How's The Weather Right Now? Raining?

I consulted the Wikipedia page on Koh Samui, it says November is a rainy month, wondering if rainy season is still on there and what I can anticipate; flying into Bangkok tomorrow and heading south from there....if it's too rainy wondering maybe I should go to Railay instead? I hear Lamai is really nice and has a good gym, which is priority for me.

A

The forecast for the next 7 days is looking fine as I write it is sunny where I live Maenam Yes November/December is the Rainy season but this year we have had so much of the stuff maybe November will be Okay it is a case of fingers and toes crossed !!!!!!!!!

Hello, depends of the day...

Today, beautiful.

Sometimes rainy.

On evenings a BIT cold...

http://samuiwebcam.com/#

Evening Cold Where !!!!!! or do you sit with your air con on In 6 years the only cold I have had was the flue have never had the need to wear a jacket scalf hat or gloves although I see Tesco have started to sell them. If you call 15 c 58 F in the evening cold then what do you call hot !!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yes - November is normally wet and rainy. Not yet here on Samui. (We are wishing for rain right now - severe drought this year!))

Look at

http://www.windguru....ex.php?sc=30397

for a regularly updated site. (Refresh every 2 - 3 hours to stay on top of it.)

Regarding cold - unless you have lived here for a while, not a problem.

Daytime - feels like temp is 36 - 38 degrees C.

Nighttime is 26 - 28 degrees C. Yes, to me, that feels cold (a 10 degree drop)! I sleep under a quilt every night and no a/c. If you are straight off a plane from Europe - it's not cold!

• Like 2

The only places it might get down to 15c is up in the hills, places most people don't go!!! (unless they live here) whistling.gif

Coldest I ever recorded here in Maenam, is 18 c, and that might be two or three mornings a year (January) .... but you can sometimes feel a wind chill in the evenings on a bike...

As for rain, I am beginning to think we are not going to see big rains this November, there seems to be some short showers in the evenings or at night...

Having said that, I got caught in a light shower coming over the Nathon hill into Baan Por, this morning, .... So can be very localized.... and not last long! wink.png

I can remember a few years ago sitting by the beach in Khanom early evening and feeling very cold .........if anyones interested! saai.gif

I can beat that.

Back when we had the BIG monsoon (six weeks of rain and major floods) we actually had a heater on in the bedroom during the night. We are 46 meters above sea level coffee1.gif. (Does that count as 'up in the hills'?)

I was up with the birds this morning, perfect sunrise between Samui and Koh Phengan.... perfect sea there and back !!!

It does not get much better than this!!!! ...... here we are November 7th !

Tons of people waiting to board day trip boats with Grand Sea Adventure tours, to Koh Toa and National Marine park...

post-85461-0-21786300-1352265031_thumb.j

post-85461-0-13484500-1352265300_thumb.j

post-85461-0-37204300-1352265425_thumb.j

post-85461-0-61457800-1352265689_thumb.j

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

I was up with the birds this morning, perfect sunrise between Samui and Koh Phengan.... perfect sea there and back !!!

It does not get much better than this!!!! ...... here we are November 7th !

Tons of people waiting to board day trip boats with Grand Sea Adventure tours, to Koh Toa and National Marine park...

Nice one Jim.

You are spot on. The mornings are gorgeous at the moment. I get up at 6 am every day to walk the dog. BUT - my place faces west. Still, it's great to see the sun light up the island as it slowly rises.

Nought, last night, in my area of Maenam, it sure looked like there would be, but a good down pour, this morning starting around 6.30...... now down to a light drizzle~ !

Power out for about half and hour, bless those guys who fixed it so quickly~!!! thumbsup.gif

POP showing about 40% for the day... so maybe more ..... maybe not! wink.png

put it this way now is the rainy season. so rain or no rain it could hit any time then it might not. its like spinning a wheel. so today might be fine and tomorrow might rain right through novemeber into december.

don;t go on weather forcasts they are crap every where in the world.

so if i was spending allot of money on a holiday then i would not come in the rainy season. u might be lucky but u cannot complain if you find ytourself knee deep in water next week

on the plus side things are supposedly cheeper in this low season

Edited by BigC

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly on that link Rooo posted in pinned topics this morning, shows average rainfall on Samui for November at being 17 inches... (do you ever sleep, Rooo, or do you spend day and night searching for interesting links!!! ?) thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Someone the other day said he'd recorded 17" of rain this month, close to Maenam, .... so add a few days of a bit more rain, we are close to average...

Obviously it is going to vary a bit around the island wink.png

But the way it rained on and off so often, helped give the rain a chance to penetrate the ground, with little if any serious flooding

Gardens happy and wells should be topped up! thumbsup.gif

Wow the sun has just come out ...!!!

Link to pinned topics..,

http://www.myweather...te-profile.aspx

Edited by samuijimmy