30 Day Extension For Aussie Tourist

I'm a bit out of touch with the latest rules. We have an Oz friend staying who wants to stay longer - 30 days or maybe 60 days. My understanding is that she would need to fly out and back in, to get another 30 day visa exemption on arrival. Can she do that twice and is Singapore the closest destination ? Is there any other way she can get a 30 day extension without leaving LOS ?

If planning longer than the 30 days it might be worthwhile to obtain a tourist visa from a Consulate and return on that for 60 day stay that could be extended another 30 days if required. Travel would not have to be by air with a visa and most places it is next day issue.

I believe he mentioned it.

"...to get another 30 day visa exemption on arrival."

It might be a good idea if your friend visited a Thai Consulate and got a tourist visa. That would be good for 60 days and can be extended for another 30 days inside Thailand.

And yes, she could fly out-in twice and get two more visa exempt entries.

Terry

What about this for a question?

Say if I wanted to travel in Thailand with my 30 day exemption visa but only spent 10 days , then went to other countries and returned by land, how long should I have left? 15 ( by the new 15 day rule) or 20 day still left over from my original visa exemption pass?

Going to be there real soon need to find out... Sorry for crashing topic couldn't find anything closer than this to post on.

BTW from what I can tell, what ever happens, if you fly in you have 30 days full stop. They may cap that though at 60 total but apparently it's not real clear in the translation of the new rule.

That is a visa exempt entry and it ends when you leave unless you buy a re-entry permit to keep it alive for the original permitted to stay time (not many do as you get a new visa exempt entry with a new return). Visa exempt for most nationalities allowed this is 30 days by air arrival and 15 days by land arrival. There is no cap.