Hi I Am New To Chiang Mai

banjo284

Hello im a NOOBY I have lived in Thailand almost 3 years now but new to Chiang Mai(2months) I have home in Hang dong are there any bars close by? just thinking of having a few jars on a weekend and maybe watch some football/soccer and get to meet a few folks.

age restrictions?

Hong Dong I don't think WTK cares. Remember he was the only one to show up to meet the other Hong Dongers.whistling.gif

How far out in Hang Dong? Tha Prachan is a nice and popular pub, it's on the corner where Big C is. Some options on the Middle Ring too.

It's not that far into town though; that would always be my preference.

From my house there has to be 40+ bars to go to. Although not expat bars which there are a couple. If your into drinking with locals and having a chat with girls, live music and very good prices compared to a "expat bar" Hang Dong is the place to be.

Unless your the type of person that needs to be surrounded by fellow countryman.

I am in Tarn Dong,part of the Kad Farang complex it has a Clubhouse but I have not seen it open yet,I dont mind having a few beers with the locals.

My gf and I turned off 108 and looked around Kad Farang the other day on our way to San Pa Tong. I was pleasantly surprised by the development. What can you tell me ( and TV members) about this place? Prices? All farang? My gf claims that Thai families also live there.

Yes I would say it is mostly Thai families here,it is a very quiet place,is has a Rim Ping supermarket well stocked with Farang food,a very busy market on Weds and Sun evenings and a swimming pool currently being refurbished I hear.Prices are reasonable it really depends what you want and your bargaing skills :).

I am in Tarn Dong,part of the Kad Farang complex it has a Clubhouse but I have not seen it open yet,I dont mind having a few beers with the locals.

Rosewood is a nice restaurant where you can have a good evening with the right company. I believe there is a British themed pub there as well but I've never been.

Still it's better to drive into town and have all the options in the world. (Well, all the options in Chiang Mai)

My gf and I turned off 108 and looked around Kad Farang the other day on our way to San Pa Tong. I was pleasantly surprised by the development. What can you tell me ( and TV members) about this place? Prices? All farang? My gf claims that Thai families also live there.

i can't tell if you are actually being serious or are that naive to think kad falang is 'all falang'. "My gf claims that Thai families also live there." ah well this Thailand no?

i can't tell if you are actually being serious or are that naive to think kad falang is 'all falang'. "My gf claims that Thai families also live there." ah well this Thailand no?

I'm serious,and maybe I am naive. I remember driving around the shops about 3 or 4 years ago, and they were being built to accomodate farangs according to my gf. So I looked at the empty shops and shrugged, and never gave it another thought. When I saw the residential area last month, I was surprised. I just wanted to ask Banjo what the prices were like, and the demographics.

If there was a sub-division in my town back home named "Suites For Sheiks", for example, that was built for wealthy Arab expats, I would express surprise if native born, non arab American families lived there too.