Foreign Company Operation In Thailand

davofromoz

I have found out that I dont need a thai company or work permit in the following situation and would like comments to either confirm or deny my information.

1. I have a foreign company that I already operate in Australia

2. I want to employ some thai accountants by this company and this company will be operating in thailand purely to employ some thai workers to assist our demand. Our main offices are still in Australia.

3. I wont be purchasing any property

4. The Thailand turnover will be nil as all turnover is earnt in the Australian company

I believe I can get an education visa for next 4 years to allow me to reside in Thailand while running my Australian company.

This is simple and will save many costs including the requirement to employ a certain number of thai's, company monthly fees etc etc

If anyone has some cheap office rental accomodation around the cha am or hua hin area let me know.

Thanks

Even though I am living there , I'm not actually "working" for a company in Thailand , I'm actually working for an Australian Company that happens to have another office in Thailand.

Its not a ploy, I will confirm with a Thai accounting firm also next week.

Its about residency and the business operations not occuring in Thailand. It is the same as if you had an internet based business that sold products in say USA only but nothing is stopping you living in Thailand and running your USA business from your laptop. Surely you wouldnt need a work permit for that.

If you have an office in Thailand, then any work done in that office is under Thai law, you need a WP.

This working from a lap top in Thailand, but business only happening in the USA, then you will be paying US taxes etc. as the Government would deem you to be working in the US.

All sounds very suspect and don't always believe what a lawyer or accountant tell you. They want your money in their pocket, when things go wrong you will be on your own. Jim

I would recommend your company researches the possible advantages of the Australian/Thai Free Trade agreement. Don't know if accountancy falls under the services definition within the agreement, but does permit the formation of a company in Thailand with 100% Australian ownership; as well as additional easing of business visas requirements etc for Australian nationals. Refer:

http://www.dfat.gov.au/fta/tafta/index.html

• Like 1

I would recommend your company researches the possible advantages of the Australian/Thai Free Trade agreement. Don't know if accountancy falls under the services definition within the agreement, but does permit the formation of a company in Thailand with 100% Australian ownership; as well as additional easing of business visas requirements etc for Australian nationals. Refer:

http://www.dfat.gov.au/fta/tafta/index.html

Thanks so much, this is perfect! Just another piece of the puzzle filled in. Owe you one , cheers