How To Get There Overland From Bangkok? Bus Or Train?

Hi, You have two choices. One is the bus / train to Chumphon and then the ferry to Samui via Koh Tao, KPG and then Samui or the bus / train to Surat Thani and then the ferry direct to Samui. The first you spend less time on the bus and more on the ferry. Around 4 hours with stops from Chumpon and 1.5 hours from Surat. I tend to only take the trains now after so many bus accidents. thumbsup.gif

You can buy a bus ticket directly to Samui at the southern bus terminal in Bangkok.

Sombat tours and the Transport company (999) has buses that go direct to Samui.

Trains go to Phun Pin outside Surattani, where you have to take a 1,5 hour bus to Donsak and then the ferry to Samui.

I have a few bags, not amenable to local flight bag-limit conditions, so am wondering about bus or train travel, would it be Surat Thani I go to, or another place on the mainland, in order to get to Koh Samui easily?

Or are airline extra-bag fees not so bad?

Depending on how much time you have at the airport, try looking at sending your extra bags via bangkok airways freight sevice. If you have time it will probably be on the same plane as you. Not sure where the drop off point is at bangkok but pick up in samui is the old terminal. Surprisingly cheap and good service from Bangkok airways.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have a few bags, not amenable to local flight bag-limit conditions, so am wondering about bus or train travel, would it be Surat Thani I go to, or another place on the mainland, in order to get to Koh Samui easily?

Or are airline extra-bag fees not so bad?

Depending on how much time you have at the airport, try looking at sending your extra bags via bangkok airways freight sevice. If you have time it will probably be on the same plane as you. Not sure where the drop off point is at bangkok but pick up in samui is the old terminal. Surprisingly cheap and good service from Bangkok airways.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I agree . Just send your bags cargo. From memory, mind you that was years ago , 99KG BBQ 1200 Baht..

Its just bonfire night PS and already with the Xmas decorations ? whistling.gif

Just a tad early don't you think old chap ? wink.png

Went to Makro today and they have stated to sell Christmas trees and turkey now.

Ho, ho ,ho

Take them down lol , it's not even December

Its just bonfire night PS and already with the Xmas decorations ? whistling.gif

Just a tad early don't you think old chap ? wink.png

Went to Makro today and they have stated to sell Christmas trees and turkey now.

Ho, ho ,ho

offtopic.giftongue.png Looks like we've got to train the new mod!!!!! biggrin.png ha ha ho!!! ..... Actually they were putting them up last week, the big trees not cheap! wink.pngbiggrin.png