Costs Is Issan Village Life For A Thai?

chris1dna

It was really pathetic teenage girl stuff and I just told my gf to ignore them and the only reason they are talking shit is because they are jealous.

KunMatt

Its lucky you have just experienced pathetic teenage girlie stuff!

Unfortunetly I have seen down right evil stuff done to my lady because of jealousy. My lady was in crippling pain on an A&E bed and this farangs wife came to get her sisters phone number. We thought (stupidly) she was informing her family in Thai of our problem.

NO!....... She phoned her sister to try to get 20,000b for introducing her to a farang. the funny thing is she is renting out the SAME American farang to guillable stupid ladies searching for Mr ATM!

Whats sad is the American husband is living in denial of all this and many more evil goings on.

Seems you and Khun Matt's wife/GF live in "cesspool" Villages. rolleyes.gif

Never experienced that, live in Isaan.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time i went daddy came out smoking away on western cigarettes.

I told him if he can afford to smoke then he doesnt need any money from my wife.

He gave up smoking that day .

How you know, you live there?tongue.png

At least, he should smoke the cheaper local brands,

Lao cigarettes I buy for 3 Dollar for 200 sometimes for brother/father from GF,

or less in Lao-Nong Khai border, better they smoke, self rolled cigarettes so! wink.png

How are you called in your GF/wife family? The -scrooge-? <<Thai script removed>> rolleyes.gif

Edited by metisdead

I gave her $1500 cash before they left this time so that should more than cover them for this amount of time.

That is ok and well done.

Half way, between Udon Thani and Sakhon Nakhon, can be somewhere around,Nong Han and Sawang Den Ding, I stay not far from there. wink.png

Very near Warichaphum. bout and hour from Sawangdanding.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I have experienced this in many different locations over the years in Isaan so i dont think it just reflects on where i live now. Maybe I have just been unlucky in the people and places I have been. There are far more good guys out ther in the villages.

Edited by DILLIGAD

I have experienced this in many different locations over the years in Isaan so i dont think it just reflects on where i live now. Maybe I have just been unlucky in the people and places I have been. There are far more good guys out ther in the villages.

Don't take it personally. Judging from the time of the plethora of cynical posts at 3am from him I have a feeling he is just a drunken troll, but lets wait for him to explain how he came to that conclusion and exactly what a "cesspool village" is because as far as I can tell it is a term he just made up to try and patronise strangers about whom he knows nothing.

So ALFREDO, your move...

Edited by KunMatt
  • Like 2

Have to say we never experienced any of this bitchy, gossiping jealousy. In saying that I was and still am the only farang here.

As to the OP, think he must be tight with a dollar, or doesn't trust his wife with money. Married 10 years, 4 year old son and they don't have joint savings or credit cards.

I could have got it wrong, when we got married, it was supposed to be a partnership for life, not a long term rental. Jim

• Like 2

Ask a simple question and every loony under the sun pops up with off topic responses.

The OP,s question was ,"will 45k baht be sufficient to care for his wife ,son and MIL for two months".

My answer as a resident of the area for 10 years is yes ,it will cover their living expenses plus most other unexpected expenses that may arise,even the western "luxuries " from the local 7/11 that the westernised child may desire.

Ask a simple question and every loony under the sun pops up with off topic responses.

The OP,s question was ,"will 45k baht be sufficient to care for his wife ,son and MIL for two months".

My answer as a resident of the area for 10 years is yes ,it will cover their living expenses plus most other unexpected expenses that may arise,even the western "luxuries " from the local 7/11 that the westernised child may desire.

If every thread was met with a straight answer and no colourful discussion followed about related and unrelated waffling stories then there would only be 2 or 3 replies to each topic and this would be a very boring place indeed.

Suggest you try Yahoo Answers as that would fit more in with what you are thinking about.

Have to say we never experienced any of this bitchy, gossiping jealousy. In saying that I was and still am the only farang here.

As to the OP, think he must be tight with a dollar, or doesn't trust his wife with money. Married 10 years, 4 year old son and they don't have joint savings or credit cards.

I could have got it wrong, when we got married, it was supposed to be a partnership for life, not a long term rental. Jim

Not that explaining to you that we DO in fact have joint accounts on everything would solve your jumping to conclusions. That she has her own credit cards. But yes. I watch every dollar that comes in and out if the this household. It's part of my job. One that she would rather not have to deal with. I hate dealing with bills and investments and worrying about a properly funded retirement and all that crap. It's life though. This has been a far more interesting thread than I would have ever imagined. I'm still fairly new to TV but I'm already starting to develop a sense of knowing you guys. A real mix in here for sure. From sage thoughtful responses of seemingly happy adjusted expats to sour puss topic drifters who remind me of the two old coots on the muppet show. Cracks me up. Pretty amazing what a fairly straightforward question can bring. Thanks again guys as always. Good stuff in here. :)

• Like 1

That wasn't his original question at all.

In post 16 he stated that he gave her $1500 after asking some questions here.....

Edited by MrRed

I told him if he can afford to smoke then he doesnt need any money from my wife.

or less in Lao-Nong Khai border, better they smoke, self rolled cigarettes so! wink.png

How are you called in your GF/wife family? The -scrooge-? <<Thai script removed>> rolleyes.gif

Rather be know as the scrooge than as the buffalo.

Not all of us are sad losers who have to buy a girl and her family.

In answer to rg2001.

Im known as my name in the village they call me richie.

Im no scrooge and il take the familly out for a meal drinks ect when i want to.

Last time i was there i gave the elderly granny 1000 baht. Over the moon she was even asked if i had checked with the wife to see if its ok. Some thai people are the salt of the earth and i genuinly respect them.

Others like i see in the village fleecing farangs year on year are not worth the time off day.

Its all about face. I couldnt give a monkeys what some thai farmer says about me why should i?

Grow a backbone and just say no. If your wife loves you she will understand that you are not there to support the whole familly.

Saying that the missus bought hers a 17,000 pound hilux van last year most of it on HP. When i visited its used as the transport

for all the Buriram Pea football matches and general village bus .

She wont ask me for a penny , because she knows what the answer is. I support my own familly im not in a relationship to support anothers as well.

Chok Dee everyone is different i have no problem with people giving their wife 100,000 baht a month just find the whole deal sad.

My wife reckons that we could survive as a couple on ฿10 000.- a month but that means no health insurance, no internet and NO BEER. She got

฿20 000.- from rice before I told her to stop working in the fields. A year. Rice, fish garden, all the weird stuff that they take from the hedge rows...

I guess that ฿10 000.- is plenty in absentia, when you get there it's you that decides how much will be spent. My wife doesn't have a purse and asks me for money if she wants to buy something.

Ignore the rather rude post above and decide for yourself.

20000 bht a month from working in a rice field. Either you've been scammed or I'm going to get my wife out in tge field.

• Like 1

My wife reckons that we could survive as a couple on ฿10 000.- a month but that means no health insurance, no internet and NO BEER. She got

฿20 000.- from rice before I told her to stop working in the fields. A year. Rice, fish garden, all the weird stuff that they take from the hedge rows...

I guess that ฿10 000.- is plenty in absentia, when you get there it's you that decides how much will be spent. My wife doesn't have a purse and asks me for money if she wants to buy something.

20000 bht a month from working in a rice field. Either you've been scammed or I'm going to get my wife out in tge field.

He said 20k a year. Are those ghosts messing with you again?? LOL.

Read again the bit where I write 'a year'. Sir.

Rather be know as the scrooge than as the buffalo.

Not all of us are sad losers who have to buy a girl and her family.

No not everybody but most. It's all about money with Thai's and nothing else. I must say you're right about being the scrooge before the buffalo. I give my girls family zilch. Why should i ?

"I have experienced this in many different locations over the years in Isaan"

How many long lasting, "Relationships" did you had in Isaan,

that you actually lived there, with your different wife's GF's in many different locations, Villages, places?

A lot it must have been!whistling.gif

And everywhere, you had the "bad' folk against you. Poor man you are! sad.png

Edited by ALFREDO

So yeah, looks like what she has now is going to be plenty till I join them. The family home is in some disrepair as the sil left with her bf leaving behind her 17 year old son to take care if mil. Looks like some new thatch roof and some minor cement repairs with be the two major items. Plus labor. I figure about 20baht per thatch panel and a few thousand baht for the 15x25 or so patio should cover it yes? Its where the mil spends most I her days. Plus they have some kind of water pressure issue which I'll tackle when I get there.

Thanks again. :)

So yeah, looks like what she has now is going to be plenty till I join them. The family home is in some disrepair as the sil left with her bf leaving behind her 17 year old son to take care if mil. Looks like some new thatch roof and some minor cement repairs with be the two major items. Plus labor. I figure about 20baht per thatch panel and a few thousand baht for the 15x25 or so patio should cover it yes? Its where the mil spends most I her days. Plus they have some kind of water pressure issue which I'll tackle when I get there.

Thanks again. smile.png

Don't worry about the thatch repair, this will last about three years and is easy to do, ฿20.- / thatch seems ok to me, I paid more than that. I just do one thing at a time every month or put it off until the next month if funds are running low.

Once again, don't worry, tell them that you have no money, if they don't like that you will know what situation you are in.

You will find that there are a whole load of small things that need to be done, involving tool purchase and so on. As in Europe, don't, ever, lend out tools.

Thanks again. smile.png

Don't worry about the thatch repair, this will last about three years and is easy to do, ฿20.- / thatch seems ok to me, I paid more than that. I just do one thing at a time every month or put it off until the next month if funds are running low.

Once again, don't worry, tell them that you have no money, if they don't like that you will know what situation you are in.

You will find that there are a whole load of small things that need to be done, involving tool purchase and so on. As in Europe, don't, ever, lend out tools.

Thanks Cooked,

Yeah, we out up the original about for or five years ago and it's in pretty bad shape. Me and another friend of the family had it built in a day or so. Came out quite nice actually. Fun to do two. Drive mechanical buffalo with Cary to pick up materials and some thatch and bamboo and presto! Patio covered! Wish we had these cheap and usefull materials more available here. Would be pretty exotic looking in my back yard. Thanks for the advice and heads up everybody. Nice when TV members (even the grumpy ones) can chime in with something helpful. I'm getting pretty exited about my upcoming trip. Only a month away now. My four year old is already settled in to the village life and is teaching English to the other kids. Has a lil class room with a table and some stools setup on the patio out front along with some early language material wify brought over with them. Pretty darn cute.