How Helpful Are Resume Hosting Sites Like Ajarn, Dave's -Landing Interview Directly W/ Schools?

How helpful are resume hosting sites like Ajarn, Dave's in getting applicants directly in front of schools?

Big help, somewhat, not very, not at all, waste of time?

I know they can be popular with agencies, which I would rather not work for.

So best method...? Pound it out in thr street, school by school, contacts, inside leads.

I usually run an advert for job openings. People who send a resume/CV as requested will get a response (usually), and those that send the ajarn reply usually are lucky if they get that. It's a little too easy to hit 'send' on anything.

I do note that I get a fair number of people who apply by sending the ajarn CV as well as responding with a full one to the email address.

Ajarn is okay if you remember to keep your CV refreshed.

One negative point is that I found out a company joined ajarn.com, they then used the search facilities to find telephone numbers and started phoning about pension schemes and saving plans.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for FT work and have used Ajarn. I've got a couple of interviews (one definate/one maybe) in a couple of weeks of being in BKK.

I'm not sure how the upcoming interview(s) will go but there must be a better way of finding work than just wandering the streets of BKK no?

It's a good idea to check the advertisements and then to respond with the requested information. I put ads out and what I get is a link to the persons resume on the ajarn site. I seldom even respond to these, since it does NOT answer some specific documents, questions I need to know. Some people send the link and follow up with a full resume and copies of the requested documents (or an explanation).

I really try hard to answer everyone who applies, but sometimes I get inundated with resume's/CV's and because of time constraints it just doesn't happen. Unless you get a rejection saying you are not qualified, don't hesitate to send your resume/CV to the same school over again.

This particular time of the year it's a little hard to find work, so don't get too discouraged.