Pattaya British Consulate To Close

The following is posted today on the British Embassy website :

With these goals in mind, we are about to change the way we work in Pattaya. British nationals in difficulty in Pattaya will in future receive consular assistance directly from the experienced team at the Embassy in Bangkok, supported by a new Honorary Consul in Pattaya. Notarial and documentary services will be provided in Bangkok. The current, small Consulate office will close. For those travelling to Bangkok from Pattaya we will aim to provide a same day service. Embassy staff will continue to visit Pattaya regularly to maintain contact with British residents and, when needed, to help people in difficulty. We are confident that these new arrangements – further details to be announced on our web site shortly - should result in a more consistent and reliable level of service for both those in need of urgent help, and those needing routine notarial services. They reflect what we have implemented in other countries across the world. We will be monitoring the new arrangements carefully, and welcome your feedback on this and the other services we offer.

Edited by VisasPlus

Again, the British government strives to help and assist its citizens in any way it can!

"I've an idea, Rupert, let's close the consulate and still charge £50 for a letter for the rabble!"

"Top hole, Hector".

Lets face it...........milage allowance....lunch allowance....away from base allowance........no other way to go smile.png

Not good for us Pattaya dwellers who will have to trail to Bangkok to submit and collect notarization. Lets hope that they can do it within the same day, otherwise this will be a problem for us non retiree's.

They do say that they "will aim to provide a same day service" !

All concerned Brits should make their feelings known to the Embassy. Complaining here will not achieve anything, unfortunately.

Lets hope so. I also doubt that complaining to the British Embassy will make any difference.

Lets face it...........milage allowance....lunch allowance....away from base allowance........no other way to go smile.png

Not good for us Pattaya dwellers who will have to trail to Bangkok to submit and collect notarization. Lets hope that they can do it within the same day, otherwise this will be a problem for us non retiree's.

Think yourself lucky. Australians hav e to travel from wherever they are to BKK to get the income letter. I live in ChiangRai now. At least the British Embassy will do them by mail.

Think yourself lucky. Australians hav e to travel from wherever they are to BKK to get the income letter. I live in ChiangRai now. At least the British Embassy will do them by mail.

I was not aware of that Harry, tuf for the Aussies then. Mail would be a good solution for us Brits.

Hear Hear. The Pom's have it easy with a consulate in Pattaya. Now they will have travel to BKK like the rest of us Expats bah.gifclap2.gif

Hear Hear. The Pom's have it easy with a consulate in Pattaya. Now they will have travel to BKK like the rest of us Expats bah.gifclap2.gif

That's an incredibly selfish attitude.

• Like 1

They do say that they "will aim to provide a same day service" !

All concerned Brits should make their feelings known to the Embassy. Complaining here will not achieve anything, unfortunately.

Lets hope so. I also doubt that complaining to the British Embassy will make any difference.

Complaining does make a difference, never had any problems getting my wifes Uk visa, then once they issued it and there was a mistake and the visa was useless, i made a complaint and when i re-applied they turned her down.

Your talking out of your hoop mate, the Brit Consulate do the income letter by mail, also you can telephone them and explain any probs, good service.

Some of us have to travel 400 km each way to visit the embassy in BKK or the consulate in Chaing Mai, and we don't whine about it.

Edited by billd766

Harry, I was up in Chiang Mai recently and my brother got his Proof of Income letter from the Australian consulate there. He used the letter for his 12 month extension on retirement grounds. No probs from Immigration in CM. Save heaps on travelling to BKK