Rampant & Blatant Drug Use Among Farangs

HardenedSoul

Especially when it seems that even do drug test at croad checkpoints in DAY TIME !

(one friend was checked for drug at 9 am)

But I guess that if you have 1 or 2 millioms thb to waste you can do what you want !

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Especially when it seems that even do drug test at croad checkpoints in DAY TIME ! (one friend was checked for drug at 9 am)

But I guess that if you have 1 or 2 millioms thb to waste you can do what you want !

Not sure what your point is about morning testing, that all the druggies are sleeping it off? Or maybe you think the test only comes up positive when you're actually under the influence like alcohol?

Actually you'll show up positive weeks later, and the biggest drug problem here is amphetamines which abusers don't tend to sleep that much. . .

@ BigJohnnyBKK

This is my opinion and I stand by it.

I have every right to express my view as you do.

And I will say it again, "drug users and pushers

are losers and low-lives whatever their colour or

"status".

Okay ?

Do you drink alcohol? Smoke cigarettes?

Edited by Trembly

going into a private cubicle is not blatant use. you probably wont find cops listening or peeking into cubicles looking for drug use. i guess you heard a snort here and there but the chances of getting caught doing a quick snort in a cubicle are nill to none.

did he have a boner?

going into a private cubicle is not blatant use. you probably wont find cops listening or peeking into cubicles looking for drug use. i guess you heard a snort here and there but the chances of getting caught doing a quick snort in a cubicle are nill to none.

did he have a boner?

Well, three people going into a "private" cubicle in a nightclub leaves no one in any doubt as to what they are doing so, to other patrons and toilet attendants, it's blatant.

If, on the other hand, you go in alone, then it's not blatant since, as far as others are concerned, you could be going to take a dump.

As for cops or security taking a peek over the top or under the bottom of the cubicle is concerned, I'll assume you're far too advanced in years to have been to a house or hip hop club in the last 30 years and, consequently, excuse your ignorance.

@ BigJohnnyBKK

"status".

Okay ?

I do not drink alcohol nor do I smoke.

And when I use the word "drugs" I meant drugs like heroin, crack,

cocaine, cannabis, LSD and the like. You do not call people who

use alcohol (even to the excess) or who smoke drug users !

Tell the Thai government to clap all alcohol users and smokers in

Bangkok Hilton if you class these two as "drugs" !!

All drug users and pushers deserve their time in jail whatever their

colour or status.

I will not respond to any more BS questions or comments regarding

this.

Young people take risks....seek buzzes....get high.

I used to do it....but thankfully that part of my life is mostly over.

I wouldn't take such risks in Thailand now....but I could be persuaded to try E or weed in the right circumstances in the Dam for instance. Maybe. :P

Doing illegal drugs in Thailand is nuts. Sure many may get away with it but those that don't, it's really not a good time from then on. In Australia people usually just get a slap on the wrist the first time for personal use.

I wouldn't take such risks in Thailand now....but I could be persuaded to try E or weed in the right circumstances in the Dam for instance. Maybe. tongue.png

Opium teaches only one thing, which is that aside from physical suffering, there is nothing real.

Andre Malraux

@ BigJohnnyBKK

"status".

Okay ?

colour or status.

this.

Wait your willing to make a statement like that and not defend it? Most people with such dogmatic views are at least willing to back them up with junk science of some type. Or maybe some personal experiences.

I guess I'm just surprised you are willing to call many of the recent US presidents losers and low-lives. You are also calling many of the titans of business losers, not to mention scientific visionaries. But I guess you are welcome to your opinion.

As for the topic at hand, why do drugs in Thailand? The same reason you would do them at home. I'm not a regular user by any means, but I wouldn't turn down a bump from a friend in the right circumstances, the risks are relatively minor. Yes the punishment is stiff, but the odds of getting caught are extremely low. I do more risky things every day, like riding on a motorcycle taxi or riding a bicycle through traffic.

Well then in his eyes you're as much low-life scum as those druggie world leaders.

If someone tells you in all seriousness "don't hire a Burmese maid, they're all thieves and could sell your children into slavery" would you bother arguing with him?

@ BigJohnnyBKK

"status".

Okay ?

colour or status.

this.

Wait your willing to make a statement like that and not defend it? Most people with such dogmatic views are at least willing to back them up with junk science of some type. Or maybe some personal experiences.

I guess I'm just surprised you are willing to call many of the recent US presidents losers and low-lives. You are also calling many of the titans of business losers, not to mention scientific visionaries. But I guess you are welcome to your opinion.

As for the topic at hand, why do drugs in Thailand? The same reason you would do them at home. I'm not a regular user by any means, but I wouldn't turn down a bump from a friend in the right circumstances, the risks are relatively minor. Yes the punishment is stiff, but the odds of getting caught are extremely low. I do more risky things every day, like riding on a motorcycle taxi or riding a bicycle through traffic.

Unfortunately some of our more mature netizens here at Thai Visa simply cannot understand this point of view. They have been told all their lives that drugs are the province of the depraved, degenerate and immoral.

To these people they are an unknown and misunderstood commodity, and therefore the root of all evil.

They simply cannot understand that. to a very significant number of people, the occasional bump, joint or pill is simply part of a night out, or in for that matter.

interestingly many of these same people think nothing of getting legless most evenings on cheap beer or thai whiskey, but can see no parallels in their behavior with that of the people they so strongly disapprove.

colour or status.

this.

Unfortunately some of our more mature netizens here at Thai Visa simply cannot understand this point of view. They have been told all their lives that drugs are the province of the depraved, degenerate and immoral.

To these people they are an unknown and misunderstood commodity, and therefore the root of all evil.

They simply cannot understand that. to a very significant number of people, the occasional bump, joint or pill is simply part of a night out, or in for that matter.

interestingly many of these same people think nothing of getting legless most evenings on cheap beer or thai whiskey, but can see no parallels in their behavior with that of the people they so strongly disapprove.

I don't know man. I grew up in the 1960's. If you remember it you weren't there.biggrin.png

post-73727-0-69917300-1352264610_thumb.j

• Like 1

colour or status.

this.

I don't know man. I grew up in the 1960's. If you remember it you weren't there.biggrin.png

point taken, however attitudes towards drugs in the 60's were very polarized

point taken, however attitudes towards drugs in the 60's were very polarized

I believe in the 60's in Thailand the Army and Police had a small war over opium shipping rights.

Young people take risks....seek buzzes....get high.

I used to do it....but thankfully that part of my life is mostly over.

I wouldn't take such risks in Thailand now....but I could be persuaded to try E or weed in the right circumstances in the Dam for instance. Maybe. :P

I done them both in the Netherlands, prefered E but the days after are not that great.

I know plenty ppl back home uding it occasionally and having a good job certainly no loosers. Unfortunately there are alwsys people who overdo it. Then the trouble starts.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

I actually saw a more blatant usage tan The OP describes in a club in RCA. Not a big club but around 70% of the people were high on ecstasy. There was a group of 7 people extremely high andhandling and taking the pills in plain sight. Not sure if it's OK to say the name but it's a kind of light televisions are made of these days.

On another club there with a road name there were 2 guys so high on coke or methamphetamine that were so obvious.

I think it's a big risk here. I only smoke some weed at my apartment and it's been 1 time in the last year (I used to smoke the whole day back home).

Edited by kawaiimomo

Farangs who mess with illegal drugs in LOS are a sandwich short of a picnic. sad.png

I would say they are taking risks that I would not take. But that is their choice its not like they risk anyone but themselves. Unless they start driving and doing drugs.

IMHO is drunk driving much worse then doing some drugs at home or at a club if you don't harm anyone.

I know 2 people who were caught.

Both got off with donations, the most one paid was 20K and they gave him his drugs back lol

But yeah, get caught with the wrong policeman and your in some serious sheet

i have heard of this on a number of occasions too. And yes, they do let people keep the gear.

Thing is, thee wrong policeman is usually tucked up in bed while his dirty colleagues are stopping people outside clubs and in roadblocks to make a buck.

@ BigJohnnyBKK

"status".

Okay ?

colour or status.

this.

Drinkers and smokers are drug users whether you like it or not. They just happen to be more sociallymain-stream. What you're really saying is, socially non-mainstream drug users and sellers are low lifes but socially main-stream ones aren't. You sir, are a hypocrite.

• Like 2

Farangs who mess with illegal drugs in LOS are a sandwich short of a picnic. sad.png

That'd be the ones who consistently ask to get caught by the law and eventually do . . . bait.

The drug users who are more or less invisible to most people are switched on enough to be, well, invisible to most people whilst having a good time and not bothering anyone.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

@ BigJohnnyBKK

"status".

Okay ?

colour or status.

this.

Drinkers and smokers are drug users whether you like it or not. They just happen to be more sociallymain-stream. What you're really saying is, socially non-mainstream drug users and sellers are low lifes but socially main-stream ones aren't. You sir, are a hypocrite.

it would seem that the mainstream is making headway, at least in some places.

I wonder is consuming alcohol in Saudi or the UAE make you a druggie?

the lines seem pretty arbitrary to me

http://seattletimes....rijuana07m.html

Edited by tinfoilhat

Tinfoilhat:

I wonder is consuming alcohol in Saudi or the UAE make you a druggie?

the lines seem pretty arbitrary to me.

--

we all have our own perceptions of what is right and wrong,. I like a drink, and I rarely had to compromise in the UAE

SC

• Like 1