of them will be available on lunch date

Games on lunch date,november 18:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders II

Assassin’s Creed III

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

• 5 weeks later...

i would say its about time for the next gen of console to launch. the current gen is still great but the wowness had pretty much died down. anyone still remember playing launch titles with the 360? putting gameplay, story plot etc aside, the graphics back then was in a total different ball of league and definitely took gaming to a next level.

unfortunately its very likely gaming had hit a plateau. when its the last time a new launched games actually brought you chills with disbelief? i had strong doubt the next gen machines will bring that much excitement as in the past.

i was expecting alittle more from wii u, alittle disappointing but its still way too early to say that, really. personally i owned all 3 consoles and nearly every cod titles and the pointer style fps control on wii was really much more superior (imo) then dual analog controllers, maybe even more so than the kb and mouse combination.

i would say its about time for the next gen of console to launch. the current gen is still great but the wowness had pretty much died down. anyone still remember playing launch titles with the 360? putting gameplay, story plot etc aside, the graphics back then was in a total different ball of league and definitely took gaming to a next level.

unfortunately its very likely gaming had hit a plateau. when its the last time a new launched games actually brought you chills with disbelief? i had strong doubt the next gen machines will bring that much excitement as in the past.

i was expecting alittle more from wii u, alittle disappointing but its still way too early to say that, really. personally i owned all 3 consoles and nearly every cod titles and the pointer style fps control on wii was really much more superior (imo) then dual analog controllers, maybe even more so than the kb and mouse combination.

Definetly, just remember Call of Duty War at war back in 2005.It was graphically awsome back then,but nowdays graphics looks like minecraft.Its amazing that console hardware last for 8 year without upgrading it,and to see difference in games from Call of duty world at war to Battlefield 3(when talking about FPS).I was really amazed with Red Dead Redemption graphics,even now 2 years after release its really great,and latest Assassins Creed 3 has a great graphics too,it really felt alive with hunderds of other people walking around and practically climbing and walking on every posibble object.

Wii U sucks now because all games are ported from consoles(xbox ps3).And Wii u power is in GPU not CPU,but console power is in CPU(wii u has almost same 3core CPU like consoles,but graphics card is MUCH better).In future wii u will definetly deliver much better graphics.But then again,exclusives like Zombi U and other which are not ported dont have much better graphics then current consoles and they should have due to better gpu

I think next gen consoles will be most selling consoles in history.It was problem in 2005 you had to buy console + expensive HD TV,but now most people have it already, and nex gen consoles will bring much more realisticlly looking games,it will be new definition for games,games are definetly not looking like 10years ago.Really amazing what they achived for a decade.

• 1 month later...

Of course gaming hasn't hit a plateau.

Performance wise, there's still room for improvement from the current technology. The current gen generally ran games at 720p and was very noticeable; all games should run in 1080p locked at 60fps on the next gen, only a handful of current games on my PS3 did that (Super Stardust for example). Other games that came out at 1080p had horrible framerate issues (Ghostbusters). So that's one big improvement I'm looking forward to on the next gen.

Game design wise, I've played several games on this year who blew me away: Asura's Wrath, Journey, The Walking Dead all spring to mind. All great graphically but also provided an awesome gaming experience.

If all you want to play is the same churned out FPS and CODs then not much will change on the next gen of consoles though, I guess.

Of course gaming hasn't hit a plateau.

Performance wise, there's still room for improvement from the current technology. The current gen generally ran games at 720p and was very noticeable; all games should run in 1080p locked at 60fps on the next gen, only a handful of current games on my PS3 did that (Super Stardust for example). Other games that came out at 1080p had horrible framerate issues (Ghostbusters). So that's one big improvement I'm looking forward to on the next gen.

Game design wise, I've played several games on this year who blew me away: Asura's Wrath, Journey, The Walking Dead all spring to mind. All great graphically but also provided an awesome gaming experience.

If all you want to play is the same churned out FPS and CODs then not much will change on the next gen of consoles though, I guess.

1080p actually has 125% more pixels than 720p so it could be awsome.Not to mention 3d should be some new experience.

On youtube there is new video from Microsoft/Xbox called IllumiRoom that should be implementet in new consoles.For me,it doesnt look nothing special,you still have to look in tv.But its one step closer to holodeck:-P

Call Of Duty should switch to making games again in WW2 like Allied Assault and similiar.People hate COD because it got same fck engine for a decade.

Battlefield 3 looks good on consoles,in PC on ultra awsome.

There is very high probabilty that new consoles will be made from "off the shelf" pc high-end parts with the x86 architecture which will be great for PC.This would mean games would be make for PC first and then ported to consoles like it should be.

All i want is they make controller more...mousey..precise..its only reason(and graphics) why i favor PC.

• 2 weeks later...

I will wait to see the launch line up before purchasing.

I could not care less about specs, content is king.

If you look at the 360 vs PS3 the PS3 is better on paper, but at first it was difficult to develop for and hence had an inferior game library. This is why the 360 regularly outsells every other console on the market.

As for the Wii... not interested. Nintendo really dont tend to make many of the games I like. (i.e. FPS, strategy, racing, flying etc.)

PS3 and its labyrinth hardware was a nightmare for developers,this is why both microsoft and sony will go for fimiliar architecture of PC.And it will be much easier to port games to PC.And cheaper .

I wonder how will Battlefield 4 look like,its gonna use all of its frostbite 2 engine finally and 64 players for consoles,could be awsome.

Have a strange feeling that new gen consoles will be more of "entertainment" consoles than "gamer".

Wii u will be nice for 1,2 year before new Unreal and Crisis engine come,than its gonna be all about xbox and ps.

Wii u should have been released 3 years ago.Now its just to late for that kind of hardware.Not to mention i have no interest in super mario or zelda.

Other games that came out at 1080p had horrible framerate issues (Ghostbusters). So that's one big improvement I'm looking forward to on the next gen.

Recently found out that Ghostbusters wasn't rendered in native 1080p, it was only 576i which means the engine running it was horrible to have so much slowdown!

The point still being that next gen consoles will run most games at 1080p natively which will be a huge performance in graphics quality over what we usually have now in 720p.

I'm assuming they will be able to output 4k to play Blu Ray 2.0 but games will not be rendered in this format natively.

I don't think that anyone is really chomping at the bit for the next gen are they? Every single gamer I know has a huge backlog of games they've yet to play or finish on the current gen and most are content with the quality of current games. It's always nice to have the new shiny toy but if it didn't come for another 4 or 5 years would anyone complain? I don't think I would unless I had a 4k TV I wanted to watch movies on.

Well its not only about graphics,graphics in next gen will be of course better,but why next gen is needed after almost 8 years is because games cant be improved more in this gen.

Next gen will bring at least 4gb ram and much better cpu,which for example can make battlefield 4,5 have destruction on every piece of object on map,much better physics,sound,or make 100 player online map,can make open-world games MUCH more bigger,in GTA give AI pedestrians different personality or make car crashes,physics even more realistic and so on..