Us Election Televisedin Cm?

Johpa

I don't think any bar or restaurant would want to put that up. Like watching paint dry. tongue.png

I have WeTV, and other than Fox, they have Channel News Asia (Singapore) which is offering live US election returns.

BBC World, ABC (Australia) and some of the others will probably be offering occasional updates as results come in.

Anyone with True has CNN, so find someone you can visit, and bring lots of popcorn and liquid refreshments...wink.png

Also check this out: http://www.chiangmai...ews.php?id=1030

Where to Watch the US Elections Live

CityNews – Besides turning on the television or streaming on the internet, you might also be interested in knowing where you can watch the elections with a crowd of like likeminded – or perhaps not – people.

The US Consulate informed CityNews that Payap University International Campus will be hosting an event that will show the elections live. Bear in mind though that Chiang Mai is twelve hours behind US Eastern time.

Dems Abroad, as well as other interested parties, will be going to the UN Irish Pub. The Irish Pub will be opening their doors early on Wednesday morning, November 7th, at 8.30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

I do believe , for those with lap top or similar devices, that it will be on tomorrow morning on the Al Jazeera Network. Contrary to what many with pre conceived ideas, it is a pretty middle of the road and neutral news reporting.

As far as restaurants go, The Pun Pun is open for breakfast at 7AM and if someone does have a laptop and would like to come out with 2 or 3 others , you would be able to wifi into the coverage and discuss within your own like minded group

G

CityNews – Besides turning on the television or streaming on the internet, you might also be interested in knowing where you can watch the elections with a crowd of like likeminded – or perhaps not – people.

The US Consulate informed CityNews that Payap University International Campus will be hosting an event that will show the elections live. Bear in mind though that Chiang Mai is twelve hours behind US Eastern time.

Dems Abroad, as well as other interested parties, will be going to the UN Irish Pub. The Irish Pub will be opening their doors early on Wednesday morning, November 7th, at 8.30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to join.

Where is the Irish Pub? New in town.

Where is the Irish Pub? New in town.

It's here, on Ratwithi Road: http://goo.gl/maps/MPDGf

(So that's North of Thapae Gate along the moat, then left into Ratwithi Road where the Siam COmmercial Bank is on the corner. Then it's on your right hand side. Good breakfasts too.)

I think it's really interesting.

Two billion dollars spent to try and get one of these bozo's to rule the world!

Fair enough.

And after all that, the conclusion will be the status quo:

President Obama / Republican House of Reps / Democratic Senate

At least the Republicans can stop their 'Nyet' attutide of derailing and stifling everything, as there's no third term to be had. Showing they can play ball would be a pretty sane strategy to have a shot against Hillary in 2016.

• Like 1

I think it's really interesting.

Two billion dollars spent to try and get one of these bozo's to rule the world!

Fair enough.

And after all that, the conclusion will be the status quo:

President Obama / Republican House of Reps / Democratic Senate

At least the Republicans can stop their 'Nyet' attutide of derailing and stifling everything, as there's no third term to be had. Showing they can play ball would be a pretty sane strategy to have a shot against Hillary in 2016.

Hope springs eternal whistling.gif

It's here, on Ratwithi Road: http://goo.gl/maps/MPDGf

(So that's North of Thapae Gate along the moat, then left into Ratwithi Road where the Siam COmmercial Bank is on the corner. Then it's on your right hand side. Good breakfasts too.)

Thanks!!!! That's right around the corner from the hotel I am staying at. Think I might go over for a pint later on. I will definitely be there tomorrow. I so miss msnbc don't understand why all the hotels have just Fox News for Americans. I end up watching BBC or Aljezeera but tomorrow it will be nice to watch CNN with Demos Abroad.

Was watching Max Kieser, his take was that Obama is just ignorant and does what the banks tell him, but that Romney would really open the deregulation flood gates to even more massive fraud. So it seems on the balance Romney would achieve complete national bankruptcy quicker, so for the voters seems it is whether you like to pull the band aide fast or slow, same outcome ensues. However it does seem like there will be four more years of "Change You Can Believe In", this election is a truly rivetting event of the choice between two bought and paid for candidates that stand for nothing, doubt if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I think the topic was "US Election Televised In CM", as in where.

For discussions that are political in nature, there are other places on the forum where one can expound to your heart's content.

I think the question has been answered where those who want to watch the US election returns can view them in CM.

I'll close this now, as the question has been answered.

If anyone has another locale where live coverage is being shown, PM me and I will re-open and include that update, and thanks for your understanding.

• Like 2