Re-Entry During Extension Consideration

Every year when one does their one-year extension, there is a proccessing period that last until one moth after the current extension expired.

Next year I have to leave the country in the period after I apply for my extension, but before I recieve the stamp. (My extension is due 12JAN13, but I won't recieve the stamp until 12FEB13 and need to leave the country 26JAN13-08FEB13).

I would like to know if this presents any problems with regards to the re-entry stamp. If I applied for one now, then it would expire on 12JAN13. The extension isn't actually granted until 12FEB13, so if I apply for one one say 18th FEB, is it accepted.

Or do I need to bring this up at the extension interview?

I've been here a lot of years now, but never had to leave during this period before.

Any help appreciated

The Blood Cat

Edited by bloody tiger

The reentry permit is only good for your current permission to stay which is 12 Jan 2013. So don't do it now! When you go into apply for your next extension, explain the situation to them and be sure that they stamp the 1 month extension in your passport giving you permission to stay until 13 Feb. Then apply for your single entry reentry permit. When you reenter make sure that you put the rentry permit number on your arrival card where it asks for visa number. They will stamp you in until 13 Feb. If you don't do this they will give you a visa exempt entry and you'll either have to have the stamp changed at Chaneg Watanna or start the process over again.

Thx for the reply Wayned, thats about what I'd figured but nice to hear it said as I've already bought my family's tickets (R/T to Australia for 4 for under 50K Baht....air asia....grab the cheap tickets and ask the questions later....which you ansered well, TY)

cheers, appreciate the feedback

The Blood Cat