Rampant & Blatant Drug Use Among Farangs

HardenedSoul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had them given to me free on the beach!!!!

They were quickly destroyed!

Since Thaksin was ousted the problem has got lot worse, it's almost endemic similar to the bad old days.

why take them even long enough to destroy them

Why would anyone give away free drugs to a guy. Strange story.

nonsense quite likely

Why post nonsense?TFH

Without going in to too much detail, It was actually a true story!

Edited by Chittychangchang

I dont mind doing drugs.. but would not do them here. Just too risky, they can test you and then your in trouble.

i am doing drugs every day. beta-blocker to slow my heart rate, lipitor to keep my cholesterol down, some port wine for recreational purposes... wink.png

That was not the kind i was talking about, and the other kind been a long time for me. Even no alcohol anymore, purely for exercise purpose.

I find lifting the large Chang bottle repeatably to be good exercise, alcohol does have it's benefits unlike the scourge and evil menace that is drugs ie: smack off tinfoil, crack, yabba etc etc
  • Like 1

I dont mind doing drugs.. but would not do them here. Just too risky, they can test you and then your in trouble.

i am doing drugs every day. beta-blocker to slow my heart rate, lipitor to keep my cholesterol down, some port wine for recreational purposes... wink.png

That was not the kind i was talking about, and the other kind been a long time for me. Even no alcohol anymore, purely for exercise purpose.

I find lifting the large Chang bottle repeatably to be good exercise, alcohol does have it's benefits unlike the scourge and evil menace that is drugs ie: smack off tinfoil, crack, yabba etc etc

There are enough drugs that are no worse as alcohol. But be in denial its all bad, with a name like you i guess you cant even go without alcohol. Thought drugs only were addictive... anyway alcohol is classified as a drug and kills more people as any other drug.

I think it's only heroin that is physical addictive. The others are just mentally addictive.

they are all effecting your bodies recepters, the recepters are physical and crave the drug of choices chemical, sending them into a spin, making you want more.

I think it's only heroin that is physical addictive. The others are just mentally addictive.

they are all effecting your bodies recepters, the recepters are physical and crave the drug of choices chemical, sending them into a spin, making you want more.

Just like alcohol, if you look at its effects its classified as a hard drug.

Why point out that foreigners are doing it? It is rampant with Thais too,

I think there are many foreigners that are paranoid about drugs here. The fines are much here than where I come from(Scotland) for possession, not dealing. Plus, you can usually pay before going to court.

• Like 2

There are plenty of guys at Bkk Hilton that can sing sad songs when they found it they weren't untouchable after all.

Plenty of foreign guys in there for recreational use/personal possession? Are you sure?

I doubt it.. but still i don't risk it or feel the need to risk it.

There are plenty of guys at Bkk Hilton that can sing sad songs when they found it they weren't untouchable after all.

Plenty of foreign guys in there for recreational use/personal possession? Are you sure?

whatever, they deserve to be there.

I think there are many foreigners that are paranoid about drugs here. The fines are much here than where I come from(Scotland) for possession, not dealing. Plus, you can usually pay before going to court.

I think it's perfectly reasonable if people say they don't want to get into trouble and it's not worth it or whatever. It's also perfectly reasonable if people don't like illegal drugs and/or breaking the law. But I'm always amused at the people who get all dramatic and talk about somebody smoking weed or doing some lines facing the 'draconian drug laws of Thailand' etc. Some people even talk about facing the death penalty.

It's as you say: even by law the penalties aren't that extreme for people who aren't dealing and it would be a very rare instance indeed where one wasn't able to pay the "fine" without any accompanying paperwork or court appearances. (And I too know of instances where the confiscated substance was returned).

I doubt it.. but still i don't risk it or feel the need to risk it.

Don't blame you a bit. I was merely addressing the canard of any drug arrest leads to years and years in a Thai prison or maybe even the death penalty.

whatever, they deserve to be there.

Who deserves to be where? You've misunderstood It's my contention that there are NOT plenty of foreign guys in there for recreational use/personal possession. (As much as you might wish otherwise).

I agree for recreational use you can get off if you pay, you might have to spend time but not that long with money. My BIL got caught once with it after a month or so he paid up and got out. Doubt its different for foreigners was not that much money.

Would you call Mexicans shot by DEA agents dieing from Marijuana use? In that case there are a bunch of deaths per year.

I wouldn't (since I understand what "Marijuana use" means). I'd call them criminals getting killed in pursuing a criminal enterprise. What about you?

Laws are funny things. Some people think its ok to break some but not others.

All are man made and we know man makes mistakes.

Why do you guys think its not against the law to drink alcohol, but is to take a number of other drugs? Both are mind or perception disorienting, both can be abused, both can lead to death and both can destroy lives.

• Like 1

Why do you guys think its not against the law to drink alcohol, but is to take a number of other drugs?

Uhmmm... because that is precisely the case?

That's what I like to see. Total unquestioning of authority!

Why do you guys think its not against the law to drink alcohol, but is to take a number of other drugs?

Uhmmm... because that is precisely the case?

That's what I like to see. Total unquestioning of authority!

You aren't making any sense. Perhaps it's a language issue. Read again:

You asked a bizarre question: why do people think something that is true, is indeed true? To recognize that truth has zero to do with unquestioning obedience. (ie to acknowledge something is illegal is not to say one will not object to the law or even break said law)

Ok, sorry for the confusion.

Why do government make drugs such as cocaine, MDMA, cannabis, etc illegal given the similarities I gave?

Oh, now I see what you were saying! You were asking our opinion as to why is that way and not why do we think it's that way!

Sorry. And I'm not even under the influence. But I think I am going to bed rather than get into that...

• Like 1

I've seen a young man get 3 years prison for 1 gram of c, he had no money for BiB, he had no money for bail, he had no money for the prosecutor, and that put him in front of a Judge. Nobody wanted to see him do time, everyone thought he would find the money. The Judge was left with no choice but to hand down the normal penalty as the young man had stated he bought the c for his personal use. 3 years is the penalty.

I've seen a dealer of c, found in possession of c in amounts indicating supply. He had money for BiB, he had money for bail, and he had money for the prosecutor so the charges were dropped.

In the first case a payment of 200'000B would have ended the issue for the young man. He simply was unable to obtain the funds in time.

In the second case a payment of 3millionB ended the issue.

Time and time again I see people underestimate the financial help family and friends are willing to extend to those in custody, many times they simply don’t believe a payment will secure release or that the funds will not be paid back.

The door to drugs has happy entrée on the front and misery no exit on the back.

Most people have good boundaries, though when pressed, those boundaries are often flexible. Stand firm and say NO.

<Edited for fonts by endure>

​Please use the standard fonts. They are designed to be easy to read.

Time and time again I see people underestimate the financial help family and friends are willing to extend to those in custody

When I was thirteen and my parents became aware I was starting to experiment with drugs, my dad sat me down and told me straight not to bother calling him or mum if I was ever caught, he'd let me rot.

I believed him at the time but of course didn't pay any attention.

I now realize he was most likely bluffing, and in fact was doing his best to be a loving father piling on the "tough love" approach.

I'm glad the issue was never put to the test and I was able to stop screwing up my life, was able to make him proud before he passed on.

• Like 1

There are enough drugs that are no worse as alcohol. But be in denial its all bad, with a name like you i guess you cant even go without alcohol. Thought drugs only were addictive... anyway alcohol is classified as a drug and kills more people as any other drug.

Indeed, i believe you have hit the nail on the head. Addiction is all down to the personality and the scale of ones addiction. Be it the demon Chang, The Zone at the gym, a couple of lines of charlie in a cubical at Nana plaza or the internet! What's life without addiction.....boringly moderate.

@Chittychangchang

Im a firm believer that anyone should be able to do his drug of choice as long as he or she is not hurting or endangering anyone else but him or herself.

Addiction is something your susceptible for or not, some people turn into alcoholics some turn into junkies. But that does not mean that it should be forbidden for all.

But a gym addiction is not a real bad one better as the other addictions.

• Like 1