Moving From The Usa And Opening A Business In Bangkok

I am no expert, but based on info from threads here, the short answer is NO. In order to set a Thai company and get a work permit and visa from it you need Thai partners. Thai employees etc a Thai has to own a majority share in the business.

I would think, but dont know for sure, that all that would be difficult to do from the US unless you have Thai family here to assist you.

I am sure more knowledgeable members will contribute shortly.

More information about your circumstances would help, married to a Thai etc ? business type etc ?

Edited by CharlieH

As an American you can indeed start your own business here. However, in order to get a work permit to work in said business, you also need at least 4 Thai employees. I believe there's also a minimum capitalization for this. You probably do need a lawyer to help you set it all up. The trick is to find a lawyer who's legit and knowledgeable to get it done right the first time. I would interview a few in person first.

Send me a PM and I will help you. I owned a company in Thailand for 7 years and lived in Thailand for 12 years. If you are still in the US you should be able to get a 1 year visa without any problems. I used to get a 1 year visa every year with no issues. Very simple, but things do change. like I said PM me and I will help you.

Send me a PM and I will help you. I owned a company in Thailand for 7 years and lived in Thailand for 12 years. If you are still in the US you should be able to get a 1 year visa without any problems. I used to get a 1 year visa every year with no issues. Very simple, but things do change. like I said PM me and I will help you.

Better advise him to stay in the US because if he comes here he may end up as a TV poster without knowledge of anything Thai!!