The New Face Of Sukhumvit Pattaya Perhaps....

LennyW

Yeah they say 2 years to build in one of the most congested intersections in town - 2 years isn't that how long they said it would take to widen Thapraya Road hmmmm

Thankfully this being Sukhumvit it will come under the management of the highways department and not the local city hall, they did not take long to complete and open the motorway 7 extension into the middle of Pattaya - so i live in hope!!!

If it is completed as per the pics i think it would be very welcome.

Time will tell !!

• Like 1

Yeah they say 2 years to build in one of the most congested intersections in town - 2 years isn't that how long they said it would take to widen Thapraya Road hmmmm

Thankfully this being Sukhumvit it will come under the management of the highways department and not the local city hall, they did not take long to complete and open the motorway 7 extension into the middle of Pattaya - so i live in hope!!!

If it is completed as per the pics i think it would be very welcome.

Time will tell !!

Only about 15 years!

• Like 2

This will be interesting !

They can't keep the water out of down town when it rains, how will they keep the tunnels dry ?!

Or will this all be farmed out to a German company ?!

I can see the congestion for the next 5-7 years (that's what 2 years in thai means) ....

• Like 1

when is it scheduled to start.

Construction was scheduled to start 10/2012. Currently Soi Nernplubwan drainage infrastructure is being upgraded, unsure if it's related to the Suk Road intersection upgrade

Which intersection is it ?

Suk Road & Pattaya Klang

Pic 3 & 4 look to be Pattaya Klang, Pic 6 looks to be Pattaya Tai, Pic 5 could be Thepprasit / Kao Thalow, and 10 & 11 could be Pattaya Nua.

Think they have tried to represent them all????

Suk Road & Pattaya Klang

Pic 3 & 4 look to be Pattaya Klang, Pic 6 looks to be Pattaya Tai, Pic 5 could be Thepprasit / Kao Thalow, and 10 & 11 could be Pattaya Nua.

I cannot locate the press article making the project announcement, but from memory funding has only been allocated for upgrading the Suk Road & Pattaya Klang intersection.

That looks be to be nearly double the current width of Suk road, gunna be spendy to re-claim all that land that has buildings all over it.

Is there actually that much around the p klang intersection? They could widen it from the junction with route 7 i think

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

This will be interesting !

They can't keep the water out of down town when it rains, how will they keep the tunnels dry ?!

Or will this all be farmed out to a German company ?!

I can see the congestion for the next 5-7 years (that's what 2 years in thai means) ....

They plan to introduce a RORO ferry service during rainy season to take the cars from one side of the tunnel to the other.

Suk Road & Pattaya Klang

I cannot locate the press article making the project announcement, but from memory funding has only been allocated for upgrading the Suk Road & Pattaya Klang intersection.

Lovely, that will turn the bypass into a clusterfuc_k. time to move houses once this starts.