Old People's Homes In Thailand

Neeranam

Some of my friends and I were discussing opening an old people's home in Isaan for farang codgers.

I heard there were some Japanese one's around the country - does anyone know where they are?

I'd like to get in touch with them.

I also heard that there was already one for farang in Surin, but I think that was a joke!

Seem to recall reading that Japan was exporting its oldies to Oz at one stage.

Seriously though I've heard worse business ideas, there will be an ever growing amount of old codgers in LOS not all of whom will have families, Thai or otherwise, all of the relevant costs are far lower than the West. For sure if I'm ever in that situation after reading all the horror stories here in the UK of abuse etc I know where I would rather enter my dotage...

Someone told me there is a large concentration of Japanese in north SriRacha area and one of the biggest japanese grocery store is also located here as well. Japanese foods here are also cheaper and tastier than in BKK.

You can also take a look at the scandinavian retirement village in Bangsaen beach area locates a few blocks from the beach with the church nearby.

SriRacha and Bangsaen beach are both in Chonburi province.

Edited by BKK90210

I have read a while ago in a free paper distributed in Japanese community here that there's a TAT backed project to build Moo Baans with each gated communities for retirees of different nationals under planning and the first of such a project will be kicked off in Chiang Mai (could be Hua Hin, don't remember well), starting with Japanese and British village.

There is already a nursing home for Japanese (a condo) on Narathiwat Rd. in Bangkok not far from BTS Chongnonsri station under management by a Japanese comapny. I've never heard of Moo Baan or nursing home for Japanese in Isaan though.

And yes, as somebody mentioned Gold Coast of Australia and Chiang Mai seem to be two of the most popular overseas retirement destination for Japanese living on pension. But a some of Japanese I know (including property developer) seem to think such a project targeting Japanese elderlies are prone to failure and I tend to agree.

The largest concentration of the Japanese community is in Bangkok of course.

Edited by Nordlys