Pepsimax Cans Disappearing Quickly

Mekong Bob

Here we go again. This time it's not the floods that disrupted the distribution of PepsiMax cans to supermarkets for many long months, it's the divorce between Pepsi and SermSuk Bottling Company. Involves all Pepsi cola drinks, diet and regular, cans, glass bottles, and plastic bottles.

Pepsi is gone from the shelves at Big C (Hang Dong) and Makro (Hang Dong). How about where you live?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Rayong, Pepsi and Pepsi Max appeared to be absent for a few days but stock of both today at Lotus and BigC.

This is new stock (ie not bottled by Serm Suk) and also noticed that bottles were 1.45 litre, not 1.5 as before, same price though. whistling.gif

May not be in your area but shows Pepsi is producing and getting it out of the factory.

As of yesterday Tops Market still has a good supply, also Pepsi with a Lemon Twist, not diet though.

I've been alternating with Coke Light and it's not bad.

I long for Diet Mountain Dew.

As of yesterday Tops Market still has a good supply,

That's because we don't like it out here. It will always be there.

In Rayong, Pepsi and Pepsi Max appeared to be absent for a few days but stock of both today at Lotus and BigC.

This is new stock (ie not bottled by Serm Suk) and also noticed that bottles were 1.45 litre, not 1.5 as before, same price though. whistling.gif

May not be in your area but shows Pepsi is producing and getting it out of the factory.

I have one bottle left of old stock Pepsi Max it is 1.25 liters. Coke Zero is the same size.

Why would anyone drink Pepsi when Coca Cola is to be had??

Good taste.

Between Coke and Pepsi Pepsi Max is the heads up winner.

I was fooled by all the Coke hype and almost mystic aura that they presented for years. Until one year we received i a can of coke and a can of Pepsi with the means to make it a taste test with out knowing the brand. That was when we switched to Pepsi. Coke was good but Pepsi was much better in a blind test. Plus where we lived you could get Pepsi diet with out caffeine.

Fortunately for me here in Thailand Coke puts out a very good drink with Coke Zero almost as good as Pepsi Max and that is saying a lot for it.

I have one bottle left of old stock Pepsi Max it is 1.25 liters. Coke Zero is the same size.

Previously (under Serm Suk) 1.25 and 1.5 sizes were available. Same for Coke and Pepsi.

Tops at Kat Suan Kaeo (KSK) has run out. Rimping at Nim City has run out.

What's the deal with a new cola drink to replace Pepsi? (No, not Coke.)

As of yesterday Tops Market still has a good supply, also Pepsi with a Lemon Twist, not diet though.

I've been alternating with Coke Light and it's not bad.

I long for Diet Mountain Dew.

Yesterday at Tops it was empty at the airport one.

You can't get a fix of poisonous Pepsi? Maybe God is looking after you, steering you away from that crap. In a land full of cheap, delicious and nurtitious juices why would anyone but that evil sh*t?

Because we like it.

Also my body doesn't like all the sugar you are pushing.

"est" produced by the former bottler of Pepsi, Serm Suk.

This "EST" replacement is a cheap shot at trying to emulate the masters. PEPSI and COKE may sleep well, EST is just awful [ according to a recent but very limited survey performed by Your's Truly :) ], but you may find some that like such a taste, but EST is really not a Coke-Pepsi alternative. Big Cola is much better, but with only 20% of the Thai market is available in only certain regions, not in the capital, but the Peruvian owner company has announced grand plans to change this; they will benefit likely from the recent Serm Suk-Pepsi divorce, if they move aggressively.

"est" produced by the former bottler of Pepsi, Serm Suk.

This "EST" replacement is a cheap shot at trying to emulate the masters. PEPSI and COKE may sleep well, EST is just awful [ according to a recent but very limited survey performed by Your's Truly :) ], but you may find some that like such a taste, but EST is really not a Coke-Pepsi alternative. Big Cola is much better, but with only 20% of the Thai market is available in only certain regions, not in the capital, but the Peruvian owner company has announced grand plans to change this; they will benefit likely from the recent Serm Suk-Pepsi divorce, if they move aggressively.

Two questions

1 Is big cola a non sugar drink like Coke Zero and Pepsi Max?

2 Is Pepsi not going to start another bottling system here in Thailand or is it By By Thailand for their pop line up?

I noticed that in my local 7 there is no Pepsi Max. I usually prefer Diet Coke, Pepsi Max is a fine alternative but I don't particularly like Coke Zero. I drink it if the other two aren't available. Never drink the full fat stuff. Does anyone know why Pepsi Max is less available and what is this EST stuff?

I noticed that in my local 7 there is no Pepsi Max. I usually prefer Diet Coke, Pepsi Max is a fine alternative but I don't particularly like Coke Zero. I drink it if the other two aren't available. Never drink the full fat stuff. Does anyone know why Pepsi Max is less available and what is this EST stuff?

Read in detail about Pepsi and they have now bought into Thailand, so will be no need for a bottling Company, as American Pepsi themselves with be here, so will be same as Coke here they will own the Company......... Cannot find in English is detail but can get the idea from here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PepsiCo-to-invest-$600mn-in-Thailand-30192995.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PepsiCo-unveils-Bt18-4bn-plan-for-Thai-investment-30193061.html