Quick Boi Visa And Work Permit Renewal Question

Hello and good day,

My 2 year visa and WP are up in on March 31, 2013. My question is when I renew them both on the same day at one stop, will my new visa and WP be good until March 31, 2015 or will they be good for 2 years from the date that I renewed them ?

In other words I want to know if I renew them 3 months early, will I loose those 3 months which I already payed for ?

Thanks,

Phil

The extension is of the permit to stay (it is not a visa) you currently have. The extension starts when current permit to stay ends.

I think the work permit is the same.

I am not sure you will be able to extend 3 months early. Normally it is within the last 30 days of your permit to stay.

The extension is of the permit to stay (it is not a visa) you currently have. The extension starts when current permit to stay ends.

I think the work permit is the same.

I am not sure you will be able to extend 3 months early. Normally it is within the last 30 days of your permit to stay.

Just to set the record straight for other readers,

The guy at the Dept. of labor (work permit) counter told me I could renew 4 months early. I checked later with BOI (different office). When you renew your work permit and VISA they will expire 2 years from the last day of the month which you renewed it. So if I renew it 5 months early, I would loose 4 months.

Phil

I am not sure if the info you got from the BOI is correct. You should check with immigration to get the correct information on the extension. I cannot believe that the standard rule concerning when the extension starts for a person with BOI privileges would be that much different from the normal rules.

Edited by ubonjoe