Australian Suspected Of Being Drugged, Collapses On Walking Street In South Pattaya

Rimmer

Australian suspected of being drugged, collapses on Walking Street in South Pattaya

PATTAYA:--In Pattaya’s designated Tourist Safety Zone, the Pattaya Tourist Police were called into action just after 2am on Saturday to assist an Australian man who had collapsed in the middle of Walking Street.

Officers arrived and found the semi-conscious man, later named as Mr. Ernest Perez aged 31.

He had sustained a laceration above his right eyebrow and was drooling. Curiously no odour of an alcoholic beverage was detected and Police immediately suspected he may have been drugged in preparation for a robbery. He collapsed outside the Galaxy Bar in the centre of the street and was seen to fall hard onto the pavement.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65468/australian-suspected-drugged-collapses-walking-street-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

There is a lot of drugged cases of theft in Pattaya that go unreported and this really is getting a bit out of hand. Given there are a lot of people who use 'recreational' drugs, the lady boys hit on a lot and steal a lot. You only have to watch Big Trouble in Thailand n YouTube to understand how bad it is.

Oh dear , 2 in one night ! ... And both in tqhe safety zone ...

The police need to get tough on people caught spiking drinks , asit could potentially kill them !

"The police need to get tough on people caught spiking drinks , asit could potentially kill them"

Yes you are correct, but this wont happen for at least 1 of or maybe all 3 reasons :

1. Pattaya police are probably the most incompetant and unable police force I have come across in all my travels around the world.
  2. Even if the police were to catch these people they are so corrupt that the criminal could easily pay them off. The incidents that appear in the news are the ones where no one was paid off.
  3. Even if im wrong about the 2 above, Pattaya police dont care about the rule of law and its ethics anyway. They police on status and possibility of money, not ethics.

This is the problem for this and most other crimes in Pattaya.

Negative view i know but realistic.

Edited by rinteln

Oh dear , 2 in one night ! ... And both in tqhe safety zone ...

The police need to get tough on people caught spiking drinks , asit could potentially kill them !

"The police need to get tough on people caught spiking drinks , asit could potentially kill them"

Yes you are correct, but this wont happen for at least 1 of or maybe all 3 reasons :

1. Pattaya police are probably the most incompetant and unable police force I have come across in all my travels around the world.
  2. Even if the police were to catch these people they are so corrupt that the criminal could easily pay them off. The incidents that appear in the news are the ones where no one was paid off.
  3. Even if im wrong about the 2 above, Pattaya police dont care about the rule of law and its ethics anyway. They police on status and possibility of money, not ethics.

This is the problem for this and most other crimes in Pattaya.

Negative view i know but realistic.

the point i make about the police there is if you look at garbage there in that street who the hell in there right mind would want to get involved its dog eat dog there and as they say trouble in thailand sex tourist and rugies and drunken violent people ok maybe a few people go to see what its all about but be honest here would you like to live with those people in your street

perhaps if drugging people wasnt portrayed as normal behavior on Thai soapies it wouldnt be so prevalent

absolutely, that was my first thought.

Never seen a thai soap opera. They actually have that kind of stuff on there? Why do they drug people in the operas?

Never been to Pattaya & from everything that I read on here, I never want to!!! Hope the poor guy is going to be ok

Am in Pattaya during every of my trips to LOS and never had such problems and probably never will, as I am thinking with my head and not my d...

Never been to Pattaya & from everything that I read on here, I never want to!!! Hope the poor guy is going to be ok

Looks like somebody left the parental lock off the computer - this forum is no place for 12 year old's!!

• Like 1