Christmas Day Dinner And Party? Where Is The Best Place?

raybarrell

I have lived here in Thailand for 4 years and have yet to find a great place to celebrate Xmas Day!

Can anyone please recommend a venue where one can have a good Xmas dinner, the full monty, and also possible dancing, or a party atmosphere!

I know that Thailand does not recognise our Festive Ocassion , but there must be a Farang bar/ Restaurant where it is all happening??

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

I've been in and out of Thailand since 1972 and without a doubt, the best Christmas parties have been at a close friend's house. Or even an acquaintance for that matter. On the occasion, several of us (foreigners) get together at one or the other's house for presents, dinner, drink and songs...even American football and it's always a blast. Last year we spent the day at an Englishman's house in Ubon Ratchathani and I experienced my first taste of Christmas pudding. It's very similar to an American fruit cake, soft and with a touch of liqueur and cream poured over the top...excellent. This year's gathering will no doubt be as fun filled as those in the past. I hope you find someone having a private party such as those I've experienced here, and if not, drop me a message on or about the 15th of December and I'm sure I can get you on the guest list. Sorry, not the full Monty, but sure to be great fun!

Off topic post removed, Can we please at least try to answer the OPs question.

I am sure a lot of other people will also be interested in this topic.

We assume he is talking about Pattaya but maybe he can confirm that.

OP, you may want to have a look at this link;

http://www.jamesons-....com/xmas.php

Xmas dinner is consistantly good value, and personally I think this year more so than other years even. Also, you can be sure of a festive atmosphere! You will probably need to book soon (as I have).

Xmas dinner is consistantly good value, and personally I think this year more so than other years even. Also, you can be sure of a festive atmosphere! You will probably need to book soon (as I have).

Looks good and priced pretty keen...just the dessert seems a little measly...only pudding and fresh fruits?

Looks good and priced pretty keen...just the dessert seems a little measly...only pudding and fresh fruits?

For 595bt all you can eat and on the 25th bugger the only pudding & fruit cheap as chip's.

All you can eat Xmas dinner for 595 Baht, with Xmas pudding, custard, and fresh fruit. What more could you wish for, cheese board, dates, possibly pancakes, hot crossed buns, or an easter egg!! thumbsup.gif Come on, I think, "a little measly" is rather OTT.

Please let me know what your Xmas dinner is like elsewhere, and how much it cost.

Seasons Greetings

Not pudding as in American pudding. Brits call all deserts puddings (I am pretty sure)

I still kind of like the semi-outdoor dinner at the Lek Hotel. One year they even used real Turkeys and they carved the meat off the carcass and with bones. That is pretty rare these days. Most just serve up crap turkey pressed stuff. Tequila reef was OK. Pig and Whistle or Butcher Arms OK.

Not pudding as in American pudding. Brits call all deserts puddings (I am pretty sure)

Yes and No. Brits do sometimes refer to desserts in general as puddings, but in the case of Christmas pudding it is very specific. A fruit pudding traditionally flamed in brandy.